FF12 HD Remaster. Where you at, brah? Homies be waitin' on you.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova_Somnus

Balamb Garden Freshman
As much as I'd want a remaster of FFXII, it is hardly a piece of software that will allure me to purchase a current gen system. And right now the thing this generation needs is another remaster because god forbid we do not have enough of these.

As far as your wishes go... no. Just no. There will be texture updates, maybe the Japanese dub and that will be it. I'd love for Matsuno to go back and rework the story of the game, but he quite likely will not.
If I didn't have a PS4 already, I'd buy one for FF12 HD. The same with how I bought a 3DS for Ocarina of Time 3D. I'd buy a console for a remake if I really love the game and it has been given a really good facelift and/or new content.

Also, FF12 HD won't have the Japanese dub. Don't fool yourself, brah. Even FF10 HD never had the Japanese dub, so why would they include it with FF12 HD when the English dub is already seen as the best dub to ever appear in a JRPG? I want Matsuno to finish the script, but that will 90% not happen. That's more wishful thinking on my part. However, with Jun Akiyama leaving FF15, there's hope for new cutscenes by him at least. The rest of points on my list are completely plausible, all internal and external factors considered.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
Completely off-topic: By the way, I love that Rinoa image on your sign.

If I didn't have a PS4 already, I'd buy one for FF12 HD. The same with how I bought a 3DS for Ocarina of Time 3D. I'd buy a console for a remake if I really love the game and it has been given a really good facelift and/or new content.

Also, FF12 HD won't have the Japanese dub. Don't fool yourself, brah. Even FF10 HD never had the Japanese dub, so why would they include it with FF12 HD when the English dub is already seen as the best dub to ever appear in a JRPG? I want Matsuno to finish the script, but that will 90% not happen. That's more wishful thinking on my part. However, with Jun Akiyama leaving FF15, there's hope for new cutscenes by him at least. The rest of points on my list are completely plausible, all internal and external factors considered.
FFXII HD not having the Japanese voice over isn't a bad thing at all. The English VO is a very good dubbing work, one of the best I've heard in that Language in fact (being a Latin American I personally think Latin American dubbing is far superior to almost every English dubbing out there, including games), so it's not a great loss.

That's not the case with FFX HD, where the Japanese VO would have made a huge service to the game. A shame SE didn't want to add it to the re-release.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
FFXII HD not having the Japanese voice over isn't a bad thing at all. The English VO is a very good dubbing work, one of the best I've heard in that Language in fact (being a Latin American I personally think Latin American dubbing is far superior to almost every English dubbing out there, including games), so it's not a great loss.
This. I'm usually very strict about playing with seiyuu only, but FFXII's english voice actors excelled. One of the few instances where I think english voices drastically outdid it's JP counterpart.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
The acting was really good but the thing that bothered me while playing FF XII back then was the audio quality. It sounded like they were talking through a toilet roll or they were recording the voices with a vacuum cleaner. Don't know if they can fix this in a remastered version but I definitely hope they can.

Nova_Somnus

Balamb Garden Freshman
This. I'm usually very strict about playing with seiyuu only, but FFXII's english voice actors excelled. One of the few instances where I think english voices drastically outdid it's JP counterpart.
FF12 has the best English dub to ever appear in a Japanese game. I just hope the they improve the audio quality for FF12 HD Remaster. I want some audio quality that sounds like a Blu-ray Hollywood movie.

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
The acting was really good but the thing that bothered me while playing FF XII back then was the audio quality. It sounded like they were talking through a toilet roll or they were recording the voices with a vacuum cleaner. Don't know if they can fix this in a remastered version but I definitely hope they can.
If they still have all of the original recordings, they should be able to keep the quality intact with the added space this time around. They had to be compressed to fit to DVD back then, which was a real shame.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
Agree. But that's because of the PS2 hardware (it's sound chip was inferior to those of the other 6th Gen consoles), not the recording process which was excellent.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
This is one of my most anticipated reveals at E3 this year. Really hoping SE comes through on this.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
They may show it at E3 but I doubt it's the biggest thing they'll show there. Heck, if they show KH3 again, I still doubt it's the biggest thing they'll show.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Whatever happened to that School of Ragnarok project? seems like it just died off after the game reveal and Dissidia HD announcement

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
They may show it at E3 but I doubt it's the biggest thing they'll show there. Heck, if they show KH3 again, I still doubt it's the biggest thing they'll show.
Perhaps. Maybe they need to do something that nobody would see coming as a trailer is something everyone expects?

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Actually, it is very possible that the remaster will have the JP audio (though I'll be sticking with English). X/X-2's remaster didn't have the original audio due to rights with Koda Kumi.

CRIMSON-XIII

Balamb Garden Freshman
Jun 9, 2015
i hope they make an easier difficulty when it comes to leveling up. i dont want to grind as much, and i agree with all other points