FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://twitter.com/promdaisuki/status/803226462849363968

i love this cast, never expected to like them so much.

thought ignis and gladio were bland, and prompto annoying when i played episode duscae, but after brotherhood and the game this all changed; i'm more surprised at prompto, there's two cutscenes that he shined (the english VA does a great job in more serious moments).

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

we all need to airdance

trying to pull off stylish combos is part of the fun

edit: just tried totomonstro, never expected to like it but i did

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

we all need to airdance

trying to pull off stylish combos is part of the fun

edit: just tried totomonstro, never expected to like it but i did
You want some air-dancing, check out my vid in the spoiler section, but only after you beat the game :p

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
omg chapters 13 and 14 almost redeemed the second half, the fucking cutscenes in the end are brilliant

i'm so excited for the final chapter, the story finally showed it's true potential.
OK I found the interview where he said it, theres some other interesting tidbits there as well
https://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-378316.html

Edit: whoops replied to you in the wrong thread, we have too many thread on this game now lol

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Camping and Prompto's photos are one of the best things about this game.

Anyone tried camping with both
Aranea and Iris?

It's kinda awesome xD

Aranea has the "what the hell am I doing here?" Body language throughout lol

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Still reeling that Jim Sterling is defending this game. I remember his XIII review. He trashed that game very harshly. Quite the turnaround with this latest entry.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
You can keep 150.

Darn shame cuz I didn't want to delete so many of the photos :(
Choose your 150 chocobros memories wisely, make them count.

Edit:

Still reeling that Jim Sterling is defending this game. I remember his XIII review. He trashed that game very harshly. Quite the turnaround with this latest entry.
What was his opinion on XIV (either 1.0 or post 1.0)?

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I haven't played FFXIV but I keep hearing about how version 1.0 was terrible and that 2.0 is a really amazing game.

Could someone who has played the two versions please elaborate on how big a difference between the two were?

Same story and characters or completely revamped with everything new in version 2.0?

Just want to get an idea of how Square acts when it comes to "redelivering" a product.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I haven't played FFXIV but I keep hearing about how version 1.0 was terrible and that 2.0 is a really amazing game.

Could someone who has played the two versions please elaborate on how big a difference between the two were?

Same story and characters or completely revamped with everything new in version 2.0?

Just want to get an idea of how Square acts when it comes to "redelivering" a product.
didn't played 1.0 so can't explain the gameplay differences, but in terms of story, world and characters it's basically a continuation of it.

they've done the transition with one of the most epic CGs i've ever seen.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I remember seeing someone on my twitter timeline assurt that XV should get an A Realm Reborn treatment with Nomura on the main course,

Uh, there was a reason ARR got remade from the groundup in comparison to what we're seeing with XV now.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I remember seeing someone on my twitter timeline assurt that XV should get an A Realm Reborn treatment with Nomura on the main course,

Uh, there was a reason ARR got remade from the groundup in comparison to what we're seeing with XV now.
Yeah a complete Nomura remake is unnecessary.

Just adding in all the relevant story content is enough since that's the only thing that needs "fixing".

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I'll never understand asking for stuff like that. It would be admitting a defeat on S-E's behalf and, furthermore, breathing life into something that has been cooking over 10 years and has been, for the longest time, one of the, if not the, laughing stock of the industry.

Why would they want something like that? One of the reasons I really wanted this game to be out (although I wouldn't have minded some few months more, because the story department is severely lacking and poor so far :/) was that I wanted to get over and past this for good, as it's been fucking 10 years with the same characters, world and roughly the same story beats and gameplay systems. I'm sure S-E feels even more that way.

And I guess it's all about taste and such, but I can't comprehend either how people would prefer to have S-E working on that rather than having them work on, you know, FF XVI. This series' future, if they (as they seem) wisely apply a new structure within their development systems, could be great. I just need VII-R to be good and smoothly developed and, especially, XVI to be like that and also new, unique and fresh. It all should come in a timely manner and if you just started developing the game, just shut the fuck up and get to it until it's close to completion: then you can show it.

The whole "FF XV reimagination under Nomura's vision™, please S-E!" begging is so laughable in my opinion. Or at least I can't really understand it.

Also, I don't think Nomura would agree to that, not right now (and it's not like he ain't busy currently).

Never forget. I hope we get his cane as a Royal Arm.

Anyways, I thought I would be in Altissia already, but it doesn't seem like that.

Chapter 6 (or 7? I have way too many things in my head as it is right now) spoilers:
The open world is pretty big, huh? Right now I'm on that mission to gather some mythril for the boat.

Really liked Caem visually: really green and varying in height, and the vistas are great. Seriously, this game can be really, really beautiful. And that house is really comfy and works as something akin to a resistance base, like in VI, arguably VII... I don't know how it'll be used though. I'm guessing not much will be seen beyond this. It's a very easy place for Niflheim to find and raid though (btw, the whole Empire General kidnapping was, again, incredibly awkward. I guess it's not the last we've seen of him, but man. I also expected this character to be a bit different, considering the Luna flashback).

Regarding the story... Well, what the fuck is up with Gladio. I assume this is where his DLC is going to take place in, right? Poorly done and also a bummer: I really wanted all the DLCs be about the period between the present and the future (I don't really know what happens, so I don't even know if that would be possible). Will this kind of shit happen with Prompto and Ignis too? As in, "ok, brb guise"? I hope it's better done and that, at least one of them, is in the future.

It'd be cool if Gladio fought Glauca as the final boss of his story. But at the same time, it wouldn't make that much sense (especially as there's a case to be made about him being... well, dead. Or close to that) and would piss me off, as something as important as that should be in the game. I don't think Glauca will be featured here though, considering they've only shown his KG render in all the shows they've done.

Now onto the "story" itself. Another fetch quest (well, kinda)... At least that place north Cleigne is very cool looking. I've decided that I won't be exploring much more, not until I beat the game anyways or unless I want some specific weapon or something.

Luckily, Aranea is REALLY fun! She's not that well developed so far, but she's a fun character, has a good enough design (with some weird shit, I give you that) and a great fighting style, like all Dragoons. The dungeon is very interesting visual-wise, what with the whole underwater theme. I stopped right before what I assume is the boss of this place (in that room with all these magic sources).

So yeah, still thinking the same: gameplay, visual and music wise, it's phenomenal. Now, story wise... it's disjointed, badly paced, awwkard, unimpressive and doesn't really give some things the importance they should have. At least they kinda explained why Ardyn doesn't really care about helping them, but it's still weird as fuck that noone is too surprised or suspicious of that.

I'm assuming that, after this, I'll be heading to Altissia.

Last edited: