SPOILERS/SPECULATION: Final Fantasy XV Spoiler and Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Here's hoping that's not Cor's katana. Might mean he didn't need it anymore.
:bawling: Thankfully he ain't no king. Although we could still be getting his katana as a normal weapon... :dead: BTW, I hope we can control them in a faster way than the DLC Masamune, like Cor does. I'm guessing there could be katanas that belong to the two-handed sword category and the one-handed one.

I'm intrigued by the bow that can transform into two long daggers and the crossbow. I think this is the first time we see both. The axe is a cool one, too.

Sep 26, 2013
:bawling: Thankfully he ain't no king. Although we could still be getting his katana as a normal weapon... :dead: BTW, I hope we can control them in a faster way than the DLC Masamune, like Cor does. I'm guessing there could be katanas that belong to the two-handed sword category and the one-handed one.

I'm intrigued by the bow that can transform into two long daggers and the crossbow. I think this is the first time we see both. The axe is a cool one, too.
Yeah the royal arms all seem to be extremely cool! Royal arms being a single weapon category is a little modest of the developers even- it seems like most (maybe all) royal weapons have unique animations to go along with their potent abilities.

On the subject of Cor
Luna seems to have a royal arm, so it's possible that Cor's katana could be one too despite him not being a king.
I saw speculation that the Masamune has its animation because the katana is a royal arm and they wanted its animations to be unique. That's at least partially correct- the katana has been revealed to be a royal arm. Note that this isn't based on any kind of a leak, the poster was just trying to think up a logical explanation for the Masamune's weird animation and for the katana in the progress report having some crazy abilities.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Luna and Cor could have simply found weapons that belonged to former kings.
According to Cor:
Cor Leonis said:
The power of kings passed from the old to the new through the bonding of souls.
One such soul lies before you. To claim your forebears' powers is your birthright and duty as a king.
This implies that the royals weapons can only be weilded by those how are to take the role of king in the linage.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Just thought of something new after watching Kingsglaive so this is kinda a spoiler for both, hence I'll just put it in a spoiler tag.
What would you guys like to happen when Noctis gets the ring? In the movie time slows down and there is a discussion with the old kings of Lucis. Do you think that time will slow down again and there will be a conversation? I personally hope it's that, and also I hope there's sort of a dialogue tree that happens there, in which depending on how you answer you might get all or some of their support, meaning that the AstralSphere is either opened up partly or fully (with the ability to open it up fully later in game if you stuff up your dialogue choices ofc) just to make it seem slightly more real imo. Maybe instead of that they could tell you information about special items or something. What do you guys think?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Just thought of something new after watching Kingsglaive so this is kinda a spoiler for both, hence I'll just put it in a spoiler tag.
What would you guys like to happen when Noctis gets the ring? In the movie time slows down and there is a discussion with the old kings of Lucis. Do you think that time will slow down again and there will be a conversation? I personally hope it's that, and also I hope there's sort of a dialogue tree that happens there, in which depending on how you answer you might get all or some of their support, meaning that the AstralSphere is either opened up partly or fully (with the ability to open it up fully later in game if you stuff up your dialogue choices ofc) just to make it seem slightly more real imo. Maybe instead of that they could tell you information about special items or something. What do you guys think?
As much as I like the idea, since Noctis is unquestionably of the Caelum bloodline, such negotiation would be a moot point or just pointless. He is part of whatever pact was made, and he likely must follow the rules and will get the crystal's powers (or at least as much as anyone in the line is allowed to have, which I suspect is far less than the crystal can actually tap).
Nyx was a very special exception, due to the nation's crystal being under dire threat, and there being no other option to pass the ring safely on to Noctis. In that case, the beings were being pragmatic, if still quite ruthless about the price he needed to pay.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Hmm yeah I get what you mean. I was just thinking that it would be cool to have them being sort of "I don't want to give you our power even though you are of the bloodline" Although that is kinda cliche.
IIRC in the movie they did say "You aren't even of royal blood" to Nyx, which made me think that the royal blood isn't the only factor, just one of them. Which is why there are only like 13 phantom weapons, cause I would assume the Lucis bloodline is older than that. Although that's just an assumption. [\spoiler]

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I think I'll create a piece containing all the confirmed lore up to this point. This will NOT be for speculation, but only for information that has a definite source. Oh, and since this contains information that might be considered spoilerific, including some content relating to Kingsglaive, I'm spoiler-tagging most of the post. NOTE: All of this is related to the lore as it stands in XV, not as it was in Versus XIII as it has been repeatedly stated by Tabata that the lore and story have undergone extensive revision.
*We know that, at least up until 2013, Final Fantasy XV was firmly embedded in the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos. After the reshuffle in 2013, the terminology and specific branding was removed to distance XV from the Final Fantasy XIII setting, the mythos was retained as a base for the expanded lore, which itself is based on Japanese folklore and unspecified Western mythologies. Some have stated that it was outright removed rather than repurposed, but there has been no direct quote from developers on the matter, so this point is up in the air. (Videogamer.com, Finaland, Famitsu, GameSpot, Game Informer May 2016 issue).
*The figure in the logo of Final Fantasy XV is a goddess, even referred to as the most important goddess in the world of XV, making her equivalent if not the same as Etro from XIII and Type-0. (GameSpot)
*We know that, according to the traditions of the world, the Crystal was given to Lucis in "antiquity" by unnamed deities. They also granted the Ring of the Lucii, which is the only way to access the Crystal's power, and can only be used safely by the Caelum bloodline. (Japanese promotional pamphlet for Kingsglaive)
*We know that mysterious "beings" descended from the skies and made the world of Eos. The Archeans formed part of this creation process, and have since become a separate existence from humans related to maintaining the natural world, not getting involved in human affairs. The Archeans are also associated with the stars in some way, representing "astral power". Leviathan appears to be among the most powerful, as she is referred to as being "close to God". (Dengeki, Kotaku, FF Union)
*When he was a child, Noctis had a near-death experience that marked him with some unknown destiny, referred to as being chosen by the "stars". We also know that a being connected to the unnatural Daemon monsters of Eos wanted to have him die, while the Archean Carbuncle protected him. (Platinum Demo, "Dawn" trailer, Famitsu)
*The world is under threat from the "Plague of the Stars" (translated Japanese term), which will plunge Eos into an everlasting night. This is countered through the blessing of Oracles, who commune with the world's deities. The power of Oracles appear exclusive to women from the royal family of Tenebrae, and Luna is the latest in that line. (Siliconera, Japanese promotional pamphlet for Kingsglaive)

Aug 13, 2016
I'm just drawing parallels...
FFXV was called FF versus XIII. So Mwyn gives birth to Buni who makes three other deities and orders them to assign "visions" to people. Should they fail to fulfill such visions, they will be crystalised. Those who are assigned with tasks or visions are branded and become "l'cie." Lightning and co didn't agree with this so the trilogy follows the group as they go against Buni's plan. I'm yet to beat Type 0 so I don't which of the deities it tackles. (Lindzei and the other one perhaps?). Final Fantasy Vesus XIII was going to tackle Etro (And maybe Mwyn?) Both goddesses were featured in early trailers of the game. The one on the logo is believed to be Mwyn whereas the one in the party (the one Stella talks about) is Etro. Now that FFXV is no longer connected to FBC mythology, is it safe to assume that the goddess on the logo is a revamped version of Mwyn? Was she in disagreement with Buni? If so does that make her a "good" goddess? The title's name "versus" also leads me to believe that Noctis and co were supposed to be fulfilling their or his vision. Was the "vision" replaced with a "prophecy"? Is it the one at the end of episode Duscae demo? Is Noctis wrong for trying to fulfil his vision? Isn't it up to him and only him to save Eos? Why is Luna opposed to it? How did I know? The part where she appears in reclaim your throne trailer has a caption that says "Defiance of Divinity." Also the lyrics of one of Florence and the Machine's songs has a part which goes like this "So what if Luna was right?" Does this mean we'll go go against Luna at some point in the game? Also Tabata said the villain, or he liked the villain, to be someone we could understand and even would play the game as?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Potential spoilers about the Royal Weapons:

Apart from what looks like Luna's trident, it seems like Regis' sword (which is also the one Noctis has in his older version's render) is a Royal Weapon as well.

Not entirely surprising, considering how the Royal Weapons are... well, weapons that belonged to remarkable (I guess?) kings before, but yeah. I'd really like that each king had some kind of backstory, as in "this was the first king of the Lucis line, and did this and this other thing and blablabla". It seems like, in the very brief descriptions of the Royal Weapons in the menu, we are getting some info.

I hope they get deep in the lore.
Kind of like the Weapon Stories of the Drakengard/Nier franchise.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
So just read this on GameFAQs, (surprisingly 1 in 500 posts is not trash) but someone just said that it is possible that the official guide for FFXV might be printed, and ready to be distributed because of the original release date. How likely do you guys this is, and if the guide does come out accidentally/ leaked early what are your respective strategies? Personally I'm already decreasing my usage of GAF and GameFAQs, so I wont be on those sites if they do come out, and this place is cool enough to have sensibly titled threads and sensible people in general who wouldn't purposely spoil important things so I'm not scared of being spoiled here.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
So just read this on GameFAQs, (surprisingly 1 in 500 posts is not trash) but someone just said that it is possible that the official guide for FFXV might be printed, and ready to be distributed because of the original release date. How likely do you guys this is, and if the guide does come out accidentally/ leaked early what are your respective strategies? Personally I'm already decreasing my usage of GAF and GameFAQs, so I wont be on those sites if they do come out, and this place is cool enough to have sensibly titled threads and sensible people in general who wouldn't purposely spoil important things so I'm not scared of being spoiled here.
Media Blackout! and only use this site (the members here are good about spoilers)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
That guide has already spoiled some things. Like, for example, how there's multiple new game plus modes. And some other things, all in the description for the guide.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
That guide has already spoiled some things. Like, for example, how there's multiple new game plus modes. And some other things, all in the description for the guide.
btw try to keep these things in spoiler tags Bretto. Im staying off faqs for now

Status
Not open for further replies.