Final Fantasy XV - Is on the "Important Phase" according to Tabata

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
http://sqex.info/

Tabata:Final Fantasy XV comes first. The other day I participated in an official announcement as Co. Director, but the Type-0 team was all there with me, and development is progressing well. Hereafter the engine development and game development side are coming along steadily and it’s breaking into an important phase.

What can this imply? What phase is considered "important"?

I don't speak developer language. =(

Surely "important phase" is uhh, actually developing the damn thing. I mean, what good is there in pre-production, concept work, R&D, thinking about manufacturing, shipment costs, thinking about returns, etc. if there's no game? =P

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Well, I know that. Game and Engine are on the important phase. Obviously, they aren't finished yet :p. What I want to know is what is the important phase :p.

It's also not old this interview came out today :p.
Who knows what it means? I mean, he didn't say anything else regarding the game so it's probably a bunch of talk.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Exentryk at GameFaqs said the original Famitsu article is from last September. I was right. Nothing to see here folks.
Well, that just makes me even more curious.. If 7-8 months ago was an "important phase", they should be through that "phase" by now. Which makes me think, what "phase are they on now in Game and Engine?

1) September they said they are on a Important phase
2) In February, they said they are far into development, and FFXV is high priority.

Here this now, make me think they are a lot father along than I thought they were.