1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Review

Discussion in 'RPG Site Updates' started by Alexander, Sep 30, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Alexander

Alexander Mognet Newsbot Moderator

Before I start this review, we should make two things plain. First off, we're fully aware that the Zelda games aren't really RPGs. Not by a proper, strict definition, anyway. We love the games, though, and when readers began to request we cover them, we were happy to oblige.

Second, you all should know that as far as I'm concerned, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is one of the finest games ever made. Sure enough, the original release, now over a decade ago in all territories, had...
    Read more...

Continue reading this story on RPG Site or discuss it!

2. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Just want to reiterate - this is an amazing remake. This and KH have really raised the bar for HD do-overs, one after the other.

3. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I ended up watching a stream of someone running through WWHD last week; I was so enthralled that I practically watched the entire game being completed. WW is one of my favourite games - right alongside Majora's Mask in terms of my fave 3D Zeldas - and I was fascinated to see what was so different about the game. Managed to get hands-on time myself at Nintendo's post-E3 event in London in July, so I had played it, but seeing the whole game being run through I got to see a lot of other smaller changes that improved the overall experience greatly. With the sailing aspects being sped up and streamlined, as well as the Triforce quest being shortened, it really makes playing through over and over much more tempting, and will likely mean more people won't put it down at that Triforce quest this time!

Character models still use the same number of polygons by the looks of it (just an HD coating on them), and the game shouldn't really be the price it is, to be fair, but definitely a great port and great game overall. One to pick up at a cheaper price when I get a Wii U eventually!

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!