Type 0 to ps vita

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChrisB

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 25, 2014
image.jpg According to the ps vita official Facebook page it says type
0 will be coming to the handheld console and light on this anyone

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Could be confusion with the mobile spin-off title meant to be released on the Vita, but if not I'd welcome it with open arms. However, not to say that this would be a little to late for most. An initial release on the Vita simultaneously previously would have been highly preferred.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
no link. can't judge
The page in question: https://www.facebook.com/xPSVITAx
Note the "x" on the end of the name, already a clear indicator this is not the official page, but let's look deeper.
This Facebook page is dedicated to covering all games for Sony's PlayStation Vita! Enjoy your look around! Twitter: PSVita@xPSVITAx
I've added in the link to the Twitter in the quote itself from the "About" section of the Facebook page, there you can see a total of 15 followers of this "official" Vita Facebook page Twitter account.

As for the actual news source itself, this is the page in question posted here in a screenshot. The source was listed as "PlayStation Universe" with no link, so let's go take a look.

A quick search on PSU's website leads to this article: http://www.psu.com/news/26721/Is-Final-Fantasy-Type-0-HD-coming-to-PS-Vita
This time, we actually get a real source, as well as a source for where they got this information to begin with... gaming websites tend to just piggyback off each other, it's not really surprising, but it leads here. Now, I've never even heard of this website before... Based on the Facebook page having less than 700 likes, I think the rest of the world can say the same.

As for the actual Brazilian ratings board source which I posted above... you'll actually find that there's NO mention of any PlayStation Vita. What's funny is, this page originally did say PlayStation Portable, or something along those lines... what you'll see now is that there is no evidence of PlayStation Portable or Vita anywhere here, just PS4 and Xbox One.

So, yeah... This isn't news, it's not happening, it's just a fluke in some random Brazilian Ratings board website that a no-name website picked up on that PSU picked up on that a bunch of fake PS Vita Facebook pages and other random gaming news sites picked up on to lead to this.

I suggest anyone that wants to post news or to even just read news, look at the sources. You'll save yourself a lot of time in validating this sort of thing if you look back and see what's actually being reported on. That Facebook page will never update this "story", nor will PSU, nor will the random other gaming website.

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I can confirm that this rumor is wrong. The Brazillian Rating Site mention the Playstation 4, Xbox One and Playstation Portable (PSP) versions of Type-0.
There is no mention to Playstation Vita. Someone just confused the "Playstation Portable" as "Playstation Vita".

Here is the image of the site:

Playstation Portátil = Playstation Portable.