Final Fantasy X-3 Not Happening, Square Enix Confirms

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Not in development doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen.

However, after the abomination of continuity they've done with the novella and audio drama, I sincerely hope they don't carry it on.

The only reason I'd want them to make X-3 now is if it completely retcons the bullshit they've added, and goes along a very different path, i.e. a good one.

I wonder if they were planning on making something sooner, but the bad feedback from the new story has made them think twice. They simply cannot leave the canon on such an awful piece of crap, though. Which is why I do hope a X-3 wipes this completely clean.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Meh. I'd prefer they work on a new numbered entry or IP anyway. We've had enough sequels of late.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Seriously, like what I said in the thread I made here a while back here "Did they just ruin FFX/X-2 happy ending" and that was for the audio drama. I recently found out about the novel. Call me sensitive but I actually felt a bit disturbed, It's ridiculous. Sounds like a poorly written fanfic. I'm disappointed, SquareEnix you better fix this travesty!!! Even if it means announcing the novel and audio drama as non-cannon and a retcon. Why did they even do this to begin with *sigh* ...

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
I have this AU in mind where the novel and the audio drama doesn't happen plotline-wise, but there're still Chuami and Kurgum, but their story is set ten years after Final Fantasy X-2: Last Mission.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
This is good news, though it begs the question why they felt the need to expand on the ending of FFX at all. It was perfectly fine as-is, fan service or not, and the novel, if taken as canon, really destroys X-2, and even parts of X. It's dumb. That said, if nothing is coming off it, I shall just erase it from my personal canon... haha.

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
What is seen cannot be unseen~ But on a serious note i was really disappointed by the Audio Drama and now especially since there is no purpose to it. I was never one to support such sequels but the fact that they ruined such a good ending boils me up. I did find even the second game pointless, but the ending wasn't bad. Ruining the good ending and leaving us with this was a bad shock. Still i hope no sequel is announced even in the future and can just get a new numbered game.