Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

cindy's model for New Empire
game redeemed.

edit:

https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/847992699101650944

he'll totally be in the multiplayer mode right?
Lol, they put more effort into Cindy's model than the actual main characters.

I kind of wish that the MachineZone spinoff was focused around the time-skip (and it's not like they couldn't have used the same gameplay for it if they had), but this makes it easier to ignore, so, eh.

On the other hand, Kenny Crow as a lethal joke character would be fantastic, so I'd totally be down for that. XD;

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/04...urvey-reveals-favorite-characters-play-times/

nice to see most players spent a big chunk of time in the game.

prompto is the second fav character after noctis (pretty much what i imagined, taking photos/selfies is a popular thing)
Glad to see that the majority invested over 100 hours into the game. If it captured players interest for that long, and people continued playing even after they finished the game, then that's very good news.

And, yes to Ignis being second best boy!! I'm surprised he is more popular than Prompto, but not by too much. Can't say I'm too surprised about Gladio's position though.

I think SE will be taking a close look at these numbers and will be using them as a reference point to improve the game even further.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
if gladiolus hobby was more used in the game like cooking and photography he wouldn't be so low; also nothing major happened to him during the story like with prompto or ignis.

he really was the most underpresented member of the group i feel.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
maybe making him like the only one that can reach certain places to get treasure?

also i didn't feel like he was the "shield" of the king as much as the game wanted, maybe emphasizing this would help.

i like that he was the only one to demand more from noctis tho.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/04...urvey-reveals-favorite-characters-play-times/

nice to see most players spent a big chunk of time in the game.

prompto is the second fav character after noctis (pretty much what i imagined, taking photos/selfies is a popular thing)
Considering what the game had to go through, which was nothing short of development hell, getting a 73.9 from the Japanese gaming community is pretty impressive. I wonder what BD2 will take away from this survey. Seems like a good number of people found the game somewhat easy and didn't like using guns and machinery. The mobile games also seem to be a massive bust. It will be interesting to witness how Square-Enix responds to this data.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Glad to see that the majority invested over 100 hours into the game. If it captured players interest for that long, and people continued playing even after they finished the game, then that's very good news.

And, yes to Ignis being second best boy!! I'm surprised he is more popular than Prompto, but not by too much. Can't say I'm too surprised about Gladio's position though.

I think SE will be taking a close look at these numbers and will be using them as a reference point to improve the game even further.
I'm not surprised at all that Ignis is more popular. He's been meme'd more than any of the other characters after all lol.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So does anybody want to explain how in the world Iris got more votes than Gladio lmao o_O?
The male players like cute, young girls.

That's all there is to it really.

She's 15 btw.

The only time I'll feel even an ounce of attachment towards her is when they show her when she's over 20 and her arc in the world of ruin is explained further.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
The male players like cute, young girls.

That's all there is to it really.

She's 15 btw.

The only time I'll feel even an ounce of attachment towards her is when they show her when she's over 20 and her arc in the world of ruin is explained further.
I feel you, it's just odd to me. I mean I'd get it if for what time she was around she was bossing it up, but that wasn't even the case.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Speaking of that, looking back at the Brotherhood episodes, the diffence is view numbers are interesting (pre-game release):
Well Gladio's episode is so dull, whereas Prompto's is full of heart. Ignis' episode is a little uncomfortable just because of what Noctis goes through.
So does anybody want to explain how in the world Iris got more votes than Gladio lmao o_O?
Because she's a girl who isn't confined to an impractical white dress and given a mystical weapon she isn't allowed to use. I'd say that's reason enough. Plus, she's feisty. Lots of people love feisty girls, not ones utterly subsumed to their role.

Oh, and she has more worthwhile screentime than most of the other equivalent females, and made a good impression in GLadio's ONA episode.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Well Gladio's episode is so dull, whereas Prompto's is full of heart. Ignis' episode is a little uncomfortable just because of what Noctis goes through.

Because she's a girl who isn't confined to an impractical white dress and given a mystical weapon she isn't allowed to use. I'd say that's reason enough. Plus, she's feisty. Lots of people love feisty girls, not ones utterly subsumed to their role.

Oh, and she has more worthwhile screentime than most of the other equivalent females, and made a good impression in GLadio's ONA episode.
I don't think people like Iris more because of Luna's faults. Personally I don't see how Luna has got anything to do with it.

I don't care about Luna one way or the other, but there's nothing wrong with being subsumed to what one has dedicated their life to by choice.

Not everyone can, or should be, rebels just for the sake of it.

I'd say Iris acts like a typical teen. Chirpy, playful, likes to tease her brother and flirt with Noctis etc etc.

Feisty wouldn't be the word I would use to describe her (that'd be Aranea). She hasn't exactly shown us what she's made of tbh.

If they show us Daemon slayer Iris, or her training with Cor and being badass during the 10 year time skip, then, and only then, will we see what she's truly capable of.

As of right now, she doesn't stand out in any way aside from just being cute and pretty.

Not dissing. I don't mind her and enjoyed my time with her in the game, but I don't get the fascination.