Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Announced for PS4 and XB1

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Oh... do you realize that Sky's work has all basically gone to waste? I feel pretty bad for him... lol
When you do something like that, you do it knowing that there is a possibility that it will still be localized.

Bringing it to the west was always in the plans. But things got in the way.

PSP was dead in the West. PSVita needs more market share which has not happened. PS3 Remastered titles require to be bundled with two games in the west (I heard this was considered at one point).

But now it's coming to PS4 and XB1. The game will get better sales now.

Nov 29, 2013
When you do something like that, you do it knowing that there is a possibility that it will still be localized.

Bringing it to the west was always in the plans. But things got in the way.

PSP was dead in the West. PSVita needs more market share which has not happened. PS3 Remastered titles require to be bundled with two games in the west (I heard this was considered at one point).

But now it's coming to PS4 and XB1. The game will get better sales now.
Now for the guessing game of when.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I thought they'd remaster it for Vita and PS3. But I guess I'll finally get ps4 by the time this one comes out. And since it's gonna be on ps4 and xone I hope they're going to seriously enhance the graphics. Actually, it should be completely remade so that it matches next gen standards but I guess SE is too lazy for that ;p

And what's Agito even about? Is it any good?

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
They're fighting for a Vita version according to a Sony's rep Twitter. Especially after GAF went nuts.

I'm excited for this. Glad Square-Enix did something to please their fanbase for once. Doomtrain must be having a good laugh over this.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I really believed this would be announced this week.

Good on them. Hope they can get a Vita version sorted, but I will be supporting the shit out of this game on PS4 at least.

Sep 29, 2013
I did not see this coming, i hope this doesn't take forever to come out, surely this is a game that is meant to fill the drought between now and XV right?

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I was on another forum a couple years ago and more people said they wanted this more than XV. I wonder if that's the feeling still.
If a battle system/story/world looks more appealing to them then another game, then why not?

People actually know Type-0 is a really good game, whereas we don't know what FFXV is like at all.

I certainly know a lot of people have lost a hell of a lot of interest in FFXV in recent times - particularly after its E3 no-show this year - but there's so many very excited for Type-0 more than ever now.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
If a battle system/story/world looks more appealing to them then another game, then why not?

People actually know Type-0 is a really good game, whereas we don't know what FFXV is like at all.

I certainly know a lot of people have lost a hell of a lot of interest in FFXV in recent times - particularly after its E3 no-show this year - but there's so many very excited for Type-0 more than ever now.
You're right. But I just think 15 is good, it's just an annoying long wait. Not a bad game. Some people think it'll flat out be bad and instead focus on TYPE-0. That's what I mean.

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
You right. But I just think 15 is good, it's just an annoying long wait. Not a bad game. Some people think it'll flat out be bad and instead focus on TYPE-0. That's what I mean.
Well, with Type-0 certainly releasing before FFXV, people should be focusing on Type-0 now. With no info on FFXV coming from SE, it's really difficult to be excited for it, especially when it's such a long wait till it comes out.

Don't worry about what others think. When it gets info, and it's finally got a release date, people will be excited for it. It's FF. FF fans will buy it.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
One question: Is this a full remake? That screenshot doesn't look like a PSP remaster by miles, at least to me.
It certainly looks damn good, but I don't think it's a remake. I think it's just the fact it's on PS4/XBO rather than PS3/360 that this remaster looks that much more impressive.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be a full remake.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I half-imagine Hashimoto informing Nomura: "it's fine now. We have another Final Fantasy game to release for the consoles, and it'll sate the gaijins for the time being. If we still need more time for FFXV, we can afford it! 2017? 2017!"
Implying this is going to release before XV. Well, that's what it'll probably happen, but there is a possibility it's going to take a while.