Final Fantasy X-2.5 novel ends with "To be Continued"!!!!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
Why the big question of whether Yuna ever missed him? Has she not told him the reason why she joined the Gullwings in the first place? Why she set out on her journey? The entire point of FFX-2 aside from trying to settle the major socio-political tensions of Spira?
Rikku tried to explain this to him. Paine said that after they saved Spira from Veganagunm, fayth rewarded Yuna by bringing Tidus back again. Tidus asked "It's mean I came back because fayth saved me?" Rikku replied "It's because Yuna effort"

Wait, Tidus thinks that if the elders "disappear or if he can defeat them just like monsters, it would be good"? Can someone reword this for me, because at the moment I'm literally picturing this perpetually depressed Tidus grabbing his sword and going on a murder rampage in the village.
I mean it literally. :rolleyes:

My friend said that the new part the she read today, there is scene that Yuna sleep beside Tidus in ship's cabin. She woke up and pick up her cloth that lied on the floor.... :eek: (It's mean that she already have sex with Tidus). This is one of the most shocking part.

Last edited:

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Thank you for the link Kuja.

According to the translation there, it sounds like the Fayth-through-copulation method's only known use was by the Unsent Summoner and is not necessarily the method used in the Fayth of Yevon or even those from the age of Zanarkand. This is good to know, because for me that was my biggest problem with this novel. I mean, I'm not really fazed at all by the death thing and somehow I doubt the head popping off will make it into a X-3 on screen, but the whole sex thing was kind of a dealbreaker. I'm an open-minded guy, but necropedophilia kind of hits my limits with a sledgehammer.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
More details from my friend who already read section boy chapter 3,4,5

chapter 3

- Talking about new character Vakum (male) and Summoner Kushu (female). It's began when they woke up after they have sex.... (Oh... Nojima) They're on top floor of 1号吸排気ダクト.

- Kushu said there's man walking at the coast. He's picking up the ball from bag while looking at Kushu. Valum shouted that it's bomb!!

- The bomb exploded. Valum and Kushu escaped from the explosive range. Valum thought that he must kill that man, and the heretic mage... (who?)

chapter 4

- Gullwing gang're chatting on Celcius. From the radar, they saw the big storm that coming to southern of Besaid island. They tried to communicate with Yuna, but the communication device's unworkable with no reason. Shinra said he can't fix it because "I'm just a kid".

- Paine told everone that they must go to Besaid and tell villagers about the storm.

- Aniki (Rikku's brother) 's crying. He loved Yuna. But now Tidus came back... so there's no chance for Aniki anymore. Aniki refused to come to Besaid. He don't want to see Yuna with Tidus.

- Paine hesitated, she thought that the villagers may used to the storm. While they are chatting, suddenly the radar's unworkable.

- Shinra told that this engine had made 1,000 years ago, so it could be broken anytime. Nowadays Al-Bhed can't make a powerful engine like this. Their ancestor didn't leave any blueprint for them.

chapter 5

- Tidus's coming to explore the ship "Aurochs-Ace". He come to ship' cabin and found that room's luxury just like the room in hotel. (Others Besaid Aurochs member have decorated it for him and Yuna.) Tidus napped in that room.

- He woke up in the night. When he looked out through the window, he couldn't see Besaid coast. The ship had sailed out for a long way. That's shocked him.

- Tidus ran to the deck, Yuna in kimono's the one who controlled the ship. Yuna said sorry to keep you waited. At first Tidus's angry, but Yuna said she's the one who should be angry because she had waited for him 2 years! Tidus accepted and said sorry to her.

- Yuna said that his team (Besaid Aurochs members) told her to use this ship to stay with Tidus tonight. She said with shyness, Tidus also.

- Yuna said the storm's coming, they should moor the ship somewhere. Tidus tried to help Yuna control the ship, he had many knowledge about ship. He remembered the time when he was in Zanarkand, that he lived in the ship.

- But... from the aroma that he scent from Yuna's hair, it's turn him onnn!!! He invited Yuna to go to the cabin. Yuna tried to refused because they should moor the ship somewhere first, but Tidus still dragged her to the cabin anyway.

---------------------

So.. X-3 began because his Lust... :cookie:

p.s. Sorry for my poor english skill again... :oops:

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
I can't believe no one has busted out yet and said "Ha ha, this is all just a hoax". It's seriously confusing.

And yeah, that last bullet point. WTF.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
SO yunalesca and Jecht have a sex to create final aeon and now tidus and yuna NEED to sex to bring back tidus to SPIRA!? AURON have a daughter?ughh WTF ENIX you are the worst gamecompany even EA is better.
I never taught i say this but now even lightning return is better game than FFX trilogy.I wonder what sakguchi thinks now.....
IN SQUARE ENIX STUDIO: Complicated idea and story but single anwser how to create fayth!? guys? mr toriyama? ughhh SEX?
CONGRATULATIONS ENIX YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO RUIN GAMES WITH YOUR STUPID SEQUELS.

Last edited:

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
I wonder what sakguchi thinks now.....
I dunno, but in a way Sakaguchi is kind of responsible for installing all these people. Kitase, Nojima, Toriyama... these guys aren't new. They all joined Squaresoft in the early to mid-90's, and once Final Fantasy VII (and VIII, and X) sold a bazillion copies, their control over the franchise was pretty much cemented in place.

Bwahahahaha, everyone's deciding to get down and dirty. This is going to be even more of a ginger stepchild of Final Fantasy than even The Spirits Within. I wish I can get my hands on a translation now even if it's in a 300-page pdf format. This sounds too glorious to pass up a chance to read through for myself.

Sakaguchi's probably too busy trying to do a 360 on a 15-feet wave in Hawaii at the moment to think much of this.

SO yunalesca and Jecht have a sex to create final aeon and now tidus and yuna NEED to sex to bring back tidus to SPIRA!?...ughh WTF ENIX you are the worst gamecompany even EA is better.
...was that actually verified to be the case? I thought the means to make a fayth, Final Aeon and bringing Tidus back again was rather vague so fans just whipped up (often horrific) scenarios and possibilities based on that bit of vagueness.

Oh well. It would explain why Yunalesca is dressed like Lady Gaga, not that Gaga herself is that physically lusted for as far as I know...

Additionally, as much as Square have been screwing people (in more ways than one!) around, EA have still managed to screw us around even more. My tortured soul still weeps for the victims of the rEAper.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Late to the party on this, but since I recently got FFX/X-2 HD, obviously I listened to the audio drama, and came away with a seriously bitter and sad taste in my mouth.

Then I heard about the X-2.5 novella, and how it takes place before the audio drama, clearing up some of the attitudes of people like Yuna.

The more I've read about the novella, the worse it got for me. This butchery has ruined the story from both games in a horrible way. It's actually made continuing on with FFXHD pretty difficult for me now. It has seriously messed with my childhood memories.

I want to ignore and forget about this awful continuation of the story. I wish the bad feedback would force them to un-canon it, but since it's bundled into HD Remaster, it's unlikely. I'm just scared at what on earth they'll do with X-3 now. There was already a happy ending in X-2; now they've undone everything, made an immature and unbefitting script that does not reflect the characters we once knew, and could still as yet fuck it up even further. If we have to endure a X-3, I hope it still ends on a happy ending note, but it would have been 100% unnecessary to get there, after it was already achieved in X-2.

How the fuck did all of this get approved? Did no one have the balls to say, "This is fucking bollocks, mate. Rewrite it."

Haven't been this pissed off in relation to games or the FF series in a long time. So upsetting.