The truth about FFXVersus XIII

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Apr 23, 2018
I personally think that the numerous leaks about versus xiii's true nature that are floating on the net all have some validity, but also have a lot of "other stuff" that is added from the perspective of the person delivering the leak.
This is pretty much what I think. To my knowledge there hasn't been an innumerable number of plot leaks surrounding Versus XIII, I could probably count them on one hand. Obviously people have taken some leaks and made some variations but there are a lot of reoccurring plot points that keep surfacing in most of them. And if you consider how many times the story was changed it's not unlikely that there's some truth in those leaks, coincidental or not.

But honestly I think XV has pretty much the same beats that Versus was going to have. Most of the changes being related to distancing itself from the FNC mythology, having to re-purpose characters that were closely tied to that (Stella and maybe Ardyn) and removing any unnecessarily confusing plot devices (Nomura-isms) like dream worlds and time travel. Now VsXIII may have been slightly darker than XV but I think that mostly comes from the whole death worship stuff they were courting and even possible 'leaked' character deaths such as Stella, Prompto and Gladio which supposedly happen late in the story. So the first chapter was maybe just as much of a lighthearted road trip as XV but things got darker in the later acts of VsXIII more than in XV. But now I'm getting too speculative again so I'll shut up ;)

Hyperion

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 8, 2018
This is pretty much what I think. To my knowledge there hasn't been an innumerable number of plot leaks surrounding Versus XIII, I could probably count them on one hand. Obviously people have taken some leaks and made some variations but there are a lot of reoccurring plot points that keep surfacing in most of them. And if you consider how many times the story was changed it's not unlikely that there's some truth in those leaks, coincidental or not.

But honestly I think XV has pretty much the same beats that Versus was going to have. Most of the changes being related to distancing itself from the FNC mythology, having to re-purpose characters that were closely tied to that (Stella and maybe Ardyn) and removing any unnecessarily confusing plot devices (Nomura-isms) like dream worlds and time travel. Now VsXIII may have been slightly darker than XV but I think that mostly comes from the whole death worship stuff they were courting and even possible 'leaked' character deaths such as Stella, Prompto and Gladio which supposedly happen late in the story. So the first chapter was maybe just as much of a lighthearted road trip as XV but things got darker in the later acts of VsXIII more than in XV. But now I'm getting too speculative again so I'll shut up ;)
I agree. It's like what people have said in the past. If Versus XIII was as good as people think it was going to be, they would've released it. People hang on the idea that Nojima, Nomura and Kitase are incapable of making a dud, but these are human beings, not Shakespearean Gods. Things got removed because of the scenario change with the Invasion, and that can be explained with Regis' vision. Luna and Noct don't have the Invasion Party scene, because they haven't seen each other in over a decade, and if the goal was to meet up with her in Altissia for the wedding, it makes no sense for that scene to take place. Not unless they were to write it where she heads to Insomnia like in Kingsglaive but Noct is still there, the Invasion happens, and then you're basically on the journey to look for Luna throughout Lucis this whole time... And THEN you find her in Altissia. And Stella was changed because her role wasn't even the same, people would've complained if she had stayed, and who knows if she was meant to be around for the full length of the game anyway.

As for the dark stuff... It's still pretty dark. You're just too busy on a road trip to have it being in your face so often, but the darkness is there. Maybe not the "we worship the Reaper and death is love" type of stuff, but when you really think about it... The elements of XV are dark as shit.

Everything else, you can probably chalk that up to a lack of time due to contractual agreements and having to release it in 2016. If XV came out this year instead, I guarantee it would've had the polish that people wanted so much. Or even 2019. And this is why I'm not worried about the FF7 Remake at all, because I remember how people were whining about the delay for XV, and now, people realized just how much more time it needed.

So with thinking it over, I agree, we essentially got Versus XIII. It's like if you had a Thanksgiving meal that wasn't fully cooked and you're hurrying to finish it because people are hungry, so you serve what IS cooked and try to deliver out the rest once it's done -- Yeah, you'd rather the damn turkey and all be ready right then and there, but things happen, and at least you're getting to eat relatively well instead of dinner being canceled and you gotta order Dominos. Same thing. It would've been great if XV came out polished and whatnot, but imagine if the game just got canceled and that was the end of that. Given the scenario, it could've been much worse.

But... Who knows. I do have a feeling that they may toss the Versus fans a bone or with these 2019 DLCs and wrap up the XV saga. Since alternate realities are a thing, it opens up a lot of different possibilities in terms of where they could go, and if so, people could just call the alternate version canon if that's what pleases them more. We'd have to see.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
" 2. Stella, she was just the plot device for Noctis and other character (that will upset you) to fulfill their destiny. She dies early in the story and like Luna THEY NEVER EVER seeing again each other after the party. Luna in fact respected LOT OF STELLA, MORE THAN YOU THINK. The thing is when she dies, I was not told how, is when it comes into the story the next change or in this case OMISSION."

From this "plot leak"

You're treating Luna and Stella like they're comparable. They aren't. As I've said before, a lot of the shift from V13 to 15 was about maintaining an image to keep fans and hype from V13 going, so they needed a blonde chick to replace Stella, and that's Luna. Luna isn't a slightly rewritten Stella, its a completely different character. The point is, things have significantly changed in the game since then. And they're still changing now, 4 months before release

From the actual XV plot leak

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/4cha...y-xv-spoilers-plot-gameplay-dev-talk.1233181/

This also debunks the whole she dies early in the story

She turns unwillingly hostile towards Noctis and his companions due to unknown reasons.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2010/08/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-all-the-details-so-far#GbwDMPF9cebQWrml.99

Last edited: