HARD TO COME BY

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
As you get older are you finding that your tastes in games have matured? And that now you find it quite difficult to find a decent game you can enjoy since you've become so picky?

I've found this to be true. As a preteen and a teen it was hard for me to get games. So I rarely got to play them. But when I did I play any RPG I could get that was anime-influenced art and wasn't a horror style story. But now, even with 2 jobs it's hard to buy games and yet I find myself not buying them usually. Often times they don't fit what I like. When it comes to buying a game here are my go-to features I look for.

1) anime style art (ex. KH games, Tales, FFs, Wild ARMs, Xenosaga, Chrono Cross, etc.)
2) deep story that's long
3) entire cast talks (no mute leads)
4) cutscenes with martial arts
5) sci-fi or fantasy, or a mix, no real-life.
6) no cute for the sake of cute characters or story
7) no sex comedy or 4th wall breaking
8) no pointless gore or hyper grittiness (don't wanna see a 8 yr old get raped and killed just to show how bad someone is)
9) should be on Sony systems (I tried the other systems, they controller aren't for me)
10) a continue plus is a nice bonus but not a must

Sep 26, 2013
Well... Been gaming for over 20 years now so I do know what I like and don't like.

I don't really have some rule to go by as it varies with each game. However, creativity is very important to me, which is something I think Japanese and Indie games do a better job at then western games.