Translation company interested in the Ultimania guides

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing this. It would be great if this could wind up other places, because I really want to see this succeed.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
How much do these things sell for in Japan, converted, approximately? Like, how much would they likely end up going on sale for here, if translated?

I mean, I'd likely end up buying a lot of these, for FF7, 8, 9, 10...maybe 12, and who knows about 13. I imagine I'd be talking at least £100 or more?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Definitely interesting, however, where exactly did news of this spread from? It seems a bit strange for Interbooks to not make some official statement about this, and instead, opt to only create a petition about it on a website and make no other attempt to publicize the effort from an end that would reach a wider audience. I tried looking in to this more, as I would love to see this happen, and I'm not finding really anything other than people finding the change.org petition and talking about it. More strangely, I see a post on NeoGAF and one user who lists two "updates", yet I see no mention of these updates on the change.org page. Why wouldn't a company whose focus is to "make the japanese world accessible to the people overseas" make more of an effort to publicize this? I don't want to seem negative about any of this, I just find it confusing. If anyone has any information about this that I haven't found to verify this petitions validity, please let me know.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Definitely interesting, however, where exactly did news of this spread from? It seems a bit strange for Interbooks to not make some official statement about this, and instead, opt to only create a petition about it on a website and make no other attempt to publicize the effort from an end that would reach a wider audience. I tried looking in to this more, as I would love to see this happen, and I'm not finding really anything other than people finding the change.org petition and talking about it. More strangely, I see a post on NeoGAF and one user who lists two "updates", yet I see no mention of these updates on the change.org page. Why wouldn't a company whose focus is to "make the japanese world accessible to the people overseas" make more of an effort to publicize this? I don't want to seem negative about any of this, I just find it confusing. If anyone has any information about this that I haven't found to verify this petitions validity, please let me know.

I am honestly skeptical as well, but I don't think we lose anything by signing. Unless there's small print saying we are selling our souls!!! :D

No, but seriously, I understand your concern and let's hope OP delivers.

Sep 26, 2013
My thoughts as well. It smells a little fishy, but the site is well known and signing doesn't cost anything. I'll just pray this is real.

Kuja9001

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 19, 2013
Updates come from here and its an employee of Interbooks atm not the entire company.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
:(

Unfortunately we have to declare defeat.
Interbooks Co. LTD
Japan
11 Jul 2014 — Dear FF fans,

First of all I would like to thank you all for signing this petition and I must apologize for kept you waiting for an update.
In these three months we found a few way to contact Square Enix indirectly and directly but we had the same answer from everyone.

At the moment Square Enix is not interested in making an English translation of the Ultimania series books for various reason I cannot say here. Even if the petition reached 10,000 signs the result wouldn't have changed.

I am very sorry for not being able to make this dream come true.

Regards

Caracciolo Paolo
Source