New Tabata interview on FFXV, Type 0.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Still quality over quantity
Yeah, and we'll likely see how average quality both are when the game releases. Tabata has track record of his battle systems having poor controls. Also, there's no way the car controls and customisation will be as good as the leading racing games on the market. Don't expect something on par with Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, meaning don't expect anything groundbreaking or noteworthy. I honestly expect the car controls and customisation to be garbage, as Square Enix have no experience making a good 3D driving game. Tabata was even telling his staff to play Need for Speed to get some experience. LOL!

On another matter, I provided sources for you in my other thread about the Business Divisions. I hope you have or will read my post because if you're not going to, please don't waste my time with such a request in future.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Yeah, and we'll likely see how average quality both are when the game releases. Tabata has track record of his battle systems having poor controls. Also, there's no way the car controls and customisation will be as good as the leading racing games on the market. Don't expect something on par with Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, meaning don't expect anything groundbreaking or noteworthy. I honestly expect the car controls to shitty, as SQEX have no experience making a good 3D driving game. Tabata was even telling his staff to play Need for Speed to get some experience. LOL!
The combat may be more refined than Crisis Core or Type 0 since this is a console title. Also the car isnt the only form of transportation you can also use Chocobos to travel I dont think all the the game will be entirely focused on traveling with a car. Traveling may be focused on the car but I dont think youll be traveling the whole game. Youll most likley spend a majority of the game on dungeons and fighting monsters. So how the car handles is is pretty uninportant.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Yeah, and we'll likely see how average quality both are when the game releases. Tabata has track record of his battle systems having poor controls. Also, there's no way the car controls and customisation will be as good as the leading racing games on the market. Don't expect something on par with Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, meaning don't expect anything groundbreaking or noteworthy. I honestly expect the car controls and customisation to be garbage, as Square Enix have no experience making a good 3D driving game. Tabata was even telling his staff to play Need for Speed to get some experience. LOL!

On another matter, I provided sources for you in my other thread about the Business Divisions. I hope you have or will read my post because if you're not going to, please don't waste my time with such a request in future.
Ok dont get mad i read them

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
The combat may be more refined than Crisis Core or Type 0 since this is a console title. Also the car isnt the only form of transportation you can also use Chocobos to travel I dont think all the the game will be entirely focused on traveling with a car. Traveling may be focused on the car but I dont think youll be traveling the whole game. Youll most likley spend a majority of the game on dungeons and fighting monsters. So how the car handles is is pretty uninportant.
Tabata has zero experience directing RPGs for consoles and all his battle system for RPGs on handhelds had poor controls. I'm not hopeful that FFXV will be an improvement going off his track record.

The car is the main form of transportation and is even been said by Tabata to be equal to the 5th party member. Therefore, how the car handles is pretty important, Matter of fact, bad car controls could break the game for some people, as many people will not want drive a car that feels sloppy or unnatural. Worse still, Tabata has even said you can let the car drive itself, meaning the game will go on auto-pilot just like the sailing in Zelda: The Wind Waker. That has player boredom written all over it. There's a reason people didn't like the hands-off sailing in Zelda: The Wind Waker. I have no idea why he would approve such a decision. Oh, wait! I do know. It's because Square Enix have no experience making 3D driving games, so they think auto-pilot driving is a good idea. LOL!

Also, you will be traveling the whole game. The game is road movie. Tabata has even recently confirmed that the car will be important from the beginning all the way until the ending. The content outside of the car needs to be really special and plentiful, but I just can't see Tabata pulling it off. Even if he does, by the time FFXV releases in 2016/2017, WRPGs will have been announced that raise the bar above and beyond what FFXV is offering. That's what happens when you take an 8 year old PS3 game and give a new coat of paint, but do nothing to the fundamental game design.

Last edited:

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I really doubt that they cancelled Cor as a team member and I also believe that we'll see a sixth member coming to the group later in the game. Last year Nomura mentioned that there'll be more party members than the confirmed ones (5) but he also said that there won't be that many in the end.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Key words being: Last year, and Nomura.
yeah but I don't think they changed the overall story that much so that they had to cross out several (key) characters. I also can't imagine that Stella won't be in the game and that she got replaced by Luna.

Well let's just wait and see. Sooner or later we'll get to know all of these things. ^^ Hopefully jump festa brings some clarity

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
yeah but I don't think they changed the overall story that much so that they had to cross out several (key) characters. I also can't imagine that Stella won't be in the game and that she got replaced by Luna.

Well let's just wait and see. Sooner or later we'll get to know all of these things. ^^ Hopefully jump festa brings some clarity
You can be sure the story and events have been changed. Tabata has already changed the name of Stella to Luna and changed her hair style. He's also removed all the "fal'Cie" mentions from the script. Basically, Tabata has morphed FFXV into a different story than what Nomura wanted to tell.

Also, all the event scenes from when the game was VersusXIII have been scrapped. That means that Tabata's team are redoing all of them in Luminous Studio. You can be certain this means that all the event scenes will look different from what Nomura planned when the game was VersusXIII. I'm sure the CGI will stay intact, but the event scenes have all been thrown out and are being redone in Luminous Studio.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
You can be sure the story and events have been changed. Tabata has already changed the name of Stella to Luna and changed her hair style. He's also removed all the "fal'Cie" mentions from the script. Basically, Tabata has morphed FFXV into a different story than what Nomura wanted to tell.

Also, all the event scenes from when the game was VersusXIII have been scrapped. That means that Tabata's team are redoing all of them in Luminous Studio. You can be certain this means that all the event scenes will look different from what Nomura planned when the game was VersusXIII. I'm sure the CGI will stay intact, but the event scenes have all been thrown out and are being redone in Luminous Studio.
Gameplay has changed but speaking about plot, Where do you get that he change Stella into Luna ? Because there is not a single interview in where he stated that. And how can you assure that Tabata changed the plot and events of the game and not Nomura or even if they change it at all in the first place? Taking into account that Tabata became the main director just 3 months ago, and i dont think that in that time he could and would change 2/8 years (depending on your perseption) of development.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany

yeah and that is totally nonsense and based on nothing.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
huh corr was never a supporting character. he just doesnt come until the invasion because hes taking care of other things

I vaguely remember Nomura saying Cor was one of the cast, but that was also when the others was playable. I guess we can only take what Tabata is saying now, and everything Nomura mention should be skeptical on as it might have been cut or changed.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Gameplay has changed but speaking about plot, Where do you get that he change Stella into Luna ? Because there is not a single interview in where he stated that. And how can you assure that Tabata changed the plot and events of the game and not Nomura or even if they change it at all in the first place? Taking into account that Tabata became the main director just 3 months ago, and i dont think that in that time he could and would change 2/8 years (depending on your perseption) of development.
People still believe that Luna and Stella are different people? LOL! Come on, y'all. Get with the program. She's blatantly Stella with a name change. Even in the TGS 2014 trailer, there's a line where one of the party members says to Noctis regarding Luna, "Your date is waiting for you." You telling me Noctis will have romance with both Luna and Stella in this game? LOL! Tabata knows that Luna is Stella, but he hasn't gone more in-depth with explaining this to the public because he's yet to talk about her character yet.

Tabata has obviously changed the plot. This should be obvious considering that they've changed the director and Nomura hasn't been involved with the game as of it being made in Luminous Studio. Seriously think about that for a moment. All the graphics and visuals of the game in Luminous Studio had zero involvement from the original director Nomura, so what we're seeing is not what he envisioned the game to look like. Even the new Art Director, Yusuke Naora, wasn't working on the game while it was called VersusXIII and Nomura was directing. You can't have so many changes in key staff, from the director, art director, main programmer, etc, and expect the final game and story to be exactly the same as the original director and original core staff envisioned it. That's blind wishful thinking.

Also, Tabata's already confirmed that he actually became the FFXV's director (replacing Nomura) in July 2012, but Square Enix decided withhold the public announcement. They only made it public at TGS 2014, when they could finally show the game running in Luminous Studio. Before then they covered up the director change by announcing that Tabata joined as the Co-Director at E3 2013, but Tabata has confirmed this wasn't the full picture.

I vaguely remember Nomura saying Cor was one of the cast, but that was also when the others was playable. I guess we can only take what Tabata is saying now, and everything Nomura mention should be skeptical on as it might have been cut or changed.
Exactly.

I'm glad there are other people that are beginning to understand this situation. With the original director ejected from the project, nothing said about FFXV when it was still called VersusXIII is set in stone. Depending on what the new director Tabata and his Type-0 team want to accomplish, stuff will definitely be modified or outright removed.

Last edited:

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
yeah and that is totally nonsense and based on nothing.
LOL! How the fuck is it nonsense and based on nothing? Take your blind fanboy head out of your ass, yo. Tabata has outright said he's edited the script to remove all l'Cie mentions. Therefore, the original script Nomura wanted to present that was rich in the mythos terms has already been changed. Please read the following quote and educate yourself.

Q: A demo of FFXV will be available in Final Fantasy Type-0 HD . Are both games still related to the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology, FFXV particular, even if a lot of changes have occurred since 2006?

Hajime Tabata:
Regarding Type-0, there was absolutely nothing related to crystals when we started working on the game. It's when we finished the pre-production phase we built this mythology, Fabula Nova Crystallis. It is fully integrated into the story and the universe of the game. On FFXV, I joined the project when it was decided to turn Versus XIII to FFXV. At that time, the conception of the universe was very advanced and the mythology of the crystal was very present. But when I took over the project, I started asking myself what was required, and what can be removed or put back. I mostly wanted to make sure that the player does not feel assaulted by the sharp vocabulary of the mythology of the crystal. You will not need to play Type-0 and FFXIII games to enjoy XV, and you will not have to assimilate complex concepts. This is especially why I wanted to detach myself a bit from the mythology. It is nevertheless completely inscribed in the DNA of the game and the story. But for example, there will be no l'Cie in the game, unlike Type-0 and FFXIII.
Source (in French)

Honestly, I'm tired of the blind optimism bullshit so many of you FFXV anticipators have got. If any of you really cared about Nomura's original vision for the game, you'd be criticising the current form of FFXV, not praising it.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
People still believe that Luna and Stella are different people? LOL! Come on, y'all. Get with the program. She's blatantly Stella with a name change. Even in the TGS 2014 trailer, there's a line where one of the party members says to Noctis regarding Luna, "Your date is waiting for you." You telling me Noctis will have romance with both Luna and Stella in this game? LOL! Tabata knows that Luna is Stella, but he hasn't gone more in-depth with explaining this to the public because he's yet to talk about her character yet.

Tabata has obviously changed the plot. This should be obvious considering that they've changed the director and Nomura hasn't been involved with the game as of it being made in Luminous Studio. Seriously think about that for a moment. All the graphics and visuals of the game in Luminous Studio had zero involvement from the original director Nomura, so what we're seeing is not what he envisioned the game to look like. Even the new Art Director, Yusuke Naora, wasn't working on the game while it was called VersusXIII and Nomura was directing. You can't have so many changes in key staff, from the director, art director, main programmer, etc, and expect the final game and story to be exactly the same as the original director and original core staff envisioned it. That's blind wishful thinking.

Also, Tabata's already confirmed that he actually became the FFXV's director (replacing Nomura) in July 2012, but Square Enix decided withhold the public announcement. They only made it public at TGS 2014, when they could finally show the game running in Luminous Studio. Before then they covered up the director change by announcing that Tabata joined as the Co-Director at E3 2013, but Tabata has confirmed this wasn't the full picture.

Exactly.

I'm glad there are other people that are beginning to understand this situation. With the original director ejected from the project, nothing said about FFXV when it was still called VersusXIII is set in stone. Depending on what the new director Tabata and his Type-0 team want to accomplish, stuff will definitely be modified or outright removed.
Speaking of Luna-Stella , i am assuming that by "blatanly" you are refering to their physical look , just because they look similar doesnt mean their the same character. About the line "your date is waiting for you" we dont know the context of "their relationship" in the plot and how it was develop at that point.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
LOL! How the fuck is it nonsense and based on nothing? Take your blind fanboy head out of your ass, yo. Tabata has outright said he's edited the script to remove all l'Cie mentions. Therefore, the original script Nomura wanted to present that was rich in the mythos terms has already been changed. Please read the following quote and educate yourself.

Source (in French)

Honestly, I'm tired of the blind optimism bullshit so many of you FFXV anticipators have got. If any of you really cared about Nomura's original vision for the game, you'd be criticising the current form of FFXV, not praising it.
We're all tired of your harsh attitude for other people's optimism, and tired of your optimism for a game that hasn't even been announced (FFXVI) and fanboyism over XII.

The l'Cie weren't even supposed to be mentioned in XV to begin with.
The game's lore was drawn from the mythology of the Fabula Nova Crystallis subseries, which also includes Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0, the games announced alongside XV in 2006.[12][29] According to Yoshinori Kitase, the mythos was used as a "backdrop and a starting point" for the story, but had no other connections to the other games in the subseries.[37] Nomura chose not to use many of the terms within the mythos, such as "l'Cie" and "fal'Cie", instead opting to use the concept behind them and refer to the terms far less or not at all due to the game's modern setting.[46]

I never once cared about the FNC mythos with this game, so whether it was supposed to be in or not doesn't affect me in any way, but I'm glad it's not in, because I don't see the need for its inclusion.

Also, you keep mentioning how much Tabata must have changed the story, but we don't even know any of the story of what was supposed to be included, so realistically what has changed from our point of view even if something was altered?

The battle system has changed, which I'm in complete favor of, details I won't include here for the sake of brevity.

Only being able to control Noctis is one of the biggest announced changes, something that doesn't affect me in any way, as it doesn't really appeal to me. Kingdom Hearts never had this functionality, and it wasn't desirable there either... mainly because Sora was powerful as shit and your party members weren't, so there's no reason to change... which is exactly how XV is, Noctis can warp and do crazy shit with his weapons, something that other party members can't, so I don't really care to control them. Some people want this feature though, as they see it as an important aspect to a Final Fantasy game.

You have mentioned Cor, again no where has it been said Cor will not be a party member, so speculating about this is pointless. People bring up the fact that Tabata mentions the car being the "5th party member" somehow meaning Cor is now excluded... what if Cor is then the 6th party member...? You do realize that Cor most definitely won't be in the party from the start of the game, given his role in the Lucis Kingdom likely similar to a personal bodyguard for Regis being one of the strongest fighters in the entire Kingdom, it's likely his involvement with the party won't come until sometime after the Niflheim invasion.

I'm excited for a game about the crystals again, I like the character dynamic, I like the battle system as presented, I like the "open" world. I have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about this game. You have NO reason or right to come in here shitting on people for being optimistic.

No one here appreciates you bashing fans of this game like this. Does it really matter if our "fanboyism reeks" or not? Why should we care how you feel about our optimism, especially if you're just going to shit on us?

It's clear to me now how you got your reputation on GameFAQs if the manner in which you conduct yourself here has anything to do with it.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
We're all tired of your harsh attitude for other people's optimism, and tired of your optimism for a game that hasn't even been announced (FFXVI) and fanboyism over XII.
LOL! Who is this "we're" you're referring to? Speak for yourself and stop making up an imaginary legion to support yourself. It makes you look weak. Besides, two can play at that game: We're all tired of your harsh attitude for other people's opinions, and tired of your criticism over somebody's optimism for a game that hasn't even been announced (XVI) and your blind fanboyism over XV.

The l'Cie weren't even supposed to be mentioned in XV to begin with.
Why are you using Wikipedia as a source? LOL! Don't ridicule yourself any further. Anyway, if stopped being such a fucking blind XV fanboy and used your brain for once, you'd have check the source and seen it was from a Famitsu interview with Nomura in September 2013, which is over a year after Tabata became FFXV's director in July 2012 and began removing all the fal'Cie and l'Cie references from the script.

You have mentioned Cor, again no where has it been said Cor will not be a party member, so speculating about this is pointless. People bring up the fact that Tabata mentions the car being the "5th party member" somehow meaning Cor is now excluded... what if Cor is then the 6th party member...? You do realize that Cor most definitely won't be in the party from the start of the game, given his role in the Lucis Kingdom likely similar to a personal bodyguard for Regis being one of the strongest fighters in the entire Kingdom, it's likely his involvement with the party won't come until sometime after the Niflheim invasion.
What the fuck is this? Who are you talking to? I never once said that Caor was no longer party member. Matter of fact, I said he's likely a Guest like Larsa, Reddas, and Vossler in FFXII. Stop making up shit I never even said to argue against.

I'm excited for a game about the crystals again, I like the character dynamic, I like the battle system as presented, I like the "open" world. I have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about this game. You have NO reason or right to come in here shitting on people for being optimistic.

No one here appreciates you bashing fans of this game like this. Does it really matter if our "fanboyism reeks" or not? Why should we care how you feel about our optimism, especially if you're just going to shit on us?
No, you're the one doing the shitting here, but your blind FFXV fanboyism is preventing from realising it. Yourself and others have established a clique that believe FFXV will be great and because I'm coming in and saying otherwise, y'all are coming after me. Check the threads for proof. I'm the only one saying I'm not hyped for FFXV, and yourself and others are coming after me and saying my opinion is wrong, just because I don't think the game will be as great as y'all do. Basically, you're shitting on me just for being pessimistic. Further still, when I bring up FFXVI, y'all then start shitting on me just because I'm optimistic about a game that hasn't been announced yet? Get the fuck out of here!

It's clear to me now how you got your reputation on GameFAQs if the manner in which you conduct yourself here has anything to do with it.
The irony with this statement is that I was never posting harshly or with any profanity on GameFAQs. My reputation over there is being the world's greatest Hiroyuki Ito fanboy. It's quite flattering, actually. People over there don't seem to know that if FFXVI turns out to be a retro-style game like FFIX, I won't even buy it. Can you really call such an individual the biggest Hiroyuki Ito fan? I don't think so.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
when I bring up FFXVI, y'all then start shitting on me just because I'm optimistic about a game that hasn't been announced yet? Get the fuck out of here!
Yeah, we're doing the same to you that you do to us, deal with it.

As for the rest of your post, to be brief as this is getting off topic:

Wikipedia is a credible given that the sources are cited. Yes they are from after Tabata took over, but it was never stated the game would be heavily influenced in FNC to begin with, and it doesn't really matter anyways.

My mistake on misquoting you on Cor, you mentioned he could be a sort of guest party member, so I apologize for that, completely my mistake.

As for me shitting on you, no I'm not. My point is to bring up that you come into a thread specifically about XV and talk up XVI as being the saving grace of Final Fantasy and talk down this game. Do you not expect fans of this game to defend something they've been looking forward to? It doesn't help that you have been very hostile this entire time, I'm all for you looking forward to XVI, but this isn't the place to bash other people's optimisms in favor of your own.

As with the GameFAQs thing, based on what yeah_93 has alluded to, simply being an Ito fanboy is not all that you would be known for. But, I don't know, so I shouldn't speak about things I don't know anything about.

Anyways, this back and forth is pointless, please understand that people don't like when you shit on a game they're looking forward to, and I won't mention XVI with you either.

Last edited: