Dissidia 012 is it worth playing?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It has a lot of fan service. If you have many favourite characters in the series, it's definitely worth playing to play as them in a way never before possible.

Each character controls rather amusingly and as you might expect, too. For example, you can feel the weight of Cloud's Buster Sword, whereas Zidane is very nippy.

Definitely worth trying if you're a fan of FF in general. And it must be cheap to pick up now, too.

ChrisB

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 25, 2014
It's actually £15.99 English pounds :) thinking of downloading ff7 and ff9 as I already have 8 and 10-10-2 remaster

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
What many people have found playing Dissidia who haven't played many games in the series, is that it has made them want to go and play those games after developing a fondness for certain characters. If I were to suggest, though, I'd say play some more FF games that you've not yet played - you may end up enjoying their stories far more in Dissidia, then. Plus, Dissidia will actually spoil the plots of many FF games if you haven't played them all.

FF7 and 9 are godly FF games, so I'd say you should play them through before you play Dissidia. But it's entirely up to you :)

ChrisB

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 25, 2014
I've played and completed every final fantasy from 7-13 lighting returns even dirge of Cerberus and crisis core I just love revisiting them and playing them again for hours I've played the first dissidia but not the second hence the thread

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Oh I see! In that case, Dissidia 012 basically is the first Dissidia but with an extra scenario featuring the likes of Lightning, Tifa, Vaan, Laguna and Kain. You seem to have played most of the games featuring them, so you'd likely get a kick out of it if you enjoyed those characters.

It does have more content, but keep in mind 012 is still basically the first game with a new prequel scenario with those characters.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Well, since you've played the first Dissidia let me tell you that 012 feels too much like an expansion of the game - even if it virtually includes the first game within its contents. I also liked much more the first one, as 012 kinda felt nerfed in some aspects. Also, the story is equally terrible. It isn't a bad game by any means, but if you aren't craving for more Dissidia fan service, I wouldn't recommend it.

ChrisB

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 25, 2014
I think I will :) I'm currently playing ffx hd and trying to fill the expert sphere grid it's taking forever, I'm now waiting for 12 to be remastered if they ever decide to do it