Even if xv fails we still have xenoblade chronicles x and kh3

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
If final fantasy xv is ruined by the combat system. We still have xenoblade chronicles x and kh3. So it's not like its the end of the world. Hopefully what we are hearing from the interviews is not the case and the combat system isn't casualized.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Whoa. Isn't it kind of sudden to be deeming this game a failure? Let's just dial it back here a little. The game isn't even out yet.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Sir, the Duke Nukem fans are in the other room. Perhaps you could comfort them.

/fuck, I've been busy. I'm waaaaay behind on the news as it seems. Combat system has been what now?
It seems like the gameplay will be more automatic from the new interviews we got.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Do you all even play other JRPG games? There are alot of other ones where you cant really control any other characters but the main one. Also, alot of JRPGs have an auto battle system. Kinda what this is like in a way. Heck Bravely Default had one and that games did great.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Still have to wait and see for sure how it will play, especially considering any significant details about the battle system have been translated, and interpreted in many ways.

Also... Xenoblade Chronicles X... lol... yeah right.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
Xenoblade was meh.... very underwhelming and mediocre. Second one doesn't look much different. I think XV's chances to fail are slim. However, there is P5, D5, KH3, TOZ, TO____ on PS4, SMxFE, DD, etc. Division 1 knows there is a lot at stake for XV, which is why both directors claim it's being made to the best of their quality. Remember it could have been finished on PS3 but Nomura refused. The effort to make sure his vision is the best there is puts a lot of pressure on the devs though Taba said he doesn't care about it because he just wants us gamers to finally play it and see our reactions. There's just too much passion to go to waste and let end up as nothing special like Xenoblade. Why feed us all of this if they know it's half assed and watered down upon release?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Remember it could have been finished on PS3 but Nomura refused.
Final Fantasy XV was set to be revealed back in 2012 due to next generation hardware announcements, but was delayed due to various reasons such as the life span of last generation platforms. This decision was not made by Nomura but different departments as a whole.

I'd like to know where the "refused" part comes from.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
While you are entitled to your opinion of Xenoblade, don't act like the game is thought as "nothing special", considering it received critical acclaim and is regarded as one of the best RPGs of last gen.
Lol. Xenoblade is nothing special. The bandwagon effect does not phase me. I do not care what the majority of critics say. I'm simply putting it blunt, Xenoblade is nothing special compared to other 7th gen JRPGs out there nor did it carry the same weight in story telling and characterization from previous installments MS made. It's the Avengers Assemble of 7th gen JRPGs, while Lost Odyssey is the Ultimate Spiderman. Both medicore at best. I'm just putting this out there lol. I can also go into the details though that would take forever when the flaws are so apparent. It does more wrong things than good. Sure you can enjoy it but I'm not going to admit it was this revolutionary JRPG that people describe when it wasn't. Can't give credit where it is not due. Sorry.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
You sound like as if your opinion is 'THE ONE TRUE OPINION' of the game or as if it's fact.
I'm pretty sure the Xenoblade series is amazing.
I've only played a bit of it but I regret myself for not finishing it because due to me losing various games of mine while moving from place to place.....
Xenoblade is not a series. XBC X is the spiritual successor but not canon. Xeno is the franchise name, always having another word after it. GEARS SAGA BLADE. Xenoblade did not stack up well in terms of its narrative, writing, and character portrayal/development compared to the past 2 series MS made, which are BK (the only none Xeno game) and XS. XBC was more watered down than your most basic shonen such as Fairy Tail. More cartoonish than its plot required, which was effect by amateurish writing. More cilchie than its characters required, making them walking tropes rather than actual people with flaws, quarks, and baggage (Nomura prefers the later for a Final Fantasy game, meanwhile Tabata enforces that same vision). Greatly lacked development. Pacing wasn't faster than a snail. Twist weren't shocking. Immersion was dumb down as fudge. Combat was decent minus auto attack and future sight. Boss battles badly designed (Sharlla's husbands long hallway fight) and gimmicky, many requiring me to hit them until a cutscene popped up. Like I said I go into the details about each flaw, write page after page but what's the point when they stand out so brightly. I don't know how people view them as good if these points are flaws. Like I told the other can't give credit where it is not due.

However, I see the opposite in XV so far, therefore I laugh when you say if XV fails we have XBC X to look forward to, a game which Tabata is making exactly the opposite of. For his game, body language counts. Gesticulation allows for a gesture, especially a dramatic one, used instead of speaking or to emphasize one's words. Squint during a conversation

–> showing interest

Look away from a person during the conversation
–> possibly shy
–> curious about the surroundings, observing

–> a story told without words. Visuals are more
important than ever, carrying more weight than anything XB can portray on the screen.

For his game, setting counts. Emotions count. Events count. Real people in real situations. Yeah it's fiction... why the word real? BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN FLAWS, QUIRKS, AND BAGGAGE THAT ARE FOUND BEST ON OUR EARTH!!! Fantasy based on reality.

Noctis
· defining characteristics: Aggressive behavior towards obstacle that slow him down. A powerful desire for new and exciting sensations. Dependent on others to give him a chance at the intense experiences he craves. Cocksure- thinks there are few challenges he cannot overcome. Considerate to those loyal to him. Fake - acts cool to hide his emotions. Introverted to a degree. Dislikes politics. Headstrong. Jokester.
· physical appearance: Slim physique, unruly hair, and blue eyes. His hair and eyes change color depending on his actions, both of which relate to the crystal and Eto.
· job and educational background: Prince and royal schooling.
· defining desire: To go about life not as Noctis Lucis Caelum CXIV but an ordinary man.

Cor
· defining characteristics: Extreme dedication to the people of Lucis and its crown. Dislikes those who have no respect for Lucis's laws. Forty two years old (a sign of bad luck in Japanese culture). Knowledgeable - experienced many wars and gained wisdom behind why people fight throughout the years. A legend and top tier warrior. Sensitive to smoke. Patriotic. Stubborn. Strict. Blunt.
· physical appearance: Well built, battle scarred, rigid, and old.
· job and educational background: Commanding officer.
· defining desire: To guard Lucis and its crown. Escape from the annoying Noctis and company, so he can relax.

Gladiolus
· defining characteristics: Eldest child of the Amicitia house. Acts as a shield against anyone who harms the crown/royal family members - by harm mental pain as well, bullying. Playful. Cheerful. Competitive. Bumptious.
· physical appearance: Tall, tatted, and muscle head.
· job and educational background: Guardian to the crown/babysitter and older brother to Noctis.
· defining desire: To protect the crown and N/A...

Prompto
· defining characteristics: Perseverance - attempts to prove Lucians and himself his low caste does not mater. Jokester - bad influence on Noc. Chip on the shoulder. Devil-may-care. Charisma. Womanizer. Outcast.
· physical appearance: Freckle-faced and youthful in everything.
· job and educational background: N/A
· defining desire: To flirt, have his bounty lifted, gain acceptance, and N/A...

Ignis
· defining characteristics: Knowledgeable - born a savant, high intelligence. Aplomb. Serious.
· physical appearance: Glasses.
· job and educational background: Special education and staff officer for Noc.
· defining desire: To fufill his duty and N/A.

Idola
· defining characteristics: Driven by passion. Sinister presence. Strong leader. Idealistic. Secretive. Desperation. Manipulative. Cunning. Immoral. N/A.
· physical appearance: Old man - Old enough to call you grandson.
· job and educational background: Leader of Niflheim and N/A.
· defining desire: To dethrone Lucis and N/A.

Regis
· defining characteristics: Thoughtful. Runs his kingdom like the Yakuza/mafia. N/A.
· physical appearance: Old man with a more youthful face.
· job and educational background: Leader of Lucis and N/A.
· defining desire: To end the cold war and pass on his lineage.

Clearly there are enough attributes to distinguish these characters from any other group. Do not let their appearances fool you. Noctis is not a Cloud/Sasuke rip off despite his emo look. Ignis is not your generic bookworm despite what he looks like. To me Nomura was mocking stereotypes by over exemplifying them. Even so, everyone is distinct and epic! Yes, Taba is now director but he still honors the entire cast Nomura built to the fullest of that vision.

See. Not just some walking Saturday morning anime archtypes who never rise above those archtypes, uhuhm Shulk, the white race of amnesic village boys destined with greatness because the plot requires it. Oh wait, Zanzar could have picked anyone to host with. What's special about a personalityless character? Nothing. Signs of bad writing. Can't give where where it is not due. I refuse to be like the rest, uhuhm IGN and Gameinformer both admitting the characters were very generic, yet that was not a problem. XBC is 7th's gen most overrated JRPG out there.

XV will show you what good story telling is for a rated T Final Fantasy. Grey, serious, and edgy. XV will show you what immersion is. XV will show you how to properly build characterization, develop characters, and make their personality/upbringing/behavior/out look on the world/manner of speech interesting, organic, and lifelike. No more archetypal bullshit. XV isn't gonna fail. XBC should have failed but hey the west loved it for some reason. I will defend XV and slander god awful games it gets compared to. I have done too much research on IGN's form (http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-final-fantasy-xv.454161061/) to end up being disappointed like Xenoblade. XV is something special. XB will never establish such specialness.

FINAIL FANTASY XV IS MY LIFE.

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Lol. Xenoblade is nothing special. The bandwagon effect does not phase me. I do not care what the majority of critics say. I'm simply putting it blunt, Xenoblade is nothing special compared to other 7th gen JRPGs out there nor did it carry the same weight in story telling and characterization from previous installments MS made. It's the Avengers Assemble of 7th gen JRPGs, while Lost Odyssey is the Ultimate Spiderman. Both medicore at best. I'm just putting this out there lol. I can also go into the details though that would take forever when the flaws are so apparent. It does more wrong things than good. Sure you can enjoy it but I'm not going to admit it was this revolutionary JRPG that people describe when it wasn't. Can't give credit where it is not due. Sorry.
Again, I have nothing against your opinion of Xenoblade. I was only pointing that you shouldn't pretend that most people share your opinion about the game, when it's quite the opposite.

Sep 26, 2013
Like I said I go into the details about each flaw, write page after page but they burn stand out so brightly I don't know how people view them as good.
Why don't you make a thread about it then? Get into a conversation with fans of the game so that you can have a better understanding of why they think the things you hate are good. I mean... That's one way to know. :rolleyes: