Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
warning

ending was streamed, screens were found on twitter apparently.

avoid internet at all costs
Thanks for the warning.

Now everyone, kindly keep that shit out of here even if you are spoiler tagging xD

No screens, no gifs, no videos and no impressions please. Thanks ;)

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
To be fair, my gif comes from S-E marketing (notice the rating symbol) and doesn't show anything we haven't seen before, but better this way I guess.

And yeah, be careful, came just because of what Storm is talking about. In the GAF thread, a guy linked a tweet with, supposedly, stills of the ending (why would you do that). I obviously haven't even think of clicking, but yeah, be careful. Will most likely ban any "FFXV" and related terms on my Twitter.

Also, new JP commercial, so I assume it's fair game and fits this thread, but I'll tread carefully still.

If you haven't watched the Judgment Trailer, DO NOT watch it. Actually, if you don't want to see more and have more context for things in that one trailer, don't either (I have and I don't really care, but I know many would). The thumbnail depicts things we've already seen, but I'll link it HERE instead, just in case.

EDIT: oh, it seems that this PV is actually that thing. Still, if you didn't watch the demo trailer, don't watch and, if you did, it's up to you, but I would recommend against it.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
To be fair, my gif comes from S-E marketing (notice the rating symbol) and doesn't show anything we haven't seen before, but better this way I guess.

And yeah, be careful, came just because of what Storm is talking about. In the GAF thread, a guy linked a tweet with, supposedly, stills of the ending (why would you do that). I obviously haven't even think of clicking, but yeah, be careful. Will most likely ban any "FFXV" and related terms on my Twitter.

Also, new JP commercial, so I assume it's fair game and fits this thread, but I'll tread carefully still.

If you haven't watched the Judgment Trailer, DO NOT watch it. Actually, if you don't want to see more and have more context for things in that one trailer, don't either (I have and I don't really care, but I know many would). The thumbnail depicts things we've already seen, but I'll link it HERE instead, just in case.

EDIT: oh, it seems that this PV is actually that thing. Still, if you didn't watch the demo trailer, don't watch and, if you did, it's up to you, but I would recommend against it.
You are making it a bit too easy for people to piece things together about the ending. Don't talk so much about it.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
You are making it a bit too easy for people to piece things together about the ending. Don't talk so much about it.
What are you talking about? There's been two marketing videos S-E has shown these past weeks: the JD trailer (which I didn't talk about beyond its specific threads) and this new national-wide (for Japan) TV commercial that has just released, two weeks before the game's launch.

The thumbnail shows Leviathan, but I didn't want to put it here just in case, even though that very same video has been made a piece of news by Nova Crystallis doing the same I did: making it very clear that people might find big spoilers in that.

Tell me what I said that can be piece together easily, because I don't know what it is (especially if you haven't watched any video, for they have a shitton of different scenes, many of them new), as I haven't watched the so-called ending leak (which wasn't such thing according to people over at GAF, but I still don't know because I don't even know if it was a picture, video or whatever) and I'm only talking about S-E vetted footage.

I could have acted carelessly by puting the video up front, but instead I tried to be a bit considerate about that because I know how shitty being spoiled feels, especially when I got spoiled by a Youtube, unrelated video about Uncharted 4 (still uploaded the video because this is a thread for FF XV news and this is an official piece of marketing, so I found it relevant).

But I mean, I'll refrain from posting anything else if that might bother people.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
There's nothing wrong with Tornak's post. That's officially released footage. He was just saying that some people are assuming that was leaked from the ending, not that people who knew the ending are saying it is or something.

If I'm reading this right, anyway.

I understand that it's a sensitive time and a sensitive subject, but if a 3 second clip from officially released footage is going to bother you, it's definitely time to log off.

As long as people keep leak stuff to the right places, though, it should be fine for the majority of fans.

Jul 16, 2015
What are you even talking about? There's been two marketing videos S-E has shown these past weeks: the JD trailer (which I didn't talk about beyond its specific threads) and this new national-wide (for Japan) TV commercial that has just released, two weeks before the game's launch.

The thumbnail shows Leviathan, but I didn't want to put it here just in case, even though that very same video has been made a piece of news by Nova Crystallis doing the same I did: making it very clear that people might find big spoilers in that.

Tell me what I said that can be piece together easily, because I don't know what it is (especially if you haven't watched any video, as they have a shitton of different scenes, many of them new), as I haven't watched the so-called ending leak (which wasn't such thing according to some people over at GAF, but I still don't know because I don't even know if it's a picture, video or whatever) and I'm only talking about S-E vetted footage.

I could have acted like carelessly by puting the video up front, but instead I tried to be considerate about that because I know shitty being spoiled is (still uploaded the video because this is a thread for FF XV news and this is an official piece of marketing).

But whatever, I'll refrain from posting anything else if that might bother people so much.
I thought you were saying that people were posting videos of the ending and the thumbnails were of footage from the Judgment trailer. Sorry man. I sort of skimmed your comment because I'm trying to be careful that I don't get spoiled. I just don't want to have to jump off this forum for ten whole days. I just want to make sure people aren't being too loose with there language about things they have heard or seen. I'm a fucking moron.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
There's nothing wrong with Tornak's post. That's officially released footage. He was just saying that some people are assuming that was leaked from the ending, not that people who knew the ending are saying it is or something.

If I'm reading this right, anyway.

I understand that it's a sensitive time and a sensitive subject, but if a 3 second clip from officially released footage is going to bother you, it's definitely time to log off.

As long as people keep leak stuff to the right places, though, it should be fine for the majority of fans.
It wasn't the video he posted. I misread what he had written.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I admit, I can be way over sensitive about very minor things when it comes to spoilers/potential spoilers but God it's hard to drag myself away from here D:

I managed to stop going to to NeoGaf and the official FFXV forum though at least lol (never really visited GameFAQs)

Heck even if I "detect" a possible spoiler from someone's first half of their sentence(paranoid or what, heh?) I just don't read the comments xD

9 more days. I can survive 9 more days!

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I thought you were saying that people were posting videos of the ending and the thumbnails were of footage from the Judgment trailer. Sorry man. I sort of skimmed your comment because I'm trying to be careful of getting spoiled. I just don't want to have to jump off this forum for ten whole days. I just want to make sure people aren't being too loose with there language about things they have heard or seen. I'm a fucking moron.
No problem! Sorry if I came across a bit rude, as that would obviously never be my intention with any of you in here (actually, just edited some parts that I didn't realize sounded kinda like that when I first wrote them, like the "even" in the initial question lol).

It's understandable, considering how close we are, the leaked copies and that you didn't know if I knew that that part was the ending or not (would be very surprised if it was, as S-E has... well, improved in that regard) and thought that people already knew that was it.

What I know I'm gonna do is use those new Twitter settings to mute any mention of FFXV and things related (Noctis, Luna, Lucis...). And it's not like I would be depriving myself from info I might want to see (like the patch thing), as this place is very good when it comes to that and not in a spoilery manner. If you guys have Twitter, I really recommend doing that. I might have to do that for a longer time than just one week, unfortunately...

Oh, and Youtube. Fuck Youtube. Uncharted 4 was almost killed for me in that regard (it's that one game I really cared about the whole plot) and I wasn't even logged into my account!

Jul 16, 2015
No problem! Sorry if I came across a bit rude, as that would obviously never be my intention with any of you in here (actually, just edited some parts that I didn't realize sounded kinda like that when I first wrote them, like the "even" in the initial question lol).

It's understandable, considering how close we are, the leaked copies and that you didn't know if I knew that that part was the ending or not (would be very surprised if it was, as S-E has... well, improved in that regard) and thought that people already knew that was it.

What I know I'm gonna do is using those new Twitter settings to mute any mention of FFXV and things related (Noctis, Luna, Lucis...). And it's not like I would be depriving myself from info I might want to see (like the patch thing), as this place is very good when it comes to that and not in a spoilery manner. If you guys have Twitter, I really recommend doing that lol. I might have to do that for a longer time than just one week, unfortunately...

Oh, and Youtube. Fuck it. Uncharted 4 was almost killed for me in that regard (it's that one game I really cared about the whole plot) and I wasn't even logged into my account!
I was the rude one man. You have nothing to apologize for. I was kind of worried for a second though that you post hinted at the ending but it's all good man. Ten more days. We can do this.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Some guys I work with at my job have a group chat. It's chat is simply called the companies name.
Today I see it changed to 'Companies name' and in brackets '(10 days)'. Their not even FF fans yet they torment me D:
....Not a good idea telling them I'm taking 2 weeks off for the game....

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I was the rude one man. You have nothing to apologize for. I was kind of worried for a second though that you post hinted at the ending but it's all good man. Ten more days. We can do this.
If I had thought that one guy in this forum knew the ending and was cryptically talking about that, I would have acted way worse lol. Totally normal reaction, yours.

Also, expect actual, HUGE spoilers emerging throughout today, tomorrow and the day after, as that's more than enought time to beat the game if someone is really trying to (most people are from Peru apparently, so watch the timezones too lol). It's been 10 years; as you said, 10 more days is nothing.

Hopefully I can manage myself correctly (I tend to procastrinate more than I should, especially under huge final weeks), and create a good schedule where I can both study and play. Otherwise, you probably won't be seeing much of me until January or February. Oh, the suffering...:tonberry: