Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

FFXV details equipment, lodgings, cooking, and chocobos + screenshots

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
In the "kinda knew it already, but good to see it confirmed" department, it's nice to see confirmation that you will be changing the character's weapons as well. Are they pulling from your own weapon stash or are you finding weapons out there specifically for them? I guess we'll find out.

More and more, I'm accepting the possibility that the "gambit system" they were referring to is just going to be different AI for different equipment. They've hinted at this a couple of times now. It's still possible they are just waiting to reveal the system (I had given up on wait mode before they announced that one, so it's totally possible), but I'm going to be prepared to not have as much control over the AI as I had originally hoped.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Here's some translations for you guys, just two for now.

This is showing off the "Compare" option that you can use by pressing in the right stick (R3).

Some really interesting looking stuff for buddies next, but right now I'm off to bed.
What's awesome to see here is that equips are are there. Slightly disappointed that it doesn't show up on the character model (I see no bangle or chocker) however there's a specific slot of attire. I know we already knew there would be different outfits, here's hoping that the attire has different stats (My instant thought being "but what if there's something I like the look of but has shitty stats?" maybe there's an upgrade system)

What's awesome to see here is that equips are are there. Slightly disappointed that it doesn't show up on the character model (I see no bangle or chocker) however there's a specific slot of attire. I know we already knew there would be different outfits, here's hoping that the attire has different stats (My instant thought being "but what if there's something I like the look of but has shitty stats?" maybe there's an upgrade system)
I'm pretty sure the outfits are only cosmetic.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Haha, that's why I think the outfits are pure cosmetic while the accessories are used for stats. I know what you mean playing FFXIV having to glamour everything so that you look good while having good gear.

Ugh LeonBlade your translations of menus are manna from heaven. No one bothers to go deep into the stuff I care about like stats and abilities, even Nova Crystallis just glazes over them and they have great translators. Can't wait to see the rest, I'm immensely curious about the buddy menu. Did they remove levels/tiers/whatever from the weapons do you think or are they just not available in this menu?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Ugh LeonBlade your translations of menus are manna from heaven. No one bothers to go deep into the stuff I care about like stats and abilities, even Nova Crystallis just glazes over them and they have great translators. Can't wait to see the rest, I'm immensely curious about the buddy menu. Did they remove levels/tiers/whatever from the weapons do you think or are they just not available in this menu?
With a proper translator I could get this stuff done way quicker. I guess for the most part this stuff isn't really that interesting to a lot of people. I'm glad that you enjoy them!

Speaking of, here's two more with Ignis showing off the buddy ability system.

The Dagger and Pursuit thing I'm assuming have to do with the conditions of how the command works. I believe Pursuit has to do with how it targets enemies, in this case, it seems like it's supposed to be used to going after the enemies in the form of Noct's shift-break.

Also, as you can see, these abilities can level up, at least for Mark, up to level 10 at max. There's also something with "CRITICAL" which might have to do with the abilities critical damage? Perhaps they will do more damage or extend capability as you level it up.

Really cool to see how this stuff will work. Also, I love the new UI, it's amazing.

Last edited:
With a proper translator I could get this stuff done way quicker. I guess for the most part this stuff isn't really that interesting to a lot of people. I'm glad that you enjoy them!

Speaking of, here's two more with Ignis showing off the buddy ability system.

The Dagger and Pursuit thing I'm assuming have to do with the conditions of how the command works. I believe Pursuit has to do with how it targets enemies, in this case, it seems like it's supposed to be used to going after the enemies in the form of Noct's shift-break.

Also, as you can see, these abilities can level up, at least for Mark, up to level 10 at max. There's also something with "CRITICAL" which might have to do with the abilities critical damage? Perhaps they will do more damage or extend capability as you level it up.

Really cool to see how this stuff will work. Also, I love the new UI, it's amazing.
The new UI truly is great. Perfect example of elegant minimalism, feels very Final Fantasy. Can't help but notice that the wing and bullet symbol no one had explanations for show up here with affinity percentages just like the three elements. Possible confirmation of two more elements? I could see the bullet being an indication that gun damage is calculated differently from normal damage or something along those lines, but what about the wing? Aerial attacks? Holy element? Hm.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
The new UI truly is great. Perfect example of elegant minimalism, feels very Final Fantasy. Can't help but notice that the wing and bullet symbol no one had explanations for show up here with affinity percentages just like the three elements. Possible confirmation of two more elements? I could see the bullet being an indication that gun damage is calculated differently from normal damage or something along those lines, but what about the wing? Aerial attacks? Holy element? Hm.
I was thinking the bullet might be piercing with like shelled enemies, or breaking through things with actual armor, but it could just be bullets. As for the wing thing, we've seen it a few times and we're never any closer to understanding it... This time it's lined up directly with the other magics, which means it must be a fourth magic. The symbol for this used to be a purple circle with a moon inside of it. That's our only thing that connects it to anything other than the weird wing shape we have now.

Here are some new translations showing off sleeping. As we already know, sleeping is how you level up in this game, and also provides as a way to buff yourself for your next outing. There is just this image I have for right now which is for the campsites, but we've seen this before, just wanted to show off the great new UI anyways.

As for the food, I'll get to that later. Speaking of food, these next two options you can't eat Ignis' cooking. That's the mobile home and the inn. The mobile home is cheap lodging that is found all over the world. While you can't get food buffs, you still can get bonuses like shown here with EXP x1.2 which will vary from place to place. This one is located in the Hammerhead parking lot and only costs 30 GIL, pretty cheap!

Then there are inns, a staple of Final Fantasy, these are found around the world as well. You can find hotels, motels, Holiday I- uh... resorts. These have a wider price range and can get pretty pricey, but they will have much better bonuses than something like a trailer. This place is located in an area known as Gardena Ferry and is called Seaside Cradle and costs 10000 GIL, pretty expensive. However, this place offers a nice EXP x2.0 bonus which is nice!

It's nice to have a wider variety of places to stay, one thing I love about sleeping at inns or campsites in Final Fantasy XV is that it's much like what you would do in older Final Fantasy games, but fleshed out in a realistic way. Instead of just plopping a small tent sprite on the screen or a small tent model, there's a whole system built around it, and I really like that.

I'll work on some more tomorrow, probably the one about food.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
It's nice to have a wider variety of places to stay, one thing I love about sleeping at inns or campsites in Final Fantasy XV is that it's much like what you would do in older Final Fantasy games, but fleshed out in a realistic way. Instead of just plopping a small tent sprite on the screen or a small tent model, there's a whole system built around it, and I really like that.
Indeed, ex: FFIV.

like in FFXV where the runes protects the camp spot.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Great translations, I am really intrigued about the skill leveling for your comrades. I hope each time you level them they get more flashier, would be really cool to see that.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
Love your posts LeonBlade. Not only the translations per se, but also the way they're presented in the picture. It seriously looks straight up from the English version of the game!

Absolutely loving the menu design. Not sold on the current battle one yet, but this one looks great: as I said in another thread, it's really reminiscent of Lucis' ornamental style, both the room and the visual elements of the menu themselves. And a 3d (I assume?) preview of weapons in the menu is always a great thing.

Also, yeah, the whole sleeping thing is pretty well done here (didn't play Duscae, so I don't really know about the EXP thing, but it's very original if anything). One of the things I always loved about VIII was the fact that there were ACTUAL contemporary-ish (very comfy) hotels, so having them here is great as well, especially considering how varied they seem to be AND the fact that you also have your typical tents and then mobile homes.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light

I'll work on some more tomorrow, probably the one about food.
This is something that I don´t remember if it was adressed or not but, how does the system determines which character gets how much EXP? Could someone refresh me on how exactly Episode Duscae leveling up worked? Did each character "stored" exp by individually killing foes or everyone "stored" the same amount?

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
This is something that I don´t remember if it was adressed or not but, how does the system determines which character gets how much EXP? Could someone refresh me on how exactly Episode Duscae leveling up worked? Did each character "stored" exp by individually killing foes or everyone "stored" the same amount?
I second this, because I find it confusing why they can have different levels of Exp.

Again, much praise to Leonblade for the translations.

Every character who participated in battle got an even amount of experience if I'm recalling correctly.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
I second this, because I find it confusing why they can have different levels of Exp.

Again, much praise to Leonblade for the translations.
Just based on what they do in battle, it's all added up during the day and calculated when you sleep.