Tetsuya Nomura, is he the key to it all?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is Tetsuya Nomura in a sense Yoshinori Kitase?

• Total voters

Loki Darkstrom

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 3, 2014
Valhalla
Ever since I've seen his name on Final Fantasy VII, he has become the biggest known people of Japan. Known for character designs and the Kingdom Hearts series, he's leaving a path of gold bricks if not silver for himself. The question is what can he give to Final Fantasy in return? Let's face it, while I am an undying fan of Final Fantasy, the spark is no longer leaving a mark in the Final Fantasy legacy. Final Fantasy XIV was the blow to the gut for Square Enix along with Final Fantasy XIII. It's till perhaps now we are seeing the recovery, but it's seem that the better chance is the next numbered game. Tetsuya has a knack for throwing a good story along with something that everyone can enjoy, even if it's taking almost an eternity to complete this game. Bits and pieces have been shown here and there but we are yet to see more (hopefully this year's E3). Final Fantasy XV is taking the good old roots of the crystal stories from before and blending that with something a bit more realistic. Thus far the story in complete aspect is not known except that it is a war for the last remaining crystal, but if fans know Tetsuya's history of games, then this will not be a proven failure. How about it? Can Tetsuya Nomura be one the fated to bring Final Fantasy back to it's once former glory or is it all too late for the series?

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Personally, 1 FF ( FFXIII) doesn't make it "lose" it's magic. FFXII was kinda swept under the rug ( FFXII is an awesome game to me) because it launched when the PS3 launch naturally people are going to be hooked on the next gen ( which was a huge leap). I don't consider MMO's as part of the "mainline" series. FFXI ( which was extremely awesome) and FFXIV 1.0 ( which is lacking in a lot of different areas) don't count.

People have different answers as to when FF lost it's "magic". It's a question without a definite answer.

FFXV will surely/should reunite all the fans that love FF as it once was for those people.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Hard to say. One thing people criticize him for is that he's all style over substance and I can see that being the case with FFXV too.

But he's never directed a Final Fantasy game before so we'll have to wait and see.

Sep 29, 2013
Square Enix could have all of the greatest developers in the world and it wont matter if their management continues to fail them and have them running around making sequels/spinoffs/mobile games that nobody asked for.

IMO Square Enix has the talent to be the top third party publisher in the industry but their talent is wasted most of the time.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I don't know. I will say this, it seems like "yes". Ever since 7 Nomura is the go-to-guy for character ideas, plot, and he's even gotten into directing and music selection (FF7AC). FF9 was 3D but tried to do the old chara designs and world found in 1-6, but after that game they've abandoned that way of doing things and gone more realistic anime than chibi. I think Nomura should be a director, writer, character designer, but not take Kitase's spot. I doubt that'd be a good idea. People often mock Nomura already, if he takes that seat and ends up the fall guy for anything that goes wrong we may end up seeing him resign.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
Its too hard to say now. Nobody finished FF15 game who knows? maybe its don't even good as we want. maybe its a boring story with boring gameplay nobody know yet. Remember Square Enix always know how to make fantastic trailers.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
You're saying the trailer could be cool but the game could be poorly made and boring in story? I guess it's possible. but after so long, they'd have time to polish it off and do it right.