Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 27, 2013
The rest of my post includes heavy speculation as well as highly likely spoilers for the total amount of Summons (Astrals) as well as a name of one of the Astrals:
Nice catch!
With Tabata saying there were less summons than traditional FFs I was worried Ramuh, Leviathan and Titan would be the only ones, but glad there's more. Don't think all seven will be battle summons, Carbuncle is a summon too, Kujata which is listed in the enemy screen might be a summon too.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Hey guys, if you're still hungry for more FFXV, here's some new images and a video straight from SIGGRAPH, just for you (well not really but you know what I mean):

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/07/slick-images-of-final-fantasy-xv-from-siggraph-2016/
According to the article from 4gamer that goes along with the video, the demo is running on a PC packing an i7-5820k and a GTX980Ti. The game will have improvements on the consoles version but will likely won't look as good or run as well as shown in that video.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
With the glorious new video we can do a lot of analyzing from their debug menus which are amazing by the way, I'd love to play around with the game in a debug menu like this, it would be amazing.

Before I go into detail about the debug menu, I'd like to point out a few things I noticed while watching that appeared towards the right hand side of the screen, here's one instance of it:

The blank space below Reflex is actually just where an item drop is about to come in, so just ignore that. Throughout the video you can see a few different skills pop up, Gladiolus uses Reflex, Ignis uses Analyze and Prompto uses Scintilla. From what I saw in the video, I believe that Reflex is a move that Gladiolus uses to swipe a bunch of enemies quickly around him. This ability is shown to be initiated by Gladiolus himself without any sort of input from the player. Here's a quick animation I made to show off what I believe to be Reflex in action.

We know that allies use their own abilities and can unlock new abilities from weapons and skill trees, this is likely an example of these types of abilities.

There's not much else to comment on in terms of in-game elements other than that you can see item drops from enemies show up below where your party members abilities.

Now, let's tackle the massive amount of debug menus, first I will look at the bar shown at the top:

Nothing to special here, it seems like this menu can bring up just about anything. The only thing I'm iffy about the translation for is for Compile, as it also can just be read as Edit, but considering this is programming related, I figured it was implying something to do with compiling, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's not really worth anything to anyone anyways, so let's move on.

I'll be doing more later, right now I need to go to sleep.

Edit: @MoogleKupoCake (Nick) on Twitter found an error with my menu post, correcting it here just in case people see it here! Thanks, Nick!

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
But who needs sleep if you can analyze FFXV to death?
If I didn't have to sleep, I wouldn't.

I decided to at least finish the window I was working on before I went to sleep. This is the window in the top left, it's a debug window for world time, they can enable/disable the actual flow of time (meaning they can stop time from advancing), set the actual current time with the slider, view the current elapsed time and day of the week, and even set the rate in which time advances forward.

Further debug windows will be analyzed and translated similar to this one.

Anyways, time to sleep.

Oct 19, 2013
With the glorious new video we can do a lot of analyzing from their debug menus which are amazing by the way, I'd love to play around with the game in a debug menu like this, it would be amazing.

Before I go into detail about the debug menu, I'd like to point out a few things I noticed while watching that appeared towards the right hand side of the screen, here's one instance of it:

The blank space below Reflex is actually just where an item drop is about to come in, so just ignore that. Throughout the video you can see a few different skills pop up, Gladiolus uses Reflex, Ignis uses Analyze and Prompto uses Scintilla. From what I saw in the video, I believe that Reflex is a move that Gladiolus uses to swipe a bunch of enemies quickly around him. This ability is shown to be initiated by Gladiolus himself without any sort of input from the player. Here's a quick animation I made to show off what I believe to be Reflex in action.

We know that allies use their own abilities and can unlock new abilities from weapons and skill trees, this is likely an example of these types of abilities.

There's not much else to comment on in terms of in-game elements other than that you can see item drops from enemies show up below where your party members abilities.

Now, let's tackle the massive amount of debug menus, first I will look at the bar shown at the top:

Nothing to special here, it seems like this menu can bring up just about anything. The only thing I'm iffy about the translation for is for Compile, as it also can just be read as Edit, but considering this is programming related, I figured it was implying something to do with compiling, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's not really worth anything to anyone anyways, so let's move on.

Can you find Stella in there?

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Well Shiva, Ifrit (not summonable in XIII) and Bahamut were in every FF maintitle, so why not in XV?
If so, than we have 6, but who's the 7th?
Odin, Diabolos or Doomtrain? I want them all :(

I think these 7 are the big/major summons, while the minor one is Cabuncle.

Jul 16, 2015
I think analyzing officially released materials here is okay.
That stuff they found shouldn't have been seen though. Also "The rest of my post includes heavy speculation as well as highly likely spoilers for the total amount of Summons (Astrals) as well as a name of one of the Astrals" this is a post from someone on this page which should be in the spoiler thread.

EDIT: I'm tired of arguing about this crap all the time. I won't be talking about this issue again. let's just move on.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013

Ignis also uses the ability "Lancet" in that video, an ability typically associated with Dragoons that in the past has dealt damage and drained HP/MP from enemies! It's worth noting that the weapon Noctis equips in this presentation is called the "Drain Lance", a likely bearer of such an ability! Great stuff Leon.

EDIT: Oh! That was in the other video with the narration that Ignis uses Lancet, he doesn't seem to use it in this more HD one. Prompto in this HD one likewise uses an ability called Ballistic! I believe this might be the first confirmation that your allies can carry more than one ability into battle? Woo!

That stuff they found shouldn't have been seen though. Also "The rest of my post includes heavy speculation as well as highly likely spoilers for the total amount of Summons (Astrals) as well as a name of one of the Astrals" this is a post from someone on this page which should be in the spoiler thread.

EDIT: I'm tired of arguing about this crap all the time. I won't be talking about this issue again. let's just move on.
Officially released materials are fair game, and they should be, for all sorts of analysis. For instance, I wouldn't want Leonblade's gameplay analysis thread from back in the day to go in the spoiler thread when I'm avoiding story spoilers. At this stage if you're looking to avoid things like this that you consider spoilers, the onus is on you to go on a voluntary blackout. All of this is stuff that's plainly spelled out in videos that have been released to the public and while I sympathize with you that it could diminish your personal experience I don't think it's something to hide behind spoiler tags.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
Ignis also uses the ability "Lancet" in that video, an ability typically associated with Dragoons that in the past has dealt damage and drained HP/MP from enemies! It's worth noting that the weapon Noctis equips in this presentation is called the "Drain Lance", a likely bearer of such an ability! Great stuff Leon.

EDIT: Oh! That was in the other video with the narration that Ignis uses Lancet, he doesn't seem to use it in this more HD one. Prompto in this HD one likewise uses an ability called Ballistic! I believe this might be the first confirmation that your allies can carry more than one ability into battle? Woo!

Officially released materials are fair game, and they should be, for all sorts of analysis. For instance, I wouldn't want Leonblade's gameplay analysis thread from back in the day to go in the spoiler thread when I'm avoiding story spoilers. At this stage if you're looking to avoid things like this that you consider spoilers, the onus is on you to go on a voluntary blackout. All of this is stuff that's plainly spelled out in videos that have been released to the public and while I sympathize with you that it could diminish your personal experience I don't think it's something to hide behind spoiler tags.
I agree with you on most of what you said except that the information that people are commenting on about the Astrals was definitely not meant to be seen by the fans. That is my only issue. Speculation on things is fine but the problem is there has been a lot of leaks and I know a lot of people in here have read about them and allude to things in their comments even if they aren't flat out typing out the spoilers that they have seen.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
I agree with you on most of what you said except that the information that people are commenting on about the Astrals was definitely not meant to be seen by the fans. That is my only issue. Speculation on things is fine but the problem is there has been a lot of leaks and I know a lot of people in here have read about them and allude to things in their comments even if they aren't flat out typing out the spoilers that they have seen.
I guess I just feel that the Shiva thing and the potential number of Astrals don't count as leaks even if they weren't "meant to be seen". They were in an official video, though I really get your frustration at people alluding to leaks outside of leak threads. That's definitely scummy and doesn't really belong here, though I don't see anyone noticeably doing that in here at the moment.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Can you find Stella in there?
Maybe she's hiding in one of these menus. :cactuar:

I did see Ballistic, but I didn't actually see Lancet! That's awesome, I'm actually in the middle of a play-through of Final Fantasy X right now where Kimahri has that ability. Nice catch!

As for the topic of spoilers, I agree with @Death Penalty on this not being really considered spoilers, however, for the sake of keeping large posts with analysis content out of the news/discussion thread, I will be creating a separate thread for further analysis post. The entire compilation of the recreation of all the debug windows will be done there and any discussion can continue there. This way, it's kept out of any story spoilers, it's self contained in a way that's easy to find and anyone who doesn't any to see it amidst the rest of the news/discussions can easily avoid it.

As for the whole Shiva thing, I don't think that's a spoiler to anyone if you've seen any of the concept art or train footage from a while back. Anyone who hasn't seen this kind of information likely wouldn't be posting in here to begin with, so I feel these topics are safe to discuss.

However, I'll still be creating a new thread! :happyboko:

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016

I think this will be one of those scenarios they talked about where a summon shows up, assesses the situation, then leaves.|

Titan: I am ready to unleash Gaia's Wrath!! Where is he Noct?
Noct: See that Mountain?
Titan: Yeah.
Noct: That's him.
Titan: Alright!!...ohhh...ummm, totally forgot, but I gotta wash my hair.
Noct: You don't even have hair.
Titan: Me no speaky the Human. Goooddbbbbyyeee you'retotallyboned.

He then fades in a spectacular display of cowardly particle effects.

Luckily the Adamantoise is no match for the Abamantoise - Abacus AmIRighta.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Couldn't help it....pre-ordered a 3rd copy of the game just for A Kings Tale D:
I feel like you just spent $59.95 for a game you'll be able to purchase separately for $10 not long after release. I canceled my PSN preorder to get this (and the whole deluxe package) but I'm only getting the one copy. You're nuts, lol :p