Points that indicate Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is secretly working on FFXVI

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
*reads thread*

From the looks of it, hearts will break hard if he's not directing FFXVI.

A wrecking ball in the balls if he's working on a mobile game.
Yeah, there's a growing number of people that want him on FFXVI. Personally, I'm 80% sure he's already on it, so I know I'm not set for disappointment. Even in the very unlikely chance that he's not, I've still got FFXII HD Remaster to look forward to.

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
If anything, I want to play XII again..... but everything remastered of course. My PS2 is still alive and kicking just to play some of my favorite games (including XII) but I'm not sure how much she has left in her........

Hoping a XII HD remaster happens. I don't care how long it will take til I hear it's announcement.
Someone did say that XII's 10th anniversary is closing in so I'm crossing fingers for it to be announced then.
Hopefully! I just need a confirmation that they're in fact making it to be happy. I don't care if it's for PS3 or PS4 (I'm buying one for when the XV dem... oops! for when Type-0 is released), but I NEED AN HD REMASTER!

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Someone did say that XII's 10th anniversary is closing in so I'm crossing fingers for it to be announced then.
Almost 10 years since FFXII and we really got only one mainline FF game (XIII) and an MMO (XIV). It's a sad reality we live in...

And about the OP, some of your points are valid, but honestly some of them seem too much like wishful thinking (25th, seriously?).
It surely wouldn't hurt if you were right, though.:D

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Please be right about that.
FFXII HD Remaster will definitely be released, but only after FFXV. I see it being either announced or released in 2016, which is FFXII's 10th anniversary.

Almost 10 years since FFXII and we really got only one mainline FF game (XIII) and an MMO (XIV). It's a sad reality we live in...

And about the OP, some of your points are valid, but honestly some of them seem too much like wishful thinking (25th, seriously?).
It surely wouldn't hurt if you were right, though.:D
You mean 30th anniversary, right? If it announced in 2016 instead, it will likely release in 2017 as the big FF 30th anniversary title. For reference, FFXII IZJS was released as the big FF 20th anniversary title in Japan.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Square Enix's 30th anniversary is also Final Fantasy VII's 20th anniversary.

We had a bunch of games that were branded as 20th anniversary titles so perhaps we'll get more then one again for the 30th anniversary?

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Square Enix's 30th anniversary is also Final Fantasy VII's 20th anniversary.

We had a bunch of games that were branded as 20th anniversary titles so perhaps we'll get more then one again for the 30th anniversary?
Exactly. Also, 2017 being FFVII 20th Anniversary is the main reason why I don't think Kitase/Toriyama will make another mainline FF anytime soon. I'm sure their next project is a FFVII game, which they plan to announce or released in 2017. Kitase already confirmed that FFVII G-Bike was a prelude of things to come.

Therefore, it's really only Ito that's free enough to make FFXVI at this point. Everybody else at this company has something big on their plate. Anyway, I plan to tweet Akitoshi Kawazu and ask for an update on Ito. If he replies to my tweet, I'll post it in this thread. He's replied to some of my tweets in the past, but he's also ignored some of them. It depends on the wording of my question, I think. If I'm too direct, he won't respond due to not wanting to break NDA. The reason why I want to ask Kawazu specifically is because I have a strong feeling he'll be the Executive Producer of FFXVI, as he was Executive Produce of both FFXII and The Last Remnant, which according to my evidence, is the merged development team making FFXVI.

Also, I'm sure both FFXVI and Dissidia 011 will be FF 30th Anniversary projects. I'm really excited to see both of these announced! :)

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
If we do get an HD remaster for XII, I hope we get the International version overseas. Heard through the grapevine that version is superior to the one released here in North America.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
If we do get an HD remaster for XII, I hope we get the International version overseas. Heard through the grapevine that version is superior to the one released here in North America.
I'm sure it will be the International version. I even still have hope they'll add bonus content to make up for the lack of a direct sequel like how FFX HD included FFX-2 HD.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Revenant Wings cutscenes in HD expected :cactuar:
I thought so to, but I think they plan to port the game to iOS/Android instead, as it has fully uses touch screen gameplay. FFXII HD will only include FFXII. Therefore, that being the case, they'll likely add additional content on top of it being the International version. Maybe they'll even make Montblanc playable like in FFTA! :happy: