Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
And here I thought they were gonna announce something Final Fantasy related.

Hopes dashed against the rocks and cast out into the wind.

Welp I guess I'll just have to wait until the anniversary event.
But Marvel and FF have no relation at all, like a cross over will not make any sense. I personally expected nothing from this.

This actually goes back to my prior point about ''over hyping'' leading to personal disappointment. Sometimes you gotta learn to control your expectations realistically.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Ugh... enough of this Versus XV crap. It ain't happening... let it go, let it goo~~:facepalm:
That honestly depends upon FFXV sales, and whether or not they want to milk more games out of it, hell I'd argue if they want to make a sequel to FFXV, they can just do some Type-Next level shit, and go alternate universe afterlife or something, and just capitalize on whatever Versus nostalgia they can.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
When XIII was released, did you think there would be a XII-2 or XIII-3 before versus was released?
What's that got to do with this? This isn't a FFXV sequel, you are talking about an entire remake of a bygone concept right after XV is released. Do you know how stupid that sounds? FFXV is incapable of having a sequel due to it's ending. Perhaps after a decade or two, they might consider something similar, but now, using the same characters, using the same settings, with a new story, with a new game, is basically like saying ''f.u'' to all the people who worked on XV and many to those who played it.
Even if a multi-part remake was to come, development ''always'' changes over time, so it will ''never'' be the Versus that was 5 years ago. You will only lead yourself to disappointment, because it will never, ever be what you desire.

Dreaming of something is one thing, but expectations have to be in check with reality from personal delusional fantasies.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
What's that got to do with this? This isn't a FFXV sequel, you are talking about an entire remake of a bygone concept right after XV is released. Do you know how stupid that sounds? FFXV is incapable of having a sequel due to it's ending. Perhaps after a decade or two, they might consider something similar, but now, using the same characters, using the same settings, with a new story, with a new game, is basically like saying ''f.u'' to all the people who worked on XV and many to those who played it.
Even if a multi-part remake was to come, development ''always'' changes over time, so it will ''never'' be the Versus that was 5 years ago. You will only lead yourself to disappointment, because it will never, ever be what you desire.

Dreaming of something is one thing, but expectations have to be in check with reality from personal delusional fantasies.
Dosent need to be the Versus that was 5 years ago, if its close to something like the old trailers id be happy. Heck I never knew what versus was like many years ago so I dont know what to expect, I just want something of the feel of the old trailers. Also they can make XV-2 or XV-3 and make the original XV a dream or alternative reality. At this point they have so much assets from the long decade of pre production and production that it would be a no brainer to use them again. Also XV sold well and people like Noctis and the gang, sequals will sell really well im sure. I mean who wouldve thought we would be getting a VII remake, alot of people were saying it was impossible if you asked them before e3 2015.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Dosent need to be the Versus that was 5 years ago, if its close to something like the old trailers id be happy. Heck I never knew what versus was like many years ago so I dont know what to expect, I just want something of the feel of the old trailers. Also they can make XV-2 or XV-3 and make the original XV a dream or alternative reality. At this point they have so much assets from the long decade of pre production and production that it would be a no brainer to use them again. Also XV sold well and people like Noctis and the gang, sequals will sell really well im sure. I mean who wouldve thought we would be getting a VII remake, alot of people were saying it was impossible if you asked them before e3 2015.
If they wanted to, they could have a sequel that takes place in between Noct killing Ardyn the in soul of the star, and him sitting on the throne with Luna, just have XV-2, or Versus XV take place in between that time frame.

Like After Noctis used his badass final attack on Ardyn(I loved it), he gets reincarnated into another universe, along with pretty much all the main cast because of a fal'Cie, god, or Etro, take your pick. Span this new world over a trilogy of games that capitalize on that Versus nostalgia ??? Profit.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
If they wanted to, they could have a sequel that takes place in between [spoilers], just have XV-2, or Versus XV take place in between that time frame.

Like After [spoilers] (I loved it), he gets reincarnated into another universe, along with pretty much all the main cast because of a fal'Cie, god, or Etro, take your pick. Span this new world over a trilogy of games that capitalize on that Versus nostalgia ??? Profit.
This sounds way too close to what they did with the XIII sequels, and I really disliked it there -- it's really disorienting and frustrating to have the setting up and reinvent itself for no good reason. =/

I'd love to see some of the concepts from Versus XIII used in a game, but a FFXV AU is just about the worst way to go about it. Let Nomura play out his world-ends-and-is-renewed scenario in Kingdom Hearts. Provide him the opportunity to do Shadow of the Colossus-style monster traversal and Uncharted-style environmental traversal setpieces (maybe in KH or FFVIIR). Give him a new IP where he can play with Yakuza royalty and death cults and a pair of equal male and female protagonists who are forced to fight because of their conflicting destinies... maybe even including an obvious Stella expy.

There's nothing to be gained by creating a game that will inevitably cause even greater tension between fans of the two different visions for FFXV, though. Squenix would be foolish to go that route.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Moreover, why would Square take the expensive route (XV reboot or similar shit, which is not guaranteed to be as succesful as the original release) instead of going the cheaper route (update the current XV and get profit from already stablished XV supporters)?

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Especially when demand for Versus XV is nowhere near as high as vocal groups want to believe (spare me of links to those shitty petitions with paltry numbers of sign-ins).

Square Enix have more than plenty of things to worry about, pandering to a certain unreasonable fandom isn't and shouldn't in their top priority. Versus XV will never, EVER happen. No amount of waiting for year 2099+, straw-grasping, and chanting for it will change that.

Look forward to DLCs, road map updates, and the inevitable FFXVI from this point onwards.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
But Marvel and FF have no relation at all, like a cross over will not make any sense. I personally expected nothing from this.

This actually goes back to my prior point about ''over hyping'' leading to personal disappointment. Sometimes you gotta learn to control your expectations realistically.
Lol ok I think you misunderstood me greatly here. Zero "over hyping" here at all.

I didn't know anything about the marvel thing or anything like that until after I came here to this thread and caught up on what was announced.

All I knew was Square was gonna make an announcement. That was it. Had no clue what it was about that's why I kinda thought it would be FF related since the anniversary was coming up *shrugs*

Just to be clear my comment was meant to be comical in nature, not a genuine complaint or anything remotely like that :)

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I found it very random the announcement was Marvel related. Unless it was hinted at a long time ago?

Never would have guessed it, like at all.

I thought it was gonna be either FF or KH related as Nova said.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Lol ok I think you misunderstood me greatly here. Zero "over hyping" here at all.

I didn't know anything about the marvel thing or anything like that until after I came here to this thread and caught up on what was announced.

All I knew was Square was gonna make an announcement. That was it. Had no clue what it was about that's why I kinda thought it would be FF related since the anniversary was coming up *shrugs*

Just to be clear my comment was meant to be comical in nature, not a genuine complaint or anything remotely like that :)
I didn't think of the comment as a complaint, but rather confused as to why you would be ''disappointed''. And it wasn't just directed at you, I was directing the comment to the community in general, I don't have to name specific users, but I'm sure you know who I am talking about.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
This sounds way too close to what they did with the XIII sequels, and I really disliked it there -- it's really disorienting and frustrating to have the setting up and reinvent itself for no good reason. =/

I'd love to see some of the concepts from Versus XIII used in a game, but a FFXV AU is just about the worst way to go about it. Let Nomura play out his world-ends-and-is-renewed scenario in Kingdom Hearts. Provide him the opportunity to do Shadow of the Colossus-style monster traversal and Uncharted-style environmental traversal setpieces (maybe in KH or FFVIIR). Give him a new IP where he can play with Yakuza royalty and death cults and a pair of equal male and female protagonists who are forced to fight because of their conflicting destinies... maybe even including an obvious Stella expy.

There's nothing to be gained by creating a game that will inevitably cause even greater tension between fans of the two different visions for FFXV, though. Squenix would be foolish to go that route.
Hey that's probably the best idea I can think off when it comes to doing a FFXV-2. Also about FFXIII, that was more to do with it's quality and shitty writing all around that's what happened. It would be good for FFXV to expand it's mythos, and quite frankly the average consumer wouldn't give a crap, as long as the games are great it wouldn't matter.

Also the tension between two different version of FFXV please those people are a small subset of the community, FFXV is selling incredibly well, the first thing on Square Enix's mind will be how can we make more of this with these popular characters, Versus afterlife AU just so happens to be one of the best routes to go if they want to make more of it, for the people who bought the first game. I'm thinking more from an average consumer perspective and Square perspective than a Versus fanboy perspective. I mean investors might go hog wild I mean games in Luminous Engine that are much less costly to create than a FFXVI, Proven popularity(the numbers), less time to make possibly 2 years a FFXVI would probably take 5, and can capitalize on the nostalgia with 3 games using the Chocobros that could potentially have higher quality than FFXV(No it's not because of Nomura it's more due to the fact that the assets are there, so they don't have to rush it like last time, and the universe has proven to sell.)

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Especially when demand for Versus XV is nowhere near as high as vocal groups want to believe (spare me of links to those shitty petitions with paltry numbers of sign-ins).

Square Enix have more than plenty of things to worry about, pandering to a certain unreasonable fandom isn't and shouldn't in their top priority. Versus XV will never, EVER happen. No amount of waiting for year 2099+, straw-grasping, and chanting for it will change that.

Look forward to DLCs, road map updates, and the inevitable FFXVI from this point onwards.
Oh this Versus XV thing, from what I've heard it's meant to be a "sequel" while at the same time being a remake, so pretty much

FFXV to Versus XV-1 to 3. Versus XV will practically be the Type Next sequel to FFXV if the rumors are to be believed(Going to be tied back to FFXV's ending, so the ending will still be canon, but I'm guessing it's going to deal with whatever happens in the afterlife like AU or something? I'm guessing that's the case then I'm going to assume after the 3 game of this supposed happening game, it will go right back to Noctis and Luna's wedding where the Chocobros show up at some point)
The demand is mainly from XV being popular and the fastest selling FF game in history, the Versus XIII fanboys would practically have nothing to do with it being made, it would simply be due to them capitalizing on what made FFXV popular(the Chocobros, Noctis Warp Striking it's action combat(granted if Nomura is directing then expect it to be KH for grown ups), and making 3 games out of it(If this rumor is to be believed Nomura's original trilogy story) and adding Versus nostalgia to it simply because they need to differentiate it from FFXV. FFXIII's sequel problems were more to them being shit than them simply being sequels(They weren't received as well). They also won't have to create assets from the ground up which they will hopefully do for FFXVI, don't want Noct's powers used for every protagonist. So they can practically squeeze whatever they can out of FFXV by doing this.

Average consumers will be none the wiser, they will probably buy it if it's good, if not better than FFXV, I mean I hope a Versus XV is better than FFXV or else damn that would be terrible(No this has nothing to do with Nomura possibly being the director of this possibly happening game, it's more to do with learning from FFXV's faults and not repeating them, Tabata can do the same thing)

This Versus XV is practically FFXV-2 which instead of resulting in a FFXV-3, it will end in a FFXV-4 taking place between Noctis killing Ardyn to his afterlife wedding(Which takes place in an unknown timeframe).

Think of Versus XV as how do we get Final Fantasy XV-2 to sell well.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Hell I would argue you would have more people willing to move on from this Versus phantom, while creating sequels that will actually sell, hell you could probably do that and a FFXVI like Part 3 of this Versus XV they announce FFXVI Action RPG, new character, new setting, then we can all move on. No more Stellla vs Luna, no more Tabata vs Nomura.

But seriously though let's get that Type-Next that trailer was freakin hype.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Final Fantasy Type-Next E3 2017 coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Steam
December 2017-2018 They announce Final Fantasy XV-2/ Versus XV(the start of a trilogy) directed by Nomura(I want Tabata on that Type-Next)
E3 2019: Action RPG Final Fantasy XVI is announced, FFVII Remake Part 2 gets a release date.

Seriously though if they do this Versus XV trilogy thing Garland Chaos Garland has to be the final boss fal'Cie Chaos Garland or something.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Hey that's probably the best idea I can think off when it comes to doing a FFXV-2. Also about FFXIII, that was more to do with it's quality and shitty writing all around that's what happened. It would be good for FFXV to expand it's mythos, and quite frankly the average consumer wouldn't give a crap, as long as the games are great it wouldn't matter.
Nah, my aggravation with what FFXIII had far less to do with the writing than it did with randomly pulling time travel and 500 year time skips out of its figurative butt.

Expansions to a game's mythos need to respect the nature of that mythos and build on it instead of ignoring it and starting to build a mile away and making only tenuous connections to justify it. Prequel game where you play as Ardyn that shows you how he became what he became? Sure! Interquel during the ten year timeskip where you get to see what everyone was doing? Fantastic! Ideas like that allow for expansion without messing with the way the mythos works. Making an AU doesn't do that.

Also the tension between two different version of FFXV please those people are a small subset of the community, FFXV is selling incredibly well, the first thing on Square Enix's mind will be how can we make more of this with these popular characters, Versus afterlife AU just so happens to be one of the best routes to go if they want to make more of it, for the people who bought the first game. I'm thinking more from an average consumer perspective and Square perspective than a Versus fanboy perspective. I mean investors might go hog wild I mean games in Luminous Engine that are much less costly to create than a FFXVI, Proven popularity(the numbers), less time to make possibly 2 years a FFXVI would probably take 5, and can capitalize on the nostalgia with 3 games using the Chocobros that could potentially have higher quality than FFXV(No it's not because of Nomura it's more due to the fact that the assets are there, so they don't have to rush it like last time, and the universe has proven to sell.)
Well, if there's one thing Squenix ought to have learned from the XIII trilogy, it's that direct sequels sell to a subset (half, maybe) of the original game's buyers, so there's no real benefit to making a completely new game over making DLC for the one people already have. They're never going to be able to sell more copies of "Versus XV" than they did of the initial XV regardless of whether it's "better."