Square Enix Members Interview with Hajime Tabata, Director of FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Square Enix has just published this interview with Hajime Tabata, Director of Type-0 HD and also Co-Director on Final Fantasy XV.

You can read the interview on the Square Enix website here:
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/s...ajime-tabata-director-final-fantasy-type-0-hd

There are two instances of Final Fantasy XV referenced in this interview for those that are sure to look:
SE Members: Regarding some of your previous titles, are there any interesting facts about a design decision that you made in a game that was influenced by American culture? We’ve heard that Yusuke Naora, who designed the airship in FINAL FANTASY X, used his love of the Lakers basketball team as inspiration for the color pallet of the airship!

HT: Oh really? Very interesting. Well, I can’t remember from past titles since it’s been a while, but since I’m working on FINAL FANTASY XV at the moment, there’re some elements like this, but we’ll have to wait until we release more information about that title to discuss in our next interview.
SE Members: Well, personally I’m a console player so I’m looking forward to an HD console version. A bigger screen delivers more action and more eye candy. It’s very American. Thumbs up!

What kinds of improvements can we expect over the PSP version of the game?

HT: Definitely the graphics. In improving these graphics we also utilized the development from FINAL FANTASY XV to not only improve things like lighting effects, but we also re-rendered everything specifically for the PS4 and XBox One.

SE Members: So it’s almost like FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD is a stepping stone or a sneak peek of FINAL FANTASY XV?

HT: In terms of the graphics, yes, we did utilize some of those key learnings from FINAL FANTASY XV to refine the game. Things like graphics were refined as well as some of the combat, which have been leveled up for the HD version.
For all of you that like to pick this stuff apart and come up with crazy points for potential next showings of XV, you could look at the quote "we’ll have to wait until we release more information about that title to discuss in our next interview" and interpret that as the next interview with Tabata from Square Enix Members will be about XV I guess.

A very nice interview! I believe most of these things are out in the open, but I figured that I would post this here anyways.

I'm excited for Type-0 HD, how about you?