Pokemon X/Y Get-Together and Thoughts Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
Since X/Y's out now, why not have a thread for people to talk about the game and maybe even get together within the game? You can use this thread for general thoughts, asking for Pokemon via trades, getting battles together, 3DS Friend Code swapping (for the Pokemanz, of course), and other such things.

So, er, yeah. Go crazy. I have Y, and my Friend Code's 4554 0674 7726, so just lemme know if you add me. :p I also don't mind random battle requests... I'm pretty bad and will probably just be an easy win, too ;D

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I don't own a 3DS yet. How are they? I heard about a Charizard X and Y form, whatever that is. I might get a 3DS on December though, so if i'm interested enough I might get it along with Animal Crossing and KH3D.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Something in particular is striking me quite strongly about X & Y - the Western style game world setting. I really like it. Pokemon has typically been based around Japan, but by having a different take this game has a really different style of towns and things like that. It really struck me early on when you visit the castle, which is very obviously and deliberately European style and talks about Medieval-style wars fought with Pokemon hundreds of years ago. It's very interesting! Nice change.

cosmicblizzard

Some author guy
Oct 1, 2013
New Jersey
www.amazon.com
Something in particular is striking me quite strongly about X & Y - the Western style game world setting. I really like it. Pokemon has typically been based around Japan, but by having a different take this game has a really different style of towns and things like that. It really struck me early on when you visit the castle, which is very obviously and deliberately European style and talks about Medieval-style wars fought with Pokemon hundreds of years ago. It's very interesting! Nice change.
Did you play Black and/or White? Unova is modeled after North America, which is the first region based on the western world.

gaiages

Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
Honestly, I felt Castelia City was 'American' enough, but the rest of the cities in B/W were not very striking in their style--they were still the same old Pokemon cities. X/Y's style bleeds into most of the cities beyond the 'main' one in terms of style, even if in a few towns it's a bit subdued.

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
So, I beat the Elite Four and the champion yesterday. I think that the EXP Share is a little broken because I didn't have to do any serious grinding like I did in previous games. Seriously, by the end of Victory Road I was rocking lvl 70+ Pokémon (Blaziken was 76) without any long-term grinding like I had to before.

Other than that, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The whole game wasn't just an improvement in the way it looked, but also the way it "felt", especially after B/W, which were also very good.

gaiages

Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
So, I beat the Elite Four and the champion yesterday. I think that the EXP Share is a little broken because I didn't have to do any serious grinding like I did in previous games. Seriously, by the end of Victory Road I was rocking lvl 70+ Pokémon (Blaziken was 76) without any long-term grinding like I had to before.

Other than that, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The whole game wasn't just an improvement in the way it looked, but also the way it "felt", especially after B/W, which were also very good.
I do agree that the Exp Share is a bit crazy--heck, I've been using a traded Pokemon (Litleo, cuz I fail at catching things) and it comes dangerously close to not listening to me before I get the next badge. That's never happened to me before! Also my other Pokemon seem overleveled and so forth.

What I do like about it, though, is that I can switch my party around fairly often and not have to worry about leveling so much. If they're underleveled, they can just sit in the party and catch up easily enough. Also, that's cool for Pokedex completionists like me that want to evolve everything :p

But yeah, it feels like there could have been a much better balance with the Exp Share. :(

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I saw that Egoraptor was in the games, sorta. I also heard that Xenanort appearred in one of the earlier games...I might buy one just to see all the references they could fit in it.