Will FINAL FANTASY XV be out By 2016?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you think a FF15 release for 2016 is likely?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loki Darkstrom

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 3, 2014
Valhalla
Mod Edit: The site linked below plainly is lacking any concrete information, but that doesn't stop this from being a valid discussion topic/poll. Do you think FFXV will make it out by 2016?

Original Post:
As news spreads, according to the known website KdramaStars, the long developed JRPG, Final Fantasy XV is due to come out by 2016. From this article, the sources say that Square Enix announced this offically with the month of June in mind. Whether we can believe it or not, it sounds plausible, especially knowing that the entire game is only 55% done at this time and the demo soon to release is 80% done. Regardless of whether this news be true, we as Final Fantasy devotees have a little while of waiting before we can play Final Fantasy XV and a little less while before we can get our hands on the demo. As a simple person with opinions, I personally think it might be accurate that the game comes out by 2016 or maybe even late 2015, what are your thoughts on this news?

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
What a load of crap. Why do you give this thing more hits?

EDIT: You are also to blame. Your post title is a clickbait. "FINAL FANTASY XV OUT BY 2016", when it isn't true, as nothing has been officially announced.

I'm betting for a December 2015 release in Japan and a March 2016 release everywhere else.
Yeah, this sounds about right, providing there are no more problems with development. With discussions these past few weeks of Noctis being the sole playable character, and the possible abandonment of some gameplay features envisioned back in the Versus days, one does wonder whether Matsuda has issued a stern deadline window to finally get the game out the door.

In fiscal year terms, they've been building up a recognisable pattern of every 2 years since 2009/10, of late Q3 releases in Japan, followed by Q4 in the west.

FFXIII - December 2009 [JPN], March 2010 [WW]
FFXIII-2 - December 2011 [JPN], February/March 2012 [WW]
Lightning Returns - November 2013 [JPN], February 2014 [WW]

FFXV - December 2015 [JPN], February/March 2016 [WW]???

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
This forum could use a bit more moderation.
Reminder: The report button exists! Please use it!

That said, I've adjusted @Loki Darkstrom's OP to refocus this thread to use the poll for a discussion/question instead: Do you think FF15 will make the 2015/2016 launch window now? I've reset the votes, too. Hopefully that satisfies all :) :chocowalk: