Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
indeed, i think the trailer was pretty light on spoilers.

just to give an idea, so far we haven't seen:

plague of the stars (not even implied)
iedolas in a cutscene
ring magic
bahamut
ravus is just barely there
big set pieces (leviathan or other summon)
new areas

the trailers have been very fragmented and they are not revealing much in fact.
We have hardly seen anyting yet

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm still very much convinced they have a REAL trailer still to come. I thought it would be the TGS trailer, but that looks like it was edited by the marketing B squad. I KNOW they are capable of putting together a REAL trailer. I've seen it. They even made Kingsglaive look good.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
For sure there will be launch trailer.
I want something like Dawn or Dawn 2.0, i fucking in love with overall tone of these trailers. But launch trailer probably will be all about action.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
For sure there will be launch trailer.
I want something like Dawn or Dawn 2.0, i fucking in love with overall tone of these trailers. But launch trailer probably will be all about action.
YES!

Dawn 2.0 is a criminally underrated trailer. I get people were disappointed with it because they were expecting more, but taken for what it is, it's great. The music totally makes it, too. If you don't get chills by the end of it with that music and the reveal of the KOTR in the background, I'm sorry, but you probably hate puppies.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
The music totally makes it, too
Oh yes, i always get goosebumps while listening to Song of the Stars \ Dawn theme. Also, after this trailer Luna instantly becomes my favorite character. That child abuse scene make me empathize her, and scene with guns shows how badass she grow up after her rough childhood.

Also Noctis and Regis scene makes me cry everytime:

"I will be with you... Always"

<3

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
You know what else is a criminally underrated trailer? TGS 2014.

What we got:

>XV returns from nearly a year of no-shows
>First time witnessing XV look like an actual PS4 game instead of an ugly target rendered PoS visual wise
>Greater look at field combat
>Dat character models in real-time (I.E. Luna)
>Shimomura goodness that was the Altissia theme
>Has the highest views yet out of any trailer of the game on YouTube (4 million).

Whats not to like?

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015