Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Square enix plans,new engine already?

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
What the hell is happening? why? luminous was very potential engine its have many things like other engine dont have! Square enix said something about real cloth simulation and hair physics, how they can fast to make game with the new engine etc... why the hell luminous engine is goes to trash? WTF man! and they have Unreal engine 4 and now KH3 use it so this mean: from now on all FF game and other RPG game will use unreal engine 4!? :( the most common boring engine? like u3..

well i hope luminous engine will return for ps5 and the next xbox and pc and the first real next gen Ff game will use it! maybe PS4,and xbox can't handle realtime (real game play) game with luminous engine?first of all they WASTED 1 YEAR to develop agnis p. tech demo and their droped to the trash the concepts,and everything from that techdemo and wasted tons of MONEY and years to develop the engine! if they really droped all this then SE is totally IDIOT!

now i really hate SE.

http://www.vgleaks.com/square-enix-trademarks-dawn-engine-in-europe

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
What the hell is happening? why? luminous was very potential engine its have many things like other engine dont have! Square enix said something about real cloth simulation and hair physics, how they can fast to make game with the new engine etc... why the hell luminous engine is debunked? WTF man! and they have Unreal engine 4 and now KH3 use it so this mean: from now on all FF game and other RPG game will use unreal engine 4!? :( the most common boring engine? like u3..

well i hope luminous engine will return for ps5 and the next xbox and pc and the first real next gane Ff game will use it! maybe PS4,and xbox can't handle realtime (real game play) game with luminous engine?

now i really hate SE.

http://www.vgleaks.com/square-enix-trademarks-dawn-engine-in-europe
Why would you hate Square Enix for trademarking a new engine name? As the link you posted suggests, it's very possible that this is an engine that will be used for Eidos alone. Regardless, hating a company for creating a new engine seems rather ridiculous.

As for KHIII using UE4, you clearly don't know what an engine is used for... Calling the Unreal Engine "boring" makes absolutely no sense. We already know that Kingdom Hearts' graphical style will mainly come from the usage of the "Kingdom Shader", which can be fully utilized by any engine, as it has to do with actual rendering itself. The engine handles things beyond rendering.

We'll have to wait and see what this engine will be used for. Luminous is already used somewhat in Final Fantasy XIV, so it's not as if it has gone to waste. XV is being moved over to Luminous as well, so it will not go unused. It's very likely that the next Final Fantasy after XV will use Luminous as well.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Why would you hate Square Enix for trademarking a new engine name? As the link you posted suggests, it's very possible that this is an engine that will be used for Eidos alone. Regardless, hating a company for creating a new engine seems rather ridiculous.

As for KHIII using UE4, you clearly don't know what an engine is used for... Calling the Unreal Engine "boring" makes absolutely no sense. We already know that Kingdom Hearts' graphical style will mainly come from the usage of the "Kingdom Shader", which can be fully utilized by any engine, as it has to do with actual rendering itself. The engine handles things beyond rendering.

We'll have to wait and see what this engine will be used for. Luminous is already used somewhat in Final Fantasy XIV, so it's not as if it has gone to waste. XV is being moved over to Luminous as well, so it will not go unused. It's very likely that the next Final Fantasy after XV will use Luminous as well.
But if they use unreal engine that would be the perfect way to share the game for pc gamers so i think thats why KH3 use U4 and next ff game will use that too so everyone can play the games.

"Luminous is already used somewhat in Final Fantasy XIV"

you can confirm this any source or you just making things up?

"XV is being moved over to Luminous as well"

yeah the last time i heard about it they said some game effect is only luminous..

but really still no game use only luminous engine thats mean something!

"Calling the Unreal Engine "boring" makes absolutely no sense"

strange for me most of Unreal 3 engined game looked the same you can clearly see the game use that engine, i mean the effects,sunglare,fire effects etc...

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
you can confirm this any source or you just making things up?

yeah the last time i heard about it they said some game effect is only luminous..

but really still no game use only luminous engine thats mean something!

strange for me most of Unreal 3 engined game looked the same you can clearly see the game use that engine, i mean the effects,sunglare,fire effects etc...
It is ironic that you would ask me if I had any sources considering the amount of times you make things up. Yes, I do have a source for this.
One of the reasons we had some trouble with the original launch of FFXIV was because we went through Crystal Tools and it was an engine that wasn’t really optimized for an MMO and so we’re currently working with technologists that are working on Luminous to make us a custom, optimal engine that will work for FFXIV.
It has been referred to as a "branch" which is a programming term used in repository systems like git where you take a version of something and create a "branch" of it and you can modify it independently from the original project without any conflicts. Essentially, creating modifications to fit your needs, in this case, modifying various elements from the Luminous Engine they could use for XIV.

Last time we heard about it, they clearly said they are moving the entire game over to Luminous engine. And yeah, you're right, no game uses it yet... but that's because they were developing it for next generation consoles. Square Enix hasn't made a single game for next generation consoles yet, so of course no game using Luminous would exist yet. When XV was Versus it was originally described that the PS3 wouldn't be able to handle Luminous, but now that it's gone to PS4/XB1 the game will support it. So, no... that doesn't mean "something".

Well, this is UE4 not UE3, and like I said, an engine simply provides a framework for you to develop a game. KHIII could still switch back to Luminous if it wanted to later down the line, but we'll have to see if they are sticking with UE4 or not.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
I hope it doesn't replace Luminous Engine, has Square release any games that uses Luminous Engine yet?

"has Square release any games that uses Luminous Engine yet"
hehe no..

imo i bet UE4 will be the main engine for square enix japan because of multiplaform i mean pc can run U4 engine more better than luminous i bet.And xbox one the shitbox lol.. every game only 900p of course shitbox cannot handle luminous.But of course this is my opinion.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
I think Luminous as originally intended is probably indeed dead, but it'll take time to actually find out if that's true. No doubt some Luminous tech will make its way into games either through weird combination work, ala FF15, or through using it to improve a licensed engine. It seems they've really struggled to get engines off the ground, and it's looking more and more like they've decided it's less trouble to license for KH3, a game which Disney is no doubt demanding a reasonable development cycle for; they can't afford to dick around on the engine for ages.

Epic is seriously pursuing licensing in Asia for Unreal, too. They've majorly expanded their Asian sales and support office, mainly because Western developers are slowly transitioning off Unreal - EA cancelled all of their Unreal licenses, for instance - and so they need to find the business elsewhere. Japan is as good a place as any.