Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 19, 2013
2020 is probably when the last part of FFVII remake will release (yes i know it's a bit optimistic date because nomura)
At this point I think we'll get Part 3 by 2022 at best if the first one drops Late 2018 and there are 2-year gaps between each episode. But I doubt Part 1 will be out next year already, as I think the first part will have a much longer development time because the technological and gameplay foundation has to be created and solidified first for the other parts to be built on more effectively. Ideally Part 2 & 3 are already in pre-production too and enter full production almost simultaneously or at least with overlapping development periods so they can release two years apart (with help by several studios, like how CC2 is co-developing Part 1).

This kind of project needs really, really good project management and SE isn't exactly known for that, with the exception of Yoshida's miraculous turning around of FFXIV. Okay, to be fair - and this is ironic given its history - you could also commend them for salvaging the Versus wreck and turning FFXV into anything even remotely decent at all in just ~3 years, especially considering how many firsts for the series it features (ultimately, it's very flawed, but has some great moments - pretty much Wasted Potential: The Game). The real test for SE, however, will be how they handle FFVIIR, and also FFXVI, in the next years. Hopefully they come out relatively quickly (3-4 years dev cycles) and are better games than FFXV. I won't stop hoping until we get a FF with the quality of narrative, world-building, and presentation of something like The Witcher 3 and Horizon: Zero Dawn, or imagine NieR: Automata-level of story and combat, but with the production value of a FF... whew, that would be a dream. Maybe FFXVI will be that!? :)

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Seriously though if Versus XV happens, they better fix the superboss fights, and I would prefer if they go back to the KH style combat with character switching. Not a big fan of having to select items in a completely separate menu. Oh and they better do a complete overhaul of the Perfect Chaos monster and Devil Doom from Shadow The Hedgehog inspired Leviathan fight that boss fight was hot dogshit, and braindead.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Really hoping everything will work out in the end because if it doesn't, then he's repeating what he did with Versus 13 if I'm to be quite honest.

Not completing a game on time, the game being pushed onto a new generation of consoles, having to start again from scratch to accommodate the new console etc etc.

It's 2017 now and not even one game has seen the light of day, let alone 3 full length games... I seriously hope it all works out somehow.

It makes me wonder how long do we have until the next generation of consoles begins?
Next gen at best is happening in the year 2025, because of the Scorpio and PS4 Pro. Hell their might not even be a next gen and just iterative consoles of the current gen similar to smartphones. Also Versus XIII wasn't affected by simply not completing the game on time, it was a matter of only being able to work on the game in 2010-2011, and 2011 was when he got a look at the new consoles.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
It makes me wonder how long do we have until the next generation of consoles begins?
It would indeed be a repeat. Just my guess, but we'll probably start receiving information on the next gen PlayStation probably in 2020 at the latest imo. If the Scorpio does really put that much pressure on Sony, which I doubt it but may still happen, we may start knowing information perhaps 2019. Just my guess though as nothing is set in stone...too many uncontrollable factors.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
It would indeed be a repeat. Just my guess, but we'll probably start receiving information on the next gen PlayStation probably in 2020 at the latest imo. If the Scorpio does really put that much pressure on Sony, which I doubt it but may still happen, we may start knowing information perhaps 2019. Just my guess though as nothing is set in stone...too many uncontrollable factors.
2020? If the Xbox Scorpio puts pressure on them, they can just release another more powerful version of the PlayStation 4. The PS5 is just going to be a more powerfui PS4 anyway.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If the previous generation and the launch of "upgraded" iterations of the current consoles are anything to go by, I´d say Microsoft and SONY would like to stretch the gen as far as possible. The seventh console gen began in Nov/2005 and ended on NOV/2013, it lasted over 8 years, the launch of PS4Pro (and "Scorpio" fall this year) would buy a few extra years, I´d say we won´t have a new gen until 2023.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
If the previous generation and the launch of "upgraded" iterations of the current consoles are anything to go by, I´d say Microsoft and SONY would like to stretch the gen as far as possible. The seventh console gen began in Nov/2005 and ended on NOV/2013, it lasted over 8 years, the launch of PS4Pro (and "Scorpio" fall this year) would buy a few extra years, I´d say we won´t have a new gen until 2023.
Based on what I've read in regards to the Scorpio, it probably isn't going to be a current gen upgrade like the PS4 Pro, but rather a next gen console. It wouldn't surprise me given how Microsoft already lost this gen race wise.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Based on what I've read in regards to the Scorpio, it probably isn't going to be a current gen upgrade like the PS4 Pro, but rather a next gen console. It wouldn't surprise me given how Microsoft already lost this gen race wise.
It's not a next gen console, because if it was then MS wouldn't be promising no exclusive games for the system. It's simply just more powerful than the PS4 Pro.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
In Versus XV they really gotta fix this fight. Real Talk.
They need the stuff leading up to it, to, it was literally one bland room, then some QTE nonsense, then the boss fight was just.

The XV 2013 trailer was almost completely different and no not just climbing, the room would turn, and was moving.

What happened here, guess they optimize in time.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The XV 2013 trailer was almost completely different and no not just climbing, the room would turn, and was moving.
it was completely different, and it was also target render from a prototype version; it would never look like that even with Nomura in charge (assuming he would develop the game in the same time as tabata did, using the same tech and man-power).

SQ isn't simply good enough to produce set-pieces in that caliber yet.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
it was completely different, and it was also target render from a prototype version; it would never look like that even with Nomura in charge (assuming he would develop the game in the same time as tabata did, using the same tech and man-power).

SQ isn't simply good enough to produce set-pieces in that caliber yet.
Nomura would have just taken two more years(2018) if the leaker is to believed,(this is the one who got the plot spot on about XV as well as whole XV being Square's last chance) now honestly it seems like they simply couldn't optimize Luminous Engine for that, not that Square lacked the talent. The Luminous Engine was unfinished so optimizations to get the most of the consoles were probably happening, along with the development of the engine, along with the creation of the game. They probably found out at some point that the scene didn't run well on consoles, and Square didn't give the developers enough time to do it.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
What makes you think SQEX higher ups would have given Nomura 2 more extra years? The longer the project draggs the harder itnbecomes for it to be profitable, which as a company you do not want to deal with that.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
What makes you think SQEX higher ups would have given Nomura 2 more extra years? The longer the project draggs the harder itnbecomes for it to be profitable, which as a company you do not want to deal with that.
That's why he was taken off it, because it would have taken 2 more years to come out, it was multi-part, and Square wanted him to work on something they have a lot more faith in being profitable the FF7 Remake, also they would have given Nomura 2 more years if they had more faith in XV, the game only started development in 2012-2013, add that with developing and optimizing an engine, the game clearly needed 2 more years to develop, or at least a year with Tabata's vision with Nomura's vision it needed 2 years, if they were using something finished like Unreal Engine 4, then I guess 2014(the original release date) would have been slightly more realistic for Part 1 to come out.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
assumptions: the post

what the heck makes you think nomura is the one who decides in how many years x game releases? Versus fanboys think nomura is square-enix big boss or something lol. all the employees need to meet deadlines in the real world dude.

i'm sure tabata would wish to have 2 more years as well.
I literally just made a post about that, it's one of the reasons Nomura was taken off the project because what he wanted to do would have taken two more years to develop, I'm well aware the publishers are the boss.

The Luminous Engine was unfinished so optimizations to get the most of the consoles were probably happening, along with the development of the engine, along with the creation of the game. They probably found out at some point that the scene didn't run well on consoles, and Square didn't give the developers enough time to do it.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
What makes you think SQEX higher ups would have given Nomura 2 more extra years?
Probably leeching on the false 4chan leak from last year in regards to the made up "trilogy" part that mentioned Nomura requiring 2 more years to release part 1, despite the initial "multiple games" announcement never confirming anything about a trilogy.

The longer the project draggs the harder itnbecomes for it to be profitable, which as a company you do not want to deal with that.
Even KH2 faced pressure in meeting deadlines which resulted in Final Mix filling in the holes (they even went as far as updating some of the models too).

There is no reason for Versus shills to lie this hard for something they to know a lot about. It reeks of desperation.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]