Final Fantasy Replay and Discussion: FFIX

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
@Azuardo @Tsukiyomi @Storm2356 I' ll be happy to create and keep an eye on all "replay" threads (FFVII-VIII-IX and even XIII and XIII-2 when @Sapientia decides to start) if that's ok. I won't be able to play all these games at the same time, but I'm really excited being part of a community that replays these masterpieces. My role will only be the same as it's in this thread... Keeping an eye, answering some questions etc.. Just let me know.

PS: When the XIII saga replay project starts I'll definitely play too! My PS3 is always ready for another playthrough before LR gets released!

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Hey guys, glad to see everything got worked out and you're keeping it going. I'm curious though, has anyone considered going after Excalibur II in any play-through? I would if I had the time to play right now, but like I said curious if anyone else has thought about it or done it.
I personally haven't, but after this recent run, I think the next step would be to try that. But it's never been something I'd attempted because I know there's a fair bit of luck involved, plus constant resetting and loading etc. Just seems like too much of a frustration and time-consuming. One day, perhaps...

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I forgot I bought FFVIII on my PSP account, so I can only play on my PS3, unless I wipe my vita and add that account to it, which does NOT sound like fun. Still gonna be tons of fun.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
I forgot I bought FFVIII on my PSP account, so I can only play on my PS3, unless I wipe my vita and add that account to it, which does NOT sound like fun. Still gonna be tons of fun.
Well if it's ok, I can create a poll where we will see who is interested in all these games, including FFXIII saga. The poll will always be open as the thread will, where everyone can show interest. If there are 3 or more members that would like to participate in each game, the respective "replay and discussion" thread will be created...

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Okay, just to maintain this thread's original purpose...

Hey guys, glad to see everything got worked out and you're keeping it going. I'm curious though, has anyone considered going after Excalibur II in any play-through? I would if I had the time to play right now, but like I said curious if anyone else has thought about it or done it.
I've never done this! In my 27-28 playthroughs, not even once did I even try... I really find it impossible to do it... All I want from this game is the whole experience, not a new sword in my inventory... However, I have a question too... Is Excalibur II the best weapon in the game? Do it's stats worth it to get it? I have never asked this before...

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Excalibur II is the most powerful weapon in the game with 108 attack power. Is it worth it? Nope. Every single character can be built to inflict 9999 damage, including Steiner, easily. There's simply no point to it other than for self satisfaction at completing one of the most difficult challenges in the game.

Phoenix

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 28, 2013
Well, just made it to Cleyra's truck, been unable to play for a while but finally got to this point. Feels like the game is going into it's faster-paced moments for sure.