BROTHERHOOD Final Fantasy XV - Episode 2

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Maybe she's a little obsessed over Noctis because she loves him...? Did you guys forget about that? Luna is the Oracle of the world, she has a duty to protect the world, and knows that Noctis is also the key to saving the world. The prophesy fortells a day when the king will battle against the darkness and bring peace to the world. Everything that is done in Kingsglaive is for the future king, it's for the the sake of the people of the entire world. Without Noctis, the world will be plunged into darkness forevermore. When the world is in ruin and the skies are blackened, there is one person who can stop Niflheim, retake the crystal, reclaim his throne, and save the world from destruction.

I think that's a pretty good reason to be obsessed over him, especially when you're romantically in love with him.
It's not that Luna is a bad character or that her being obsessed with Noctis is a bad thing, it's just that we've got a movie and several anime scenes focusing on her and that's pretty much all that defines her so far. Being the oracle of the world just feels like it is there to serve as a reason for why she is obsessed with Noctis. There isn't anything else and that's what the trailers and such are focusing on. But I don't want to just see her devotion to Noctis. Let us see what else there is to her that makes her the games heroine and not just a plot device, is what I'm asking.

Because that's what Luna feels like. Just a plot device.