Why I believe FFXV Isn't Fabula Nova Crystallis anymore and the Truth about the FFXV Logo

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I agree with your idea of Etro being replaced with a different Goddess. Much like Hydaelyn in Final Fantasy XIV is the Goddess of the planet Hydaelyn, I believe that Eos would be the Goddess of Eos. Not just because of the shared names, but more in line with what you said in the video. It also makes more sense when you think about the idea of "sleep" and "dawn" as you mention.

Great video.

Novum

Balamb Garden Freshman
Jul 25, 2016
NYC
I agree with your idea of Etro being replaced with a different Goddess. Much like Hydaelyn in Final Fantasy XIV is the Goddess of the planet Hydaelyn, I believe that Eos would be the Goddess of Eos. Not just because of the shared names, but more in line with what you said in the video. It also makes more sense when you think about the idea of "sleep" and "dawn" as you mention.

Great video.
Wow I had no idea about the FFXIV thing, but it makes perfect sense if XV is doing it as well.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
I agree with your theory as well. I think they still kept some aspects from FNC but changed names to cut ties with XIII's lore to be its own independent world. Love your video! :D

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I also agree. And I have to say, considering the amount if pure drivel out there on the net, I appreciate someone who gets their facts straight, has a point and covers all the bases without undue emotion. Keep up the good work.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
The game is part of the FNC at its thematic base, not necessarily its mythos anymore. As Tabata said (yeah, I know he says a lot of things, but this one has been fairly consistent for once) but as the games world was built around the mythos of the FNC, removing it entirely would have meant that the games identity would have been lost as well. He also stated that the original intention of the FNC was to create a mythos that each games creators could do their own interpretation of. While that has changed for obvious reasons, as he says, the terms are removed but new original lore is now there as well.

So, thematic design wise, it *is* still part of the FNC. Mythos wise, it is mostly new.