Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Looks like it was true! The combat looks a lot like Xenoblade's but much more hectic and with giant robots (I must say I find them unappealing). Also, it seems like they were playing with other people because the characters' names said "Player 2", "Player 3" and so. I hope it's not totally multiplayer.

Sep 26, 2013
Either that or they don't want to reveal the names of the characters just yet. If anything, it's probably a single player experience but with online co-op that is completely up to you if you want to play with other people or not.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
So the Japanese Direct got a "2014" time frame for X, whereas the NA and EU ones got a "Stay tuned for more updates." Sounds like they can't guarantee a 2014 release in the West. Would be understandable, but to think it could be a whole year from now before it comes out here is quite frustrating.

United States? =O

I generally liked what I saw. It's a refinement of the Xenoblade combat, again with an emphasis on positioning and the timed button press of the previous game when executing special attacks. I like the concept of just freely jumping into a mech when the changing situation may become a bit too hairy, no doubt advantageous if say, a giant enemy's weakness is its head rather than its balls for example.

But, I am sort of concerned still about the Player 1/Player 2/Player 3/Player 4 thing. I am hoping there is still a story, narrative and characters, because otherwise I'm not fully comfortable with the thought of sacrificing that for co-op and multiplayer focus.

That showing didn't fully satisfy me either. I was really hoping for the mech to just take off from the cliffside and just casually fly around in the sunset after the fight to really highlight the scope and grandeur of this one enormous area. That would have got me exceedingly giddy.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Wii U just for Bayonetta 2 and this game. Bravo, Monolith Soft. Bravo.

Sep 26, 2013
Why doesn't this game have a name yet???
Probably just not ready to reveal it. We still haven't received a proper trailer yet. Soraya Saga said that everything we've seen so far are teasers.

I would assume that if the game still has a 2014 release, then we'll get a proper trailer at E3. That's when we'll probably learn about the real name of the game, story, characters and other additional details.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
I am really excited for this game,even more after seeing the gameplay footage in Nintendo Direct,I love Xenoblade and I wish they will create a successfull jrpg series that will become a huge name in the RPG world
Also I hope that Xenoblade will encourage more jrpg developers to develop big jrpg titles,maybe with the help of Nintendo

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Probably just not ready to reveal it. We still haven't received a proper trailer yet. Soraya Saga said that everything we've seen so far are teasers.

I would assume that if the game still has a 2014 release, then we'll get a proper trailer at E3. That's when we'll probably learn about the real name of the game, story, characters and other additional details.
This is like Final Fantasy Versus XIII/XV all over again. XD

I don't want to get my hopes up to high, but hopefully all that is shown at E3 2014. :- )

Sep 26, 2013
Except it's not because when SquareEnix revealed Versus/XV for the first time at E3 2006, it was barely in development and what you saw was concept footage. They had no gameplay or anything built yet. They were just showing you an idea they had.

Monolith Soft's new title has been in development for several years now and they've been showing us gameplay since the first teaser. It took SquareEnix over 4 years to finally show us gameplay.

Unlike SE, they waited.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
A bit more reassuring after the last N Direct with it had Iwata specifically saying 2014 in the JP one, but gave a "stay tuned for more updates" in the EU/US ones. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it slips to 2015 in the West, though. Unless they're already hard at work on localising.

The "document" smells like bullshit. I honestly don't think this will be released this year. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Now, I find it kind of ironic that this is the only game in the three systems that actually looks and feels "next-gen"... and it's a Wii U exclusive, lol

Sep 26, 2013
It's not bullshit. It comes straight from Nintendo's Financial Results Briefing. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140508e.pdf

As it says in fine print though, dates are subject to change.

However, keep in mind that Monolith Soft's new title has been in development for a while. Xenoblade Chronicles did come out June 10, 2010 in Japan after all. It has at least a good 3+ years under its belt.

Last edited: