When do you think FFXV (Full Version) be released?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

When Do you think FFXV ( Full Version be release)?

• Late 2015

Votes: 8 19.0%

Votes: 32 76.2%

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
March 5, 2016 | US
March 8, 2016 | JP
March 9, 2016 | EU

Expecting early/spring 2016 release, following the trend of when/how the demo was released, I think FFXV might get a US release first (again) while other regions' release are not far off from that.

At the latest, I could see a Fall 2016 release.

Sep 26, 2013
March 2016 is the last month for SE's fiscal year. If it's coming out in March 2016, we should get a financial report next month that I think will tell us what their game unit sales forecast is for this fiscal year (unless it was already reported and I missed it).

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Anytime between May and September of next summer. If full marketing will start in August at Gamescom, no reason the game wouldn't come next summer. Think we'll see merch this year? Like shirts or posters?

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
To be honest, hearing about the limited E3 coverage made me want to get annoyed, but knowing at Gamescom we'll be getting a full push on this game in August, I'm content. I hope we're right, I'll be finishing college next summer so getting this game then would be SO awesome haha Thinking about how many of us found this game young it's cool to see the end almost here.

Sep 26, 2013
To be honest, hearing about the limited E3 coverage made me want to get annoyed, but knowing at Gamescom we'll be getting a full push on this game in August, I'm content. I hope we're right, I'll be finishing college next summer so getting this game then would be SO awesome haha Thinking about how many of us found this game young it's cool to see the end almost here.
It's understandable. They're kinda loaded this year. Lots to talk about. I don't think you'll be too upset though. There will probably be a title you're really looking forward to that will make up for FFXV's small showing.

This year for Square Enix does not solely depend on E3. That's for certain.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
This year for Square Enix does not solely depend on E3. That's for certain.
Yep a short trailer at E3 and new trailers for Gamescom, PAX and TGS are pretty much confirmed at this point. Which makes me actually wonder if they have sth. planned for this year's Game Awards/PlayStation Experience too. It's less than a month before Jump Festa but it seems like a good opportunity to show sth. if they plan to release the game only a few months later.

Sep 26, 2013
Second half of 2016 is my bet, and honestly after playing Episode Duscae I'd be worried if it came out much sooner. It was abundantly clear there was a lot of work left to be done.

Sep 27, 2013
My guess would be in September; maybe early October. I think that's doable for a game that seems in the final stages of development, guess we'll know more soon.

For those who like walls of text here's some facts summed up:
- The game was playable start to finish in November; with the first half of the game polished, and most but not all features implemented (pre-beta)
- Next up they're working on the beta version (ie all content/features finalized and only bugs left)
- At Gamescom last year (August) Tabata said all environments of the game were about 70%/80% done and lacking finish.
- While Square has done more talking than showing, it sounds like development is advancing well along and they know what they're doing, so I'm not expecting any major changes from the gameplay we'll see in the ATR later this month. Or cases of "oh chocobo this totally does not work and will have to be changed" when they finally play through the full game.
- The game has to go through localisation (and there will be a ton of text), age ratings and Sony/Microsoft certification. This can be time consuming, but I imagine the team has decent experience with this so I'm giving them the upper hand and guess this won't be much of an issue.
- They will likely lose some development time from the preparations of a new demo version and the March event; as well as other promotional efforts.
- Some parts of the game are outsourced; they need to get together. Also the Avalanche partnership.

Well to be honest I think it could be released in Summer (July/August) but they probably don't want to clash with games like Persona 5 and other big budget titles. I don't think Square can drop this to the market when it's done, this game is a big deal for them. The game has to be good and it has to perform from a financial point of view. If it's better to release it a little later, they'll go with that. They need the revenue, they've lost so much money on this game already.

I also don't think the Airship things will make it into the game. I'm quite certain Square's thinking about ways to increase the game's lifespan and lore, not by sequels but through DLC, maybe ingame microtransactions, a companion app, comics/short movies. This game is just big to them, has a lot of hype and I'm pretty certain they will do something with it.