New interpretation of Insomnia

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
this is a random thought (it might not even be "new), but after the death motif being removed (meaning actual death worship) i always questioned myself

what justifies now the black color in the culture of insomnia?

but if you realize whats behind the creation of the monarchy and the city it becomes clear, the entire culture was built in the idea of the incoming darkness, of the apocalipse in a sense; you even have an obelisk with a dark prophecy written on it in the middle of the city, with angel/reaper statues around; then we have a crystal that drains the life of the kings, self-sacrifice is ever present; kings that should stand constantly on guard because the apocalipse could come at any given time; which explains the name, the black predominance and why the city is a bit gothic.

just a headcanon but it makes sense.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Black is the color of mourning (at least in the West). Insomnia not only knows that an apocalyptic darkness is coming, but it knows the cost of confronting that apocalypse and that its royal family is the one to bear that burden. I think the motifs makes just as much sense for Insomnia now as it did before, honestly.