1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

- Everything we know about FFXV -

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Arcana, Sep 29, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

I'd like to see a bit more in-depth presentation of combat (magic system, summons, etc) and gameplay in general. A bit more story would be nice and I'd be disappointed if they used the old tracks.

2. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

To be honest I mainly want more info on the story. Like an example of how dark it will or could go. I love dark stories, even more so in my jrpgs.

3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I would like a bit of everything and a release window/date if possible.
    IF XV were to show up on TGS.

4. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

First of all, sorry for the long post. But there is something I wanted to discuss. It's about the game's exploration. I know it has been said the game won't be truly open world, but it certainly isn't going to be filled with hallways like XIII. So, to what extent do you think will we be able to explore certain areas? I'm going to post some examples, and show areas from last year's E3 trailers. I excluded CG cutscenes (inb4 everything from those trailers as CG).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    During the gameplay trailer, Noctis is seen flying fighting well above the ground in front of a tall building, and we can see the scenery that surrounds the area. It seems mostly empty, but has some cars moving around. Maybe we can go and explore over there?

[​IMG]
    However, when Noctis is fighting on the ground in the same area, we can see the Military/Police has blocked the entrance. While a person could obviously go between those cars to get out of there, this is a video game, and so, maybe this acts as the "invisible wall" preventing you to leave the area? If so, that's disappointing.
    [​IMG]
    While Noctis is fighting above, we can catch a glimpse of the rest of the city, however briefly. Here is where I think the "not a fully open world" plays its role, as I don't think that entire city, which looks huge, can be explored; much less when there is the rest of the world to see and not only the city, unlike a GTA game for example.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see the lovely city of Accordo. A map is shown, maybe to disperse doubts about your ability to explore the city. There is a map of the city, so surely you'll be able to move around, right? At least before shit goes down and the city gets blown by Leviathan.
    [​IMG]
    Here, we can see that we can indeed go down the city and move through its streets. But what if it's only during that section? What if the map is just for decoration and you can't actually explore the city? What if that's the only halfway you can go trough because Noctis is chasing Leviathan and it's all part of one big sequence?

Again, sorry for the long post. I know a lot of these things can change during development. Maybe those cities and areas won't be featured in the final game at all. This is speculation. But I want to see your opinions. Maybe you missed a thing or two, and since this is a "Everything we know about the game" thread, the more you discover about the game the better.

Orenji and Slickyslacker like this.
  5. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

I've always been under the impression that you would be able to explore large areas in the game, it just wouldn't be completely open. I don't have a long message in return, just that I think you'll be able to explore Lucis Kingdom and the city below, just not to the point where you phase out to the world map. Same with Acordo as well... what is the point of having that BIG map if you can't explore any of it?

6. wmlk

wmlk Yevonite

Those cars aren't actually moving. The entire area was very barebones.

7. UNKLE

UNKLE Yevonite

"Everything we know about FFXV"
    FFXv will not be appearing on TGS 2014

imo I still, can't understand square enix! why are they not show us FFXV? what if they keep us waiting more 1 year then the game finally release and the game is just gonna be a big failure?story,graphics etc...? and in the end fans gonna say: WE WAITED for THIS!?

8. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

It very well could be a failure!

Which is why it would be wise to lower your expectations. There is no good reason to have high expectations and expect this to be the second coming of Christ when we've been waiting for over 8 years now.

9. Orenji

Orenji PSICOM Soldier

Especially because we've been waiting for this for over 8 years (and counting...), it really should be way bigger than the second coming of Christ. :p

10. UNKLE

UNKLE Yevonite

11. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

I hope they NEVER get a real fashion designer to do the clothing again! Or at least not the one they have now. Geez, I'm just now noticing that the whole cast is wearing jackets/vests over shirts. Except Gladiolus who don't have a shirt underneath. Their outfits all look to similar, they all even have red underneath their shoes. Perhaps they are in uniform..
    [​IMG]

I remember it was said that Stella's dress at the meeting scene was black too from the original fashion design, but Square Enix changed it white to have better contrast with Noctis suit. Thank goodness!! It's like this fashion company is unaware that other colors do exist. Haha!!

12. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Looking at that artwork gives me a West Side Story vibe. I think they're about to have a dance off with Nibelheim!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Crystal Power likes this.
  13. somni

somni Yevonite

From get go, the core theme has always been "fantasy based on reality." So the character designs make perfect sense in context.

Much like our own modern world there are cultural norms that most people follow, with one of those norms being fashion and or style. Keep in mind that Noctis and his crew have known each other since childhood and they all have been raised in the kingdom of Lucius. Considering the theme and the close relationship between them, similar taste in dress seems more than likely. In addition to that, there is also the darker visual mood Nomura is striving for.

14. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Well Nomura did want XV to be a musical at one point...

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'd actually love if this game were a musical. Like, with the gameplay/etc. still intact but with all the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes having big song/dance numbers and whatnot.

15. LeonBlade

What's wrong with Roen? I love these designs. Yeah, the outfits are similar... but isn't that the point of having a designer work on multiple outfits...? Yeah, the red under their shoes, ever heard of Louboutin? Pretty iconic brand known for having the red soles on shoes/high heels.

You must not be into high fashion. :cool:

16. Crystal Power

I wonder if everyone in Lucis wears black. I like the Uniform feeling more, if they are in uniform then that's fine to me.

Most likely isn't into 'high' fashion, but thank goodness I'm not if I'm going to look that boring everday. :p

Honestly I love my black clothing but the theme seems so overused here....

17. LeonBlade

I wouldn't call it boring, they have intricate designs on you can't see! Yes, the black clothing thing has to do with the mafia inspired design.

18. Crystal Power

Yea, you're right "boring" wasn't really the best word to describe what I felt. I'd say a better word perhaps would be "repetitive everyday".

19. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I see no flaws in the design.

20. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Well, it could be because that probably was like pre-alpha footage, or something of the sort.

LeonBlade likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!