Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

zaza50

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 11, 2018
So it was more like

The founders weapon was his before it was another King's?

Ex: The katakana was owned by 2 kings if this is true?
The Kanjis meaning "Most Ancient" have been used only to describe The Warrior (owner of the Katana)
The Kanjis meaning "First/Founder" have been used only to describe
Gilgamesh (The Shield of the First/Founder King)

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I feel we've gotten plenty of information about the Royal Pack DLC thanks to the data-mine, I feel what we've now got is enough, for now, let us wait for March 6th to truly see it in action, and if the OG leaker doesn't want to spoil anything and.or ruin anything for us, and the stuff we got through the data-mine was a ton of info. We probably should end it here, in my opinion. We'll see how big the Royal Pack DLC will be with all of this, but best keep your expectations low at all times, even at your greatest excitement, as we are still in the dark about the Chapter 14 story content, and I'd prefer to keep it in mystery, even though I wouldn't mind, but I don't think many of us want to be spoiled, but this is all just my opinion.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
since the major points about the royal pack are already covered i asked if he found any unused content in the data (too much is never enough):
- mentioned supposedly two dungeons called The Cradle and Aeretylian Furnace (i think its uncertain if this is unused or simply alternative titles to existing dungeons, i for one never heard of those names).
- once again, theres "pocket edition lines all over the data".
- few collabs like the one about Kings Knight (currently ongoing), there will be one with Terra Battle 2 and FFXIV (already known)
- said theres jap data about a quest to find memories about luna / regis (no confirmation if this an unused event or a future quest).

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
since the major points about the royal pack are already covered i asked if he found any unused content in the data (too much is never enough):

i don't think theres anything else to share at this point, he will be picking up the pc edition and will datamine it as well when it comes out; march 6th lookin really promising ;)
Those ones are things he couldn't find anywhere else, save for one particular spot, I believe. He did, at least say it wasn't Pitioss before that theory pops up again.

Either way, seems that we're all in the one boat waiting for March!

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, it seems like those could go in any way, either being unused, for the Royal edition/March update, or a future update, especially if that is how the collabs were labeled as well, and we know 2 of them exist.

Edit: And those seem like very "specific" names to be placeholder names for other dungeons. Off the top of my head they don't seem to relate to anything we see in other dungeons

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Yeah, it seems like those could go in any way, either being unused, for the Royal edition/March update, or a future update, especially if that is how the collabs were labeled as well, and we know 2 of them exist.

Edit: And those seem like very "specific" names to be placeholder names for other dungeons. Off the top of my head they don't seem to relate to anything we see in other dungeons
Very much so. OG said he found Keycatrich, Fociaugh, Balouve, Daurell, Greyshire, Crestholm, Costlemark, and Pitioss in the same list along with some generic cave references. A couple of particular ones were apparently listed slightly differently, which were the Myrlwood and so-on.

I didn't recognize them either, so it was rather odd to me. It's a mystery for now.

Feb 19, 2018
Hey everyone, I'm new to this place but have been following along on this thread (some really cool stuff) but I was curious about something I read regarding Glauca's name appearing in the files a few pages back. I just wanted to know if that was just old unused stuff or if it was pertaining to the new content. I'm one of those people that still really wants to fight Glauca so I just wanted that part cleared up before I got my hopes up especially considering I've seen the Kingsglaive HQ brought up numerous times in this discussion and Glauca's own history with the Glaives is pretty big.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Hey everyone, I'm new to this place but have been following along on this thread (some really cool stuff) but I was curious about something I read regarding Glauca's name appearing in the files a few pages back. I just wanted to know if that was just old unused stuff or if it was pertaining to the new content. I'm one of those people that still really wants to fight Glauca so I just wanted that part cleared up before I got my hopes up especially considering I've seen the Kingsglaive HQ brought up numerous times in this discussion and Glauca's own history with the Glaives is pretty big.
I know what you mean lol. First time I played the game, I was so disappointed that there was no daemonified Glauca waiting in Insomnia

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

Technically, it is unknown at the moment, but I searched for Glauca almost immediately when i was able to get into the bestiary files. Aside from the new bosses already shown in the Royal Edition trailer, Ahriman is the only new enemy/monster as of now, so no Glauca.

That being said, hearing that the original leaker found some Glauca stuff (even if it unused, we don't know yet), especially when Kingsglaive was released months before the game itself was released and was in development for a while, makes me hopeful for an eventual fight with him in some update, Canon or not.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I know what you mean lol. First time I played the game, I was so disappointed that there was no daemonified Glauca waiting in Insomnia

Technically, one of the daemons in the current insomnia (the one that drops the Ulric Daggers) hints at that being Glauca after he was beaten by Nyx. It sucks I know, but maybe another update puts the villain into some part of the game (Regis prologue please?) for a proper fight.

Feb 19, 2018
Lol for sure, he's probably the villain with the most on screen history in FFXV's universe as he's interacted with Regis, Nyx, Luna, Gladio's dad, and Noctis to a degree (he was there when his dad first fought him at Tennebrae and he seemed quite familiar with his Drautos persona too) and had the most hype to him as a villain before we learned about Ardyn. So it's kinda weird that such a big figure within this world didn't get to crossover into the game especially since he's personally responsible for a lot of Noct's misery. Feels like you never get truly vindicated on that end of the story, aka finishing off your father's killer.