1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

[Kickstarter] Zaharia, an isometric cRPG set in a Middle Eastern inspired fantasy world

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Dave Devetter, Feb 21, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Dave Devetter

Dave Devetter Stiltzkin's Apprentice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Kickstarter campaign launched for Zaharia recently. They have a pre-alpha demo / prototype that you can DL. I think this game looks really promising and I'm always looking for cRPGs that are not in the standard generic Tolkien style fantasy setting. And it has turn-based tactical battles, which is my favorite.

Some of the proposed features:
    • Real time stealth system, similar to the one of Commandos series.
    • Nonlinearity in the narrative and interpretative aspects, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to start from, without urgent obligations, but also to make a lot of choices and then solve a problem in more than one way;
    • A Fallout-like open world;
    • Lots of choices and consequences that dynamically influence the context of the game;
    • A huge variety of abilities and statistics to manage, in order to craft and personalize one’s own alter-ego in every possible aspect;
    • An original setting created from scratch, completely different from the usual fantasy worlds and inspired to the late Medieval Persia and Arabia
    • Living NPCs, provided with an IA that allows them to react dynamically to the player’s actions and to create really deep interpersonal relationships
    • No fillers, like useless fights, made to extend the game’s longevity in artificial ways;
    • Presence of mature themes like slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics, and so on;
    • Five main factions to choose, each one deeply characterized and different from the others;
    • Innovative magic system that turns mages into something different from just portable siege machines;
    • Fights are not mandatory in most cases, and it won’t be necessary to use a character who excels at combat to end the game;
    • Tons of multiple choice dialogues, in order to grant the player a large range of interpretations;
    • No moral dualism.

I'm pretty excited about this game, but I fear they won't reach their funding goal. I'm getting a little bit tired of the standard Tolkien style fantasy setting. I'll always like visiting that world but I think the genre could use more variety.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!