A message from Tetsuya Nomura in Memorial Ultimania

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
From SQEX.INFO

Message from Tetsuya Nomura

If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create. Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, it’s a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, it’s been over 10 years and yet we haven’t reached a conclusion.

This battle will surely last longer.

In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey.

When I think about it, I had an explosive mindset when I made the first Kingdom Hearts as well.

Thus when I look back at all the material, I feel that fever again. Fans who will continue the journey so far alongside Sora and his friends will also recall their own feverish enthusiasm. With that passion, we will not lose to darkness, and Sora’s journey will continue onwards.

The journey still continues, but I would be overjoyed if you stuck with us until the very end.
What? This is dark stuff. How did PR let this stuff out?

I think I should have put it on the FFXV board, if you know what I mean. Thoughts?

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Though thinking about it... he said the same thing for KH I didn't he?

Takeaway that I didn't know: KH 3 isn't the last KH. I didn't know that lol.

Like Gematsu interpreted:
It sounds like perhaps he did not leave his position as director of Final Fantasy XV on the best terms and is funneling that rage into his other projects, primarily Kingdom Hearts III. Also judging by his comment, he doesn’t intend for Kingdom Hearts III to be the final title in the series, but that remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Kingdom Hearts III is suppose to be the final game of the Xehanort saga or something like that.

I think he'll be done working at Square Enix after Kingdom Hearts III comes out. I wouldn't want to continue working for a company after spending 8 years on a pet project only to be kicked off it.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Ehh This message tells me otherwise. Especially the "I myself cannot lose either" and "This battle will surely last longer."

A lot of tells me he's going to be staying and he'll prove them wrong with KH3 and past it.

Last edited:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
@Squirrel Emperor Lol I guess. :p

The way I interpreted is that it's not just about KHIII, it's about the KH series as a whole past it and he'd be staying on it till the end and even past that. That's how I see it. I mean, it could still happen, but Nomura is Nomura and his comments from this suggest to me he's not kicking the bucket at SE right after KHIII.

Last edited: