Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yesterdays' PS4 update allowed that, your screenshots can be background now!
Finally! Got some killer photos I wanted to have as my background. Finally it's possible!

About bloody time PS lol

That looks fucking great, even better than the bearded one (as it's too patchy, I think). And, again, he really looks like an older Noctis, so no whitewashing or anything like that like it could be believed looking at the CG render.

What a shame that we had to stick to that fucking hair during most of the game. You didn't even need to change the character that much to make him look good, Nomura!

I still don't get why they don't make these models available for the rest of the game tbh.
I hope they add in those designs for him later on too.

They're too good to pass up for regular use. Making them available to players who unlocked New Game+ would be a great reward and incentive for replaying the game.

Last edited:

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
It seens that Kingsglaive: FFXV will get release in China. It´s predicted to gross around $10 millons.
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/839952117481766920

I guess with that SQEX will have the movie budget covered (if they haven´t already) and make some profit.
I think some have overestimated what this movie -- really a glorified trailer -- actually cost to produce. It was written and directed by in-house staff who also worked on the game. I can't imagine the top-of-the-marquee talent spent more than a handful of weeks in recording sessions, and they had to make a couple of promotional appearances. If SE makes any kind of money off of the movie, it's just gravy.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I think some have overestimated what this movie -- really a glorified trailer -- actually cost to produce. It was written and directed by in-house staff who also worked on the game. I can't imagine the top-of-the-marquee talent spent more than a handful of weeks in recording sessions, and they had to make a couple of promotional appearances. If SE makes any kind of money off of the movie, it's just gravy.
Moreover, the North America distribution of the movie was done by Stage 6 Films, a subsidiary made to distribute/produce "low budget" movies ($1m-$10m).

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
2-3 hours for the story mode? I'm ok with that.

Dark Souls inspired eh? This is a great thing indeed.

Overall, it sounds pretty fun. Can't wait to try it, especially the new gameplay elements.

In response to the writers closing sentence, I would be quite happy to be given the opportunity to play as Ardyn sometime in the future, even if it's in the form of a short DLC explaining his story.

They already have his animation done so that should be a load off.

That just means Ignis' Episode will just be even more Sagefire!
Indeed.

Ignis's DLC is the one I'm anticipating the most. Best bro after all.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
"I took down two bosses in the DLC, and I have to say, it really felt like there was a little bit of Dark Souls inspiration behind some of the enemies and bosses, which I loved. Because you need to play Gladiolus with a completely different playstyle than Noctis, with different tools at your disposal, each fight was quite refreshing.

In true Gladiolus flavor, there's also a segment where you can actually rip pillars right out of the ground and crush your enemies with them. This segment really in-sync with the style and flavor of all that is Gladiolus, and was my favorite part of the demo.

While I can't spoil the story, I can say that I found the tale from Gladiolus' past to fit the character well, and while almost hilariously cliché, fairly effective and compelling."

and 2 to 3 hours is a quite decent time; i'm hooked.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'm greatly anticipating the music for this DLC... I wonder if there will be new tracks from Shimomura san?

A most welcome addition I'd say.

I wonder if there will be additional side quests or something tied to the release of this DLC? Aside from the chapter 13 update I mean.

It reads like something Ardyn would write lol.
It truly does. However only Ardyn could make the act of hating Noctis so charming. Man's got style and swag which I find funny.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina