Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I can't see the pictures well enough to know if you're seeing things or not, but it would be plausible that there are stages. First the left arm, then the right, then you really piss him off kind of thing.

I hope so. It would otherwise be an outright lie. I'm old enough to understand that there are degrees someone can bend words when selling s product. That's life. But, an outright lie would be an issue for me. I'll continue to have faith in this team though. They're nailing it so far.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Be careful if you're gonna buy these from a Chinese website.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna create cheap imitations of these just to make a quick buck because FFXV is a hot topic right now with demand being high.

Don't expect something even close to the actual product if you ask me.
Yeah, I actually strongly advise that you DO NOT buy these.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I can't see the pictures well enough to know if you're seeing things or not, but it would be plausible that there are stages. First the left arm, then the right, then you really piss him off kind of thing.

I hope so. It would otherwise be an outright lie. I'm old enough to understand that there are degrees someone can bend words when selling s product. That's life. But, an outright lie would be an issue for me. I'll continue to have faith in this team though. They're nailing it so far.
Indeed, and it wouldn't make sense either given how honest Tabby's been on plenty of developments within FFXV. Makes little sense to outright state modifying/shortening the boss for demo purposes if the differences is too low the warrant such a method.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yeah, I actually strongly advise that you DO NOT buy these.
If I recall correctly these clothes were only available for a limited time. This was an official statement from the team and that if you wanted to buy you had to be quick.

I remember clicking through to buy but the clothes were unavailable because I was too late.

So cheap imitation copies most likely.

Not to mention the price for the original products was in the hundreds of dollars. That website is selling for $80...

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I think when Tabata said about 30% he meant the whole Titan event (which starts when chocobro's enters the tomb with royal weapon, and Titan woke up after Noctis acquire weapon), i really don't think there will be something after you destroy his arm.
In the end of the video Titan turns into gold sparks which probably means that Noctis proves himself and got Titan as summon, at best they let you use him against a fuckton of Nifs.
Some of people really need to lower their expectations about these gigantic summon bossfights, they gonna be epic for sure, but hard? I don't think so.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Btw guys, seems like some people will be getting their preorders of XV a few days before the rest of the world. Apparently some shops send games that release on Tuesdays on Saturdays, so the 26th. [Note, I did find this information on GFaqs, so I'm not sure about the legitimacy of these statements, but I think its a valid warning anyways]

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I think when Tabata said about 30% he meant the whole Titan event (which starts when chocobro's enters the tomb with royal weapon, and Titan woke up after Noctis acquire weapon), i really don't think there will be something after you destroy his arm.
In the end of the video Titan turns into gold sparks which probably means that Noctis proves himself and got Titan as summon, at best they let you use him against a fuckton of Nifs.
Some of people really need to lower their expectations about these gigantic summon bossfights, they gonna be epic for sure, but hard? I don't think so.
What about the part where they specifically said it didn't end with the breaking of the arm?

And don't put words in anyone's mouths. No one is talking about it being too easy or whatever. This has nothing to do with expectations. I never had a problem with the fight in the first place. But, they said there was more, so I'm wondering if there's more. It's not like it wouldn't make sense, either.

Edit: I can tell this is going to be like the 4chan leaks where just because I remained unconvinced they were debunked so everyone just assumed I was rooting for them. My interest, as always, is in the truth. I've never had strong feelings about that fight one way or the other.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
He mentioned fighting it. It waking up after you find a royal weapon in a tomb (especially when you aren't wven fighting it yet) shouldn't count together with the 30% statement, that would be ridiculous misinformation.

I don't think its wrong for people for expect more than what was shown right towards breaking its right arm. While you could be right about the explosion part, it could also simply be him transitioning to the next phase as well.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
What about the part where they specifically said it didn't end with the breaking of the arm?
Where did he said that? I don't remember, can you gave me a source?
He mentioned fighting it. Finding a royal weapon in a tomb shouldn't count together with the 30% statement, that would be ridiculous misinformation.
I don't think its wrong for people for expect more than what was shown right towards breaking its right arm. While you could be right about the explosion part, it could also simply be him transitioning to the next phase as well.
We really need to ask someone who played it, i questioned Phil Kollar once about it, but he didn't answer. ._. Anyone want to try to ask GamesRadar guy? :p

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Where did he said that? I don't remember, can you gave me a source?

We really need to ask someone who played it, i questioned Phil Kollar once about it, but he didn't answer. ._. Anyone want to try to ask GamesRadar guy? :p
I'll see if I can find it when I get to work.

But, Phil Koller played the demo we saw, right? How would he know if there's more?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Press played first 5 chapters of the game, and Titan is 4th chapter.
I know, but the scenario is that the remainder of the Titan fight was cut from the demo. We've seen the footage. The demo they got doesn't have any more to it. The question is whether or not they kept it out in the first place. We'd need word from someone at SE.

Just got to work, gimme 20-30, I'll find that quote for you.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
if that's all they managed to do with titan we should lower our expectations with leviathan's fight.
Ive seen alot of people complains about titan battle being "boring, easy, QTEihs" etc., but i wonder what they expected from fights against these gigantic enormous creatures? Its pretty much impossible to design in the first place without went full retard anime like Bayonetta.(I doesn't say that Bayonetta is bad game here)
For myself i expecting cinematic expirience with bunch of gameplay sequences. But i already can see that fights like Ifrit, Aranea, Loqi etc will be good, and full of gameplay.
I might be wrong, its just my opinion.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Ive seen alot of people complains about titan battle being "boring, easy, QTEihs" etc., but i wonder what they expected from fights against these gigantic enormous creatures? Its pretty much impossible to design in the first place without went full retard anime like Bayonetta.(I doesn't say that Bayonetta is bad game here)
For myself i expecting cinematic expirience with bunch of gameplay sequences. But i already can see that fights like Ifrit, Aranea, Loqi etc will be good, and full of gameplay.
I might be wrong, its just my opinion.
I saw a lot of that back when it was first revealed as well. And I agree with you (and no one right now is disagreeing with you, BTW. That's what I was getting at with putting words in my mouth). This was right around the time people decided they'd rather blame the video game stylings of Mat Kishimoto rather than just accept that this is how those fights are. I've always just assumed they would be big, epic cinematic battles, not necessarily real challenges. I would say, though, if that's the final cut, IMO, it fails to be epic, unless the cut story content leading up to it is more interesting than it looks.

But, I can't find that source (I can't find any comments about it, though, even the 30% bit). Probably because it was something someone said in one of the billion E3 videos at the time, so I won't expect anyone to believe it. It's entirely possible I've just seen that wiki quote enough times that it set in as a real quote, too. But, until I can find the source, I'll treat it like it never happened. If someone at SE didn't actually say it, then it's not outright lying and I'm fine with it.

I'm really not sure what more phases would do for it, really. Especially if the next phase is basically the same thing, but with the other arm. It just feels, I dunno. Incomplete.

Last edited:

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
See, my dream fight with these gigantic bosses would be:
1) Beat them up in their giant form
2) They transform into a super-powered human form
3) Get absolutely stomped the first couple of rounds cause I need to git gud
Actual 3) Beat them up and gain their essence, hence allowing me to summon them. Maybe learn a few things about the story, about the world while absorbing them. Maybe even learn about how to summon them (because of the whole "you need to fulfill specific requirements in order to summon" comment that happened, maybe, its too late to find a source someone back me up on this)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
See, my dream fight with these gigantic bosses would be:
1) Beat them up in their giant form
2) They transform into a super-powered human form
3) Get absolutely stomped the first couple of rounds cause I need to git gud
Actual 3) Beat them up and gain their essence, hence allowing me to summon them. Maybe learn a few things about the story, about the world while absorbing them. Maybe even learn about how to summon them (because of the whole "you need to fulfill specific requirements in order to summon" comment that happened, maybe, its too late to find a source someone back me up on this)
I'd do the same, only in reverse. A legit challenge fight with the smaller version first, then transform into a big epic finale.