KH Worlds outside Disney's Core - What would you want?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
So, Kingdom Hearts has pretty handily mined the Disney cartoon stuff. There's a few they haven't done - I'd love to see them do something with the cartoon version of Robin Hood (the one with the fox), for instance - but Disney is of course a massive, gigantic group now with much more than those classic cartoons from 30-50 years ago in their stable.

The thing about KH is that it seems Disney has restricted the series only to stuff considered 'core' Disney. For a while Pixar wasn't considered this, but it appears it has now been inducted into that, with Pixar and regular Disney characters interacting in things like Disney Infinity. Most people, myself included, consider a couple of Pixar worlds a shoe-in for KH3.

But what about beyond that?

Disney owns all of Marvel Comics. Disney owns all of LucasFilm - not just Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but also things like Howard the Duck and The Land Before Time. They also own The Muppets Studio.

Beyond that, there's a suite of movies and franchises Disney owns the rights to that aren't considered part of the 'core' Disney - but with both Tron and Pirates of the Carribean making the jump to KH, what's to stop things like Mary Poppins, National Treasure (Nic Cage in KH, lol), or something more recent like Oz The Great & Powerful?

What from Disney's extended catalogue would you like to see? It probably won't happen, but let's dream.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Wait, they own Land Before Time? FFFFFFFFUUUU- BRB, exploding.

I'm honestly pretty much cool with whatever. It'd be nice to see some Pixar stuff in the mix though, for sure.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
A Land Before Time world might be awesome. I for one ADORED the Pride Lands in KH2. I wanted a lion Sora plushie! I have trouble finding some Pixar movies that'd fit well with the whole heartless have invaded thing though. I want Toy Story to be in it but I can't imagine it.

Chaos

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 27, 2013
Oregon
chaos1950.tumblr.com
Being an old Star Wars nerd I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Wars related world. Sora, Donald and Goofy helping rescue Princess Leia from the Death Star, and then aiding in the assault on the Death Star with a gummi ship. Getting a Lightsaber style keyblade would be wicked.

Also I love super heroes, so New York City with Spider-Man would be pretty amazing too.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I feel like I'd want Indy more than Star Wars. If you did a Star Wars world, what planet would it be and stuff? It's such a wide universe! You can create a catch-all Indy world quite easily, though.

Not sure if Indiana Jones is popular in Japan, mind. Not that this'll ever happen anyway!

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I'm not sure who made Titan A.E but I watched it yesterday and I think it would make a good world. Even though technically it takes place on space ships for 90% of the movie. Earth make an appearence!

Griffin 325

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 9, 2013
Chicago, Illinios
I'd love to see a world based Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away( with "The Dragon Boy" as the battle theme), and as far as Pixar goes, Monstropolis would work the best. I'd also like to have Kermit the Frog and Buzz & Woody as summons. lol

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
I'd like to see Pocahontas and Tangled, and maybe The Hunchback of Notre Dame as from what I saw from gameplay videos of Kingdom Hearts 3D (I haven't played that game) the plot wasn't something thrilling. The Little Mermaid II: Back to the Sea would be cool to see.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Here is a list of what is considered to be a "core" Disney film. Meaning it was animated and produced within the classic Walt Disney Animation Studios. There's still quite a bit left that SE hasn't touched (mainly early 80's, and 2000's aside from Lilo and Stitch) - I think the largest of what's left (in my opinion) would be Rescuers (Down Under), Lady and the Tramp, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph.

Here is your Pixar film list. All of this is gold.

Studio Ghibli is it's own thing. Disney is their distribution partner, but don't think they own the rights or anything.

And there is also the non-film stuff that came via The Disney Afternoon (DuckTales, Tail Spin, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing).

They also have another studio - DisneyToon Studios - that mainly makes direct-to-vid sequels to everything made from the main studio. The last film this studio made was Planes which is an outright Disney creation and not part of the Pixar sub-brand.