Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Nomura: I'm happy to announce that outfits based on the initial designs of the party's costumes in Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be available as DLC in FFXV. Please be excited.

*trollface*

Or how about...

Nomura: I'm happy to announce that Noctis will appear in Kingdom Hearts III. Unfortunately, I cannot announce any further details at this time. Please be excited.
Plot Twist Noctis is the Master of Masters, and he's the final boss of KH3

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Clearly Nomura will appear and denounce Tabata live. He'll then announce he's re-gained control of XV and that Versus XV will be hitting shelves in 2050. Tabata will then proceed to accept his shame and commit seppuku on the spot for giving the fanbase an unfinished game unlike he promised since he's the liar of liars. All will be right in the world with Nomura now spearheading all future Square projects. *heavily rolls eyes*
Nomura is the chosen of the Stone who will vanquish Tabata the Usurper, and bring back the light. It all makes sense now.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Clearly Nomura will appear and denounce Tabata live. He'll then announce he's re-gained control of XV and that Versus XV will be hitting shelves in 2050. Tabata will then proceed to accept his shame and commit seppuku on the spot for giving the fanbase an unfinished game unlike he promised since he's the liar of liars. All will be right in the world with Nomura now spearheading all future Square projects. *heavily rolls eyes*
You know what that is probably what a lot of the Nomura fanboys want, but cut some of those years cut it down to 2019, 2050 is way too long.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Nomura: I am happy to announce the heavily demanded Fantasy Versus XV project, an expansion of sorts that has been in development for quite some time.

Fandom:

Nomura: As a pre-order exclusive bonus on the Nintendo Switch version of Final Fantasy XV, directed by Motomu Toriyama. Which will not only require a complete copy of the Switch port of course, but as well as a cleared save file after beating the game once. Release date for Episode 1 is TBD. Please be excited.

Lightning confirmed to replace Stella in the world of a Versus Epic. The queen must never be forgotten.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Nomura: I am happy to announce the heavily demanded Fantasy Versus XV project, an expansion of sorts that has been in development for quite some time.

Fandom:

Nomura: As a pre-order exclusive on the Nintendo Switch version of Final Fantasy XV, directed by Motomu Toriyama. Which will not only require a complete copy of the Switch port of course, but as well as a cleared save file after beating the game once. Release date for Episode 1 is TBD. Please be excited.

Lightning confirmed to replace Stella in the apocolypse of a Versus Epic.

Do you want Square's stock to drop so fast, this move would insta-kill Square Enix as a company. Granted it would be funny to watch though.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Guys this stopped being fun pages ago. Please don't fuel the topic further even if it's to make fun of it.
Don't worry when Nomura claims his throne he will banish the Usurper and restore the light to our hearts.

Tellus dormit
et liberi in diem faciunt
numquam extinguunt
ne expergisci possint

Omnia dividit
tragoedia coram
amandum quae

Et nocte perpetua
ehem vel vera visione
par oram videbo te
mane tempus expergiscendi

The words of the divine Etro shall pulsate through our hearts, when the king of kings our king Nomura messenger of the goddess Etro, shall show us his true vision in FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XV. THE FIGURE THAT STILL LIES ASLEEP IN THE FANTASY. To us Etro's children.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
If Nomuras segment lets me down il probably lose alot of faith in square enix. Heck even FF7 R dosent have a release date, even thought they split it into parts to come out faster. Nither KH3 has a release date even though it was annouced ages ago, and we know what happens with games with long dev times. FFXVI is an unknown entity. I just dont know why should I have faith in a company that has burned me too many times to count.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
If Nomuras segment lets me down il probably lose alot of faith in square enix. Heck even FF7 R dosent have a release date, even thought they split it into parts to come out faster. Nither KH3 has a release date even though it was annouced ages ago, and we know what happens with games with long dev times. FFXVI is an unknown entity. I just dont know why should I have faith in a company that has burned me too many times to count.
TBH I feel you man, they announced Versus XIII way too early, and they had some cool amazing stuff in the trailers that aren't in the final game, I would kinda like it if we got that trilogy of Versus XIII/XV 2013 to flesh out those characters in games, and stick around the Chocobros for a while, instead of one game that seems to spread itself too thin..

My ideal situation right now would be
Nomura announces Versus XIII costumes, as well as a story expansion that bridges FFXV to the Final Fantasy Versus XV Trilogy(under Nomura or Tabata, I'd think Nomura would work on it, and Tabata will work on Type-Next which if both happen they better come out on Steam dammit by Gaben chest hair make it so.

The story expansion will take place 60 years after Noctis uses Knight of the Round on Ardyn, will feature a fal'Cie that at the start of the expansion rebirths Noctis and his friends along with the rest of the main cast in a new world(Eos with Fabula Nova Crystalis in it), so that it and it's fellow fal'Cie can find Etro's gate, after the Type-0 pocket dimension failed. Noct and his friends have no memory of their past lives, but their personalities are the same, as well as their relationships.
Gameplay: Versus XIII 2011 mixed with current Final Fantasy XV
I have no idea how well this will control.
The expansion will be similar to Episode Duscae simply a test demo for Versus XV

On a side note: I would be pretty cool if Type-Next, Final Fantasy Versus XV, and maybe a Final Fantasy XIII-4(The dredd oh god) or a Lightning Returns prequel that took place in between FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns.
So that we can get this

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Here's a close look at the character models for Aranea and Cidney.

Gotta say I really do like Aranea's design. Say what you will about Cidney but I personally never had a problem with her. She's got spunk so that makes her likeable in my books.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/special/fankit/reference/aranea.html

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/special/fankit/reference/cidney.html
The way they reworked Aranea's design is such a massive improvement, especially when you're able to see what it looks like without the flaps. xD. It looks like she's wearing leg armor that straps on in the back over full leather pants, which seems like a plausible way to do light armor -- way better than the random bikini she had in her first appearance.

(I wonder if the leg armor still strapped on back then, flashing even more skin when the flaps flapped around. >_>; )

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The way they reworked Aranea's design is such a massive improvement, especially when you're able to see what it looks like without the flaps. xD. It looks like she's wearing leg armor that straps on in the back over full leather pants, which seems like a plausible way to do light armor -- way better than the random bikini she had in her first appearance.

(I wonder if the leg armor still strapped on back then, flashing even more skin when the flaps flapped around. >_>; )
Yeah it's a major improvement over the crotch window she used to have xD

Aranea is just badass and sexy with spunk all rolled into one. Definitely one of the good designs in FFXV imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fa...s-vr-content-potential-pc-port-weekly-famitsu

What’s the ratio between Final Fantasy XV‘s physical and digital sales?

Tabata: “Based on the company’s average, there has been a whole lot of sales of the digital version. We’ve seen good numbers not only in Japan, but also in North America and Europe, so we’re happy about it.”

What kind of feedback have you received from players overseas, given that they’re so accustomed to open worlds?

Tabata: “As a current generation game, there has been a lot of satisfied feedback. We’ve seen an impressive amount of feedback such as, ‘it’s a very important title as it’s a major step in Final Fantasy moving forward to the next stage.’ However, players that put maximum priority on story have the same opinion as those in Japan (their level of satisfaction is low).”

Were there any parts of the story that were cut out of necessity?

Tabata: “Not particularly.”

When you update Chapter 13, will there be a mechanism for players who have cleared it to be able to play it again?

Tabata: “I’m thinking about those things together.”

What’s going on with Final Fantasy XV‘s virtual reality content?

Tabata: “Development is progressing, but we haven’t progressed to the point where we can say specifically when it will be released.”

Fast-travel loading is long…

Tabata: “It’s honestly difficult because there is a lot of information to load. We’re thinking about various ideas though.”

Any update and downloadable content news outside of what was announced?

Tabata: “Although there are no plans, I do have one ambition. And that’s to freely travel that world by car. However, since realizing this in its existing state means overcoming some very high hurdles and tremendous debugging, the prospect of implementing it is impractical.”

In the movie there were areas that you couldn’t go to in the game. Will the amount of areas increase?

Tabata: “Those videos made use of glitches. There is a large map being used on the train route in the second half of the game. Since that area isn’t completely made, opening it up as an area you can freely traverse is difficult as is.

“We might remake playable areas in future expansions, but since that would take a year, it is not currently in our plans. For argument’s sake, if we were to prepare new fields, Insomnia would also be a candidate, but that also would take a year’s worth of work.”

Regarding a release on other platforms…

Tabata: “I’d like to release the game on PC as a technical attempt. I want to show PC users Final Fantasy XV running on high-end machines, and we personally would like to see it, too. Also, I would like to try developing on PC to pursue a unique way of playing with PC-exclusive features like making your own quests and enjoying the world using things like mods.”

damn

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
"However, players that put maximum priority on story have the same opinion as those in Japan (their level of satisfaction is low)."

I'm happy that they're conscious about this. Even if you didn't care about Versus that much, it's obvious that, while the basis was good enough, the story was highly dissapointing (very, very few important events, lack of a grandiouse feeling, very bad storytelling...). Great ending, though.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
So basically they not even planned on meaningful story DLC's outside of season pass or i did read it wrong? And its coming after sentence where Tabata acknowledged that story-wise level of satisfaction is low?
What about new cutscenes? Seems like it will die together with Pro patch in december. We probably will not gonna get anything meaningful at tomorrow ATR. Just another talk about Chocobo festival, worldwide sales and Power Rangers outfits. Yeah, better to not be overhyped for ATR.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
So basically they not even planned on meaningful story DLC's outside of season pass or i did read it wrong? And its coming after sentence where Tabata acknowledged that story-wise level of satisfaction is low?
What about new cutscenes? Seems like it will die together with Pro patch in december. We probably will not gonna get anything meaningful at tomorrow ATR. Just another talk about Chocobo festival, worldwide sales and Power Rangers outfits. Yeah, better to not be overhyped for ATR.
He might be not disclosing it this soon, but I feel that they don't have anything more than that planned, for the moment (so, the 3 bros' DLCs, the online DLC and whatever little thing -like the Carnival- they can add).

Considering I expect Ignis' for early 2018 and the online one for around mid 2018, I don't think we'll get another big DLC. Or maybe, I don't know.