Final Fantasy 15 Demo

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
When I woke up this morning and checked my Twitter timeline, I couldn't believe, out of nowhere, bam!

Still, I hope they talk about the release window/date soon, but this gives us a more accurate idea of what to expect.

It SEEMS that tomorrow might be the day we finally get more actual info about the game (maybe even a live demonstration? Not expecting a public demo, sure), so my body is fucking ready.

Also, that Japanese woman (if she's to be believed) said something about not understanding it because it was in English. Very curious to see it, I hope it's more XII than XIII/XIV!

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Not sure about a trailer but I'm guessing you're going to get a video of something.
Yeah. Maybe a small PV for the demo alongside the Type-0 HD trailer.

Explains the site. And that lady on twitter probably is right then about seeing a trailer in English given press have known for quite a bit.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
The thing people need to keep in mind is just that Square won't confirm that the demo will (or won't) be day and date with Type 0, so it probably won't. It'll be a code in the box that later you can redeem for the demo when it comes out. IE, there may still be months of waiting, potentially, for an actual demo release. I still have a download code for access to the beta of "the next Command & Conquer game" from buying the C&C collection...! That never happened at all. That won't happen here, but there may be a wait, so temper yourselves!

Either way, pretty awesome, mind.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
The thing people need to keep in mind is just that Square won't confirm that the demo will (or won't) be day and date with Type 0, so it probably won't. It'll be a code in the box that later you can redeem for the demo when it comes out. IE, there may still be months of waiting, potentially, for an actual demo release. I still have a download code for access to the beta of "the next Command & Conquer game" from buying the C&C collection...! That never happened at all. That won't happen here, but there may be a wait, so temper yourselves!

Either way, pretty awesome, mind.
Outside of the FFXIV 1.0 voucher, SE has been pretty good with it's demos though. I expect it'll be released before E3 to kick off that final campaign. Jump Festa having more on it than TGS.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Outside of the FFXIV 1.0 voucher, SE has been pretty good with it's demos though. I expect it'll be released before E3 to kick off that final campaign. Jump Festa having more on it than TGS.
Why Jump Festa? The article was clearly supposed to go out after the news at TGS. I doubt we'll even see anything significant from Square at Jump Festa to be honest.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Pardon my language, but Holy. Fucking. Shit. I mean the possibility of having a FFXV demo bundled with Type-0 HD is something I thought possible; but by no means something I thought would be announced today... I'm so so excited I can't believe it. Look, we even got a new image! Of course, it's just the protagonists' androgynous faces, but who cares! This means I now need to get Type-0 HD, it's a priority now.

Holy... I still can't believe it. Now I'm happy.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Really hope that the demo isn't released much later than March, although I could totally see it. Still, great news.

Let's hope too that they have a healthier marketing campaign beginning now. And with that I mean that I would be satisfied with a couple of sad screenshots every two months, lol.

A man can dream and this won't happen, but it'd be pretty sweet for them to have an info blow-out tomorrow. I'd be content with much less as I said.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'd like to remind everyone...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII_Demo

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2010/10/exclusive_behind_the_scenes_of_3.php

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children_Complete

Final Fantasy XIII's demo was bundled with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, which released on 4/16/09 in Japan.

Final Fantasy XIII was released 8 months later in Japan, on 12/17/09.

SE made good on their promise of releasing the demo on the day that download codes for it were bundled with another product.

Moreover, the demo was an integral step in the game's development, signifying the finalization of FF XIII's gameplay and features - even if they made some minor adjustments for the final game.

Chances are we're going to see FF XV in a more-or-less finalized form within the coming days, perhaps even the coming hours.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Why Jump Festa? The article was clearly supposed to go out after the news at TGS. I doubt we'll even see anything significant from Square at Jump Festa to be honest.
SE always brings big stuff to Jump Festa. Have you not tracked it for the past few years? FFXIII's campaign started with JF in December 2008. A full year before.

And I'm not talking about this article. I mean a new trailer and proper release window for the demo or anymore news.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
BTW, this is from a Italian guy called Prokanon who is supposed to be a Famitsu employee:

Dettagli esclusivi sulla demo di FFXV

- Il nome "Episode Duscae" è confermato e deriva da un evento particolare.
- Il momento giocato non sarà la scena di Leviathan ma un area avanzata di gioco.
- Lo scenario sarà una foresta/prateria verde.
- Si avrà il pieno controllo di Noctis e di due altri eroi.
- La demo avrà una durata media simile a quanto visto con quella di FF XIII.
- Non si parla di disco fisso al momento (limited edition si?!) ma di DD, sempre con data da stabilire.
Notizie in aggiornamento "se possibile".

mata nè a tutti
[/I]

Basically, with my almost non-existant knowledge on Italian (although I'm Spaniard, so I can sort lots of things out lol) and with Google Translate:
-Episode Duscae is about a certain event in the game.
-The demo is not going to be about the Leviathan scene but a more advanced area in the game.
-The setting will be a forest/green field (maybe the ones in the 2011 trailer?)
-We'll get to control Noctis and other two team members (I guess those two members are going to be default).
-The lenght of the demo will be similar to that of FF XIII.

Now, I don't really trust anything I see on the webs, but he seems legit and has (apparently) given info before anyone. Also, it is very specific, so I just leave this here in case it's true!