Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/final-fantasy-creator-sakaguchi-on-remakes-xv-and-square-w452889

"Glixel:
How did the outreach happen?

Sakaguchi:
I had dinner with Tabata-san three times or so. He wanted to do an interview like this one, to talk about the creation of Final Fantasy because he wasn't there at the beginning. So since he’s taken the Final Fantasy baton, he was wondering who would be best to talk to about the initial games and eventually came to me. We had dinner several times and through talking with him, I told him that I liked where his head was at. He was doing his best to make Final Fantasy XV something impactful. At the end of one of our meals, he asked me if I would go up on stage and tell people that his is a team that is up to the challenge. He thought that would really excite and unify his development team."

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Ah I suppose that is a valid reason...
Doesn't sound like valid reason to me. Especially when they showed that she actually have some sort of holy magic, also that magic shield from Omen trailer. There is alot that they can do. Really bothers me. Characters like Iris and Aranea got their time in the actual game, and yet still is their priority is made them playable over Luna in DLC's.
Maybe they want implement more Luna in the actual game, with actual episode about her and more cutscenes, but i don't know.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Doesn't sound like valid reason to me. Especially when they showed that she actually have some sort of holy magic, also that magic shield from Omen trailer. There is alot that they can do. Really bothers me. Characters like Iris and Aranea got their time in the actual game, and yet still is their priority is made them playable over Luna in DLC's.
Maybe they won't implement more Luna in the actual game, with actual episode about her and more cutscenes, but i don't know.
it's really baffling how even NPCs have more screen time than say Cor or Luna.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Maybe they want implement more Luna in the actual game, with actual episode about her and more cutscenes, but i don't know.
I'm not saying that there aren't obvious routes to take in designing a combat style for Luna.

What I'm saying is that some of the requirements for playability -- namely, combat animations -- have already been implemented for Iris and Aranea, whereas they don't exist for Luna. There's a good practical reason for going for the low-hanging fruit first.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
just noticed that one of the XV composers, Tetsuya Shibata (who made a few of my favorite tracks in the game), worked on Devil May Cry 3 OST, which i adore; nice surprise for me.
Soundtrack for Devil May Cry 3 was mad awesome.

Vergil's theme remains one of my fav video game music themes. Good stuff.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Disagree with some stuff mentioned (except the lestallum music, that was definitely meeehhh), but good for him i suppose.