Final Fantasy XIV 2.0

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Aethergoggles

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 30, 2013
Aylesbury, UK
Hi all, new member. I'm a friend of Ehren's and joined in phase 3.

I'm addicted to this game and try and get on any time I can even if it's just to sit around and craft and chat, which I have been doing.

I haven't been on much the past two weeks as I just went through a move too but now just getting back in the swing of things. I main a GLA which is at 26 but am currently tinkering with all the other classes for versatility and cross class skills. Really looking forward to PLD too.

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
I've been playing since I got my new computer (which honestly I somehow managed to get a hold of it the day XIV came out so it was really nice) . I was really excited for this the moment I heard I was getting a new computer (I had no intention of playing it otherwise, even though I've had a PS3 for ~2 years now) And holy sweet mother of Etro, it is fantastic. I really do love the battle system, and everything about it. I'm really excited for player housing. (Crossing my fingers for more item storage somehow with that.)

I'm only a lowly lvl 30 arcanist fem lalafell on Behemoth though I'm procrastinating lvling up THM to be summoner ;; Although I've been doing /a lot/ of crafting lately.

Guy Gamer

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Been playing since Closed Beta Phase 2 and still haven't found myself bored with it at all. Gorgeous game through and through, and it has plenty to keep you coming back for more. Whether I should be ashamed or not, I'm unsure, but I have a ttendency to play for at least 6 hours a day, between one thing and another.
Wouldn't be ashamed, I tend to play a ton right now. I'm enjoying myself so screw it.

Chaos

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 27, 2013
Oregon
chaos1950.tumblr.com
I bought Final Fantasy 14 when it first came out, but I didn't play it for very long. I'm sure most of you all know how horrible 1.0 was when it was released. I dropped the game then and while I had interest in coming back during the legacy campaign, I held off since I was still playing Final Fantasy XI. With that being said, 2.0 is amazing and I'm really enjoying it even. Me and my old FFXI friends are on Hyperion, but we're thinking of changing servers once the free server transfers pop up. I'm a duskwight black mage, not too interested in other jobs at the moment. I'm waiting to see what that musketeer will be like when it's released.

Aethergoggles

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 30, 2013
Aylesbury, UK
I bought Final Fantasy 14 when it first came out, but I didn't play it for very long. I'm sure most of you all know how horrible 1.0 was when it was released. I dropped the game then and while I had interest in coming back during the legacy campaign, I held off since I was still playing Final Fantasy XI. With that being said, 2.0 is amazing and I'm really enjoying it even. Me and my old FFXI friends are on Hyperion, but we're thinking of changing servers once the free server transfers pop up. I'm a duskwight black mage, not too interested in other jobs at the moment. I'm waiting to see what that musketeer will be like when it's released.
Aww but then you could meet up with us, I meet hardly anyone else on forums who is on Hyperion.

Though generally I'm finding the server a bit stale and uncommunicative at times, could be cause its a legacy server... im guessing they probably won't allow transfer from legacy to normal.

Last edited:

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Legacy player here who was lucky enough to be in the original FFXIV 1.0 alpha, beta then 2.0 alpha and beta. I got the game when it was first released then played 1 month until I couldn't bear it anymore then stopped. I hopped back into the game 4 months prior to the end of 1.0 and got my WAR to 50 and participated in the ending event.

Been through all that, I have to say, 2.0 really earned its name: A Realm Reborn; it not only improved on everything I could ever imagined, it surpassed any expectation I had. I've played non-stop (but moderately) since the relaunch as a conjurer (then White Mage), and loving every single minute of it. As of two nights ago, I'm at the very last dungeon before the main story line ends, so I'm looking forward to finish that this weekend and start on end game.

My 3 months subscription had already paid and I can see me spending a lot of time in Eorzea.

For anyone who are still hesitate about this game, I suggest reading reviews from all gaming website. Most of them give very genuine unbiased positive review of the game. You don't need to like or have played other MMOs to love this game and you can definitely solo through almost the entire game except for a few dungeons, in which you will be introduced to the Duty Finder function and get paired up with other adventurers like you. All you need to know is to understand what you class/job is and perform! I have not had that much fun playing a Final Fantasy game in a very long time, and I've been loving the series since 1995.

See you all in Eorzea! I'm in Balmung server: Sorata Ifrit.

Chaos

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 27, 2013
Oregon
chaos1950.tumblr.com
Aww but then you could meet up with us, I meet hardly anyone else on forums who is on Hyperion.

Though generally I'm finding the server a bit stale and uncommunicative at times, could be cause its a legacy server... im guessing they probably won't allow transfer from legacy to normal.
From my understanding they won't, if we where to server transfer our only options are other legacy servers like Balmung, Sargantanas (sp?), Masamune, etc. etc.

I applied for the beta for the heck of it and got in during Phase 3. I'd never played an MMO before that (unless you count about 20 minutes of SWTOR), but wow, I fell in love with the game and pre-ordered my first night of playing. It's a bit of a learning curve so far (what do all these abbreviations stand for???), but people have been really helpful and the game is just crazy fun.

I'm currently a level 23 Archer, been doing crafting & gathering as well (Weaver, Botanist, and Leatherworker). Once we get a few more people interested, I'll be starting a Free Company.

Feel free to send a friend request to Eda Lefchild if you're on Ultros.

Varnis

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 9, 2013
Australia
I've been playing this since Alpha Test, and It's been really fun so far and I can't wait for my friends to finally catch up so we can run through some Dungeons together.

Sooooo...anyone interested in Heavensward?

I've not touched the game since early August, so I've been out of the loop for the last few months, but the promise of Ishgard (to no one's surprise!), legions of dragoons, Dravania, floating landmasses, the possibility of a samurai job, and FC airships is making it irresistible. I just fear that my small little Free Company has since collapsed, so I wish to see who else here on Mognet regularly plays the game and whether it's possible for me to intrude into your clans.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Sooooo...anyone interested in Heavensward?

I've not touched the game since early August, so I've been out of the loop for the last few months, but the promise of Ishgard (to no one's surprise!), legions of dragoons, Dravania, floating landmasses, the possibility of a samurai job, and FC airships is making it irresistible. I just fear that my small little Free Company has since collapsed, so I wish to see who else here on Mognet regularly plays the game and whether it's possible for me to intrude into your clans.
I'm still in the game. Still loving it. I will get the expansion pack aka 3.0.

Balmung server: Sorata Ifrit. I belong to a LGBT friendly FC, Unity, but not exclusive to LGBT members.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I love this game, my character is Yuki Shiku from Behemoth. I was at the fan festival this weekend, had a blast, loved seeing all the new stuff and hanging out with a few friends from my server. My static has cleared T8 a few times now, next is to down Ramuh EX (finally) and start practicing T9.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Fan Fest was amazing, I'm on the left (ignore how shitty I look) with some of my friends.

Was lots of fun, excited for the expansion and the 2.4 patch in a few days!