1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Famitsu Interview with Tetsuya Nomura (KHIII, Chi, 3D and more)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Squirrel Emperor, Sep 24, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

I'd like to know more about why they thought it would be a good idea to associate III's story with a browser game that's only available in Japan.
    :\

Orenji and Tani like this.
  2. Tani

Tani Yevonite

If you think about it, why would anyone go out of their way to play a browser game unless it holds something of interest? Here it can be the link of the story. Of course this is just a guess, but i'm pretty sure to grab players attention they'll need something haha

3. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, that's a good point. I mean, I'm assuming they're doing this to get more people to play Chi so they can make more money. I just hope they either release Chi overseas or make relevant story information available in some other format. I haven't played these things for 10+ years only to be dissatisfied by the ending because I didn't play a friggin' browser game.

I mean, if it comes down to it I'll just read about Chi's story online. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have translated/summarized the basic gist of it.

Tani likes this.
  4. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Hopefully for you guys, this isn't Versus XIII all over again.

5. Tani

Tani Yevonite

Implying that you aren't waiting for this game i see i see. :p

6. yeah_93

I'm not a KH fan if that's what you mean. I'm interested in the game, but that feeling is nowhere near excitement.

7. Tani

Tani Yevonite

I'm not really sure if you're kidding or not o_O In any case, the gameplay is certainly i look forward to :D

8. yeah_93

Why would I be kidding? KH is not my cup of tea.

9. Tani

Tani Yevonite

Turn based gameplay suits you better i think? o_O Or any other element in particular that doesn't suit you?

10. yeah_93

It's not the gameplay - otherwise I wouldn't be looking forward to Versus. It's the style of the game, I think? The story, characters, worlds, Disney. I dunno. Not my cup of tea.

Tani likes this.
  11. Tani

Tani Yevonite

If you say so xD Personally i like everything about it, major factor being the story. More so of the antagonist rather than the protagonist xP

12. Kaii

Kaii Red Wings Commander Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

That is super not true. I played both the Dragon Age 2 and Assassin's Creed browser games, which were not really informative or that interesting. I also played a ridiculous amount of FF Air Brigade, which I know is bigger in Japan than it is here, and it's just pure grinding competitive fun. They're all just addictive and stupid, like Angry Birds or Candy Crush Saga, but with a big dose of fan-service.

13. Orenji

Orenji PSICOM Soldier

Okay, but that doesn't apply to KH chi it seems. They said chi's story would be relevant to KH III, so that's why people are complaining - people outside Japan aren't able to play the game, so they could miss a part of the already complicated story of the saga. A little unfair if you ask me. Same goes for KH3D in my case...

14. Tani

Tani Yevonite

It was already mentioned that the story of chi would be related to Kingdom Hearts 3 hence becomes a part of the whole. Or are you suggesting Nomura lied to us in his latest Interview in the magazine Famitsu when he said that? I understand you claim usually browser games are just for fun without any actual story but I'm just quoting Nomura and taking my guess on the rest.

There's still so much we don't know abut the game. Maybe it could just be a side story related to the main story. Maybe it doesn't have any significant importance in the storyline, i'll wait on the complaints till we get to know more about this.

15. Kaii

Kaii Red Wings Commander Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Okay, let me clarify what I said earlier. Take for example, the Assassin's Creed browser game. It had a lot of stuff about the Assassin's Creed universe in it that wasn't in the games, but all of it was sort of background information. None of it was really essential to the overall series; they weren't solving the great mysteries or anything. Did it add to my overall understanding of the universe? Sure. Was it necessary to the plot of any of the main games in the series? Not at all.

I understand that KH is kind of a special case -- it has a complex storyline that drops a lot of hints in every single title. But I think your later hunch is right, that the information of in chi will not be of huge significance. I really think that most developers understand that these kinds of small side games aren't the places to do heavy-plot work.

Tani likes this.
  16. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

17. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Red Wings Commander

It sucks I will be in NY the week after Comic Con :/ but sounds like he has a lot on his plate. I wonder what the other projects are... I hope one of them is Dissidia or TWEWY 2.

"a lot of trouble with the engine" is the Kingdom Shader hard to get working I wonder? or is Osaka team struggling from the jump?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!