Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
for anyone who missed the skill tree/weapon thing:

The graphics look incredible... This seems to be Xbox, but it certainly looks way better than we've seen before. What could this mean?

They fixed Aranea's silly crotch-window.

If by fixed you mean ruined it!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The foliage looks much more improved. The tress especially don't look like MSpaint smudged mush anymore lol
Yeah, it almost looks like things weren't even rendering properly before hand. Which, might just be due to them not sorting out their LOD solutions on the consoles yet or it might just be fine tuning optimizations. One of the things I mentioned a long time ago about the performance on consoles was that this work would happen towards the end of the development which proves to be true.

The foliage looks a lot better, just look at the trees and they look completely different as you mention. And, like I mentioned, the fact that texture resolution appears to be the same says this isn't some jump in processing power but just optimizations which says that this isn't the newer Xbox console build or something ridiculous, this is truly what the Xbox will look like and likely even better by release.

Jul 16, 2015
So happy the graphics are looking so great. Such a huge improvement over what we have seen and the game play is looking amazing as usual. I was worried that the graphics would take a huge hit but that clearly isn't going to be the case. I love the Duscae area even though I know a lot of people seem not to and are tired of looking at it but I find it to be beautiful and it looked so good today. Aranea's animations were amazing from what little I was able to see. I loved the fact that when she hit the ground she rolled around in a defensive manner while also attacking wildly until she got back up. So many little details in the behaviors and movements of the characters that no game even comes close. The Chocobos in this game are the best in the series by far. Their design coupled with the way they move and behave are amazing. I love the way the feather physics from when the chocobo is running around and when it glides with the wind catching underneath the wings. Definitely looks like the delay was the best thing for the game and that will allow them to ship a truly great addition to the Final Fantasy series. Can't wait for TGS.