Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
10 hours in. Only just started chapter 3 and that's because I'm forcing myself to move on in order to not be overleveled and because I'm curious about the story.

Might be the most enjoyable gameplay experience I've had in the past few years. Can't say much about anything else so early in the game except that it's just a goddamned fun game. No matter how things will turn out to be, it'll at least be such an amazingly fun game.

Last edited:

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I wonder if Gavin will be there? Or its Japan only again?

@TwoDotsO
Thanks for the impressions, have you watched Kingsglaive? Its easy to follow if you havent? What do you think?
Think you'll be able to add things together without Kingsglaive, but I find that there's just too much there in both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood that adds to the feeling, lore and their bonds that it would be a shame if you went into XV without experiencing those two first.

I mean, there's little story so far but specifically because I already saw the movie and anime I'm already right there in the lore and universe rather than thinking it's an issue that there's "so little story so far".

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
10 hours in. Only just started chapter 3 and that's because I'm forcing myself to move on in order to not be overleveled and because I'm curious about the story.

Might be the most enjoyable gameplay experience I've had in the past few years. Can't say much about anything else so early in the game except that it's just a goddamned fun game. No matter how things will turn out to be, it'll at least be such an amazingly fun game.
Glad you're having a great time playing the game.

That's pretty much all I wanted for this game. Fun, and it seems like it's delivering ;)

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Reminder of what should have been.
As nice and memorable as that scene was, I don't think bringing that to this thread now is appropriate tbh.

You don't like the current story direction. We get it.

Just be happy that we're getting a game at all, because before Tabata stepped in, it was reported that the dev team was depressed and demotivated, zero progress was being made to the story, changes were being made constantly and the entire development process was a mess.

Think about that.

I feel you're glorifying "Nomura's vision" a bit too much. A cutscene and a few trailers are just that: a cutscene and a few trailers.

They don't tell us anything else.

So I kindly ask you to stop trying to dampen the mood, since this is literally the only place where people can discuss this game without trolls and extreme haters lurking here.

I'm saying this as someone who absolutely loved the old trailers, Stella, and the early concepts for this game before Tabata stepped in btw.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Random train thought but can someone confirm for me if this is true?

I haven't played the Witcher 3 yet, but I have heard that the devs patched in extra cutscenes and scenarios for the story some time after it was released so that it makes more sense.

Is this true?

It just occurred to me that since Tabata and team are always looking to improve the game, it could be possible for them to make more story and cutscene adjustments depending on what the reception for the game is like...

Huh. Sounds like a long shot (maybe?) but their tendency to listen to fan feedback and make adjustments has been sound thus far.

Honest thoughts on this?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Random train thought but can someone confirm for me if this is true?

I haven't played the Witcher 3 yet, but I have heard that the devs patched in extra cutscenes and scenarios for the story some time after it was released so that it makes more sense.

Is this true?

It just occurred to me that since Tabata and team are always looking to improve the game, it could be possible for them to make more story and cutscene adjustments depending on what the reception for the game is like...

Huh. Sounds like a long shot (maybe?) but their tendency to listen to fan feedback and make adjustments has been sound thus far.

Honest thoughts on this?
I think it could be possible. Perhaps adding in Omen and Kingsglaive scenes was done first simply because it was already done. I'd love to see them add cutscenes were it could count but who knows. Lets just play the game first and see what they are actually doing for DLC.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think it could be possible. Perhaps adding in Omen and Kingsglaive scenes was done first simply because it was already done. I'd love to see them add cutscenes were it could count but who knows. Lets just play the game first and see what they are actually doing for DLC.
The reason why I asked was because of this (zero spoilers of course just someone saying there is a story despite what people claim)

"I've play about 30 hours in so far and I have to say that there is in fact a story it's just told in such a weird way. The guys talk about a bunch of things that in previous FF games would have presented in a more cinematic form. I feel like they were trying to be like The Last of Us with the narrative but forgot that The Last of Us was a linear game."

Source: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225512093

"It takes a more dark souls soft hand towards the lore; you have to kind of search out the deeper aspects of the story intricacies and world lore. The game does have some faults. The first half is a little disjointed, the magic system is kind of eh. But the last half the of the game is absolutely fantastic. If you just accept it's an action rpg and not going to be like past final fantasies, you're going to have a good time."

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74629124

So after reading that it makes me more excited for the game tbh since I like that kinda narrative xD

Honestly I had never, ever heard of developers adding in cutscenes and story bits to improve a game after release. Was shocked I read that so just wanted to ask to make sure.

Btw anyone here receive any emails about their DLC stuff?

Last edited: