In a E3 2013 Interview..

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Some fans have been curious about the bottom-left part of the screen that appears to indicate a variety of weapons. According to Nomura, it was originally set in a way where weapons would automatically switch according to the combo structures. This has since then been changed, allowing players to have the option to select their own weapons at all times. In regards to other commands and gauges, Nomura will be revealing more in the near future.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/2...sy-xv-and-kingdom-hearts/#mP5EHLRgR6TtXLFx.99

------------------------------

So last year, Nomura stated that weapon switching, Allowing the players to have the "option" to selcet our own weapons.

The Automatic was already in place, but this interview says we have the option to change weapons. Tabata stated that he wants to preserve Nomura's vision ( obviously because he's been on the project for 7 years of course you better preserve it! lol)

With all that in mind, I think everyone is overreacting about the combat system and how there is no choice to change to a manual mode.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
People forget Nomura built this game, giving directions and Taba simply does the production day to day stuff since SE now needs Nomura for KH3. What is in the live footage and soon to be demo is a reflection of the previous director. however he never really gave much input on the button mechanics, probably because he didnt get that far.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Didn't think it bothered people, now I feel kinda down :(
Hey, it's still useful information regardless, I don't even remember seeing that in the old interview, so thank you for pointing it out! I talk with my cousin about this a lot, I've sent him this information to discuss later.

Don't feel down!

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
I only put it in another thread because:

1) It is potentially useful information since 2013 gameplay is still very much relevant in the 2014 gameplay ( in fact when you look at both gameplay videos (2013/2014), It's hard to notice any difference between the two.
2) If I were to put this information in another thread, it has potential to be missed by alot of people.

I only make new threads if their's potential new info to be had.

However, if it really bothers people I shall stop posting new threads :p, No harm no foul!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It honestly doesn't bother me to much, but then I think how this is a Final Fantasy section, but if it was "Final Fantasy XV' section then it wouldn't bother me at all.

And don't feel down, all the new info and updates are nice! :)
You changed your avatar again... :(
Where is the Crystal Power avatar thread?