FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
Honestly, if they're going to add in another explorable area. I hope it's Tenerbae. It always gave me the "proper" FF feeling, and although I get in in some places in Duscae, I don't really get it in this game (Where as in FFXII I seem to always have that).

I wont be disappointed if they don't though. Game is still awesome.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Love Ardyn's Theme!

It sounds very ancient Egyptian/Arabian. Kind of fits with him being 2000 odd years old. Like something that doesn't sound like it belongs in the present world of Eos

I want a game based on this guy!

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
One of the most satisfying fight. Too bad I destroyed her in a couple minutes xD
:/ the sidequests give too much EXP, i think i've been overleveled all the time (i'm not using optimal gear so the battles can take a bit longer lol).

the problem is that i love to explore and fight and in general i don't like to rush the story, i can't help myself i guess

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
They'll probably add these to the game now that they have the time and the get go from the higher ups.

Post these in the feedback section on the official forum?

They actually look at the stuff there for feedback which is great. I'd love to see these included.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
:/ the sidequests give too much EXP, i think i've been overleveled all the time (i'm not using optimal gear so the battles can take a bit longer lol).

the problem is that i love to explore and fight and in general i don't like to rush the story, i can't help myself i guess
Try taking on multiple coeurls at once.

No matter how over leveled you think you are that shit is hard man.

Got wrecked since they're so fast lol

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
don't even tell, they're brutal

first time i got close he was lying on the ground looking at me... one second later he fucking charged his antennas and i was dead.

ok

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Ugh really antsy on wanting to get the Airdance ability before finishig the main story, PD spoiled me rotten lel.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
What they did to the Dead-Eye in the final game from what it originally was in ED fight was criminal.
Completely butchered it.

"We were talking about the behemoth, Deadeye, the monster that turns up (as seen in the Episode Duscae demo). Yes, this is a monster—but we didn't want it to be just that. We made it so that it was a very individual creature. He behaves differently to other behemoths. He has a history that's unique to him. So that's one side to this reality we're aiming for—but it was hard for some people to get onboard with that that entails. Nevertheless, I think we've found our reality line, and it's quite distinct from where previous Final Fantasy games have been. We've taken a step toward making Final Fantasy more grounded".

And it ended up just being a regular hunt...
No investigating, no 'plan' of action and no cutscenes during the fight that plays into the gameplay. No celebratory victory cutscene.
Sad.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
don't even tell, they're brutal

first time i got close he was lying on the ground looking at me... one second later he fucking charged his antennas and i was dead.

ok
5 at once and they killed all the boys before I even got a chance to flee.

It was a one massive flash of lightning since they ALL charged their antennas at the same time. Fucking brutal.

Ugh really antsy on wanting to get the Airdance ability before finishig the main story, PD spoiled me rotten lel.
That's one of my goals now.

Buffed up everything else but that. Probably shouldn't have left it for last lol xD

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
What they did to the Dead-Eye in the final game from what it originally was in ED fight was criminal.
Completely butchered it.

"We were talking about the behemoth, Deadeye, the monster that turns up (as seen in the Episode Duscae demo). Yes, this is a monster—but we didn't want it to be just that. We made it so that it was a very individual creature. He behaves differently to other behemoths. He has a history that's unique to him. So that's one side to this reality we're aiming for—but it was hard for some people to get onboard with that that entails. Nevertheless, I think we've found our reality line, and it's quite distinct from where previous Final Fantasy games have been. We've taken a step toward making Final Fantasy more grounded".

And it ended up just being a regular hunt...
No investigating, no 'plan' of action and no cutscenes during the fight that plays into the gameplay. No celebratory victory cutscene.
Sad.
Feedback forum :p

In all honesty I think that this is a great opportunity, if not the only opportunity, for Square to really make this a standout title.

They have 1-2 years now to keep adding stuff to the base game. So I'm going to be heading to the feedback forum a lot to let them.

I'll let them know about the deadeye hunt as well.

Just read a post by Storm about the 4chan leaker and I'm thinking of telling the dev team to include all that cut stuff into the game as a reference.

It's such a shame that the corporate politics forced the game to be out by end of 2016. If they took their time this game would be the best of this generation.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I might have mentioned it in the feedback thread along with what the future patches should include.

And I hope it's not the case that they need us telling them all this as if it isn't standard stuff rather they know what we wanted, they wanted to include what was expected and they were just in a bit of a mess to during development and had set their priorities set incorrectly.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I might have mentioned it in the feedback thread along with what the future patches should include.

And I hope it's not the case that they need us telling them all this as if it isn't standard stuff rather they know what we wanted, they wanted to include what was expected and they were just in a bit of a mess to during development and had set their priorities set incorrectly.
I think they know.

Me thinks it's the absurd corporate politics and intense push to release it this year no matter what that resulted in us getting the game as it is now.

Great game. More time in the oven and it'd be one of the best games imo.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
i just finished steyfill grove, it turned out to be one of the best parts of the game at this point for so many reasons.

holy shit

the dungeon was fucking beautiful, but mainly aranea

edit: sunhilegend from neogaf strikes again

That's a niiiice gif.

That backflip from Ignis xD